Been taking finasteride daily for 8 years, should I add oral minoxidil?

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From you guys the that have been on both finasteride 1mg daily and oral minoxidil for at leat a year, does it further assist beyond finasteride 1mg daily?

I'm happy with finasteride, as while I never gained any regrowth after losing a lot of density, it seems to have held my current hair for the past 8 years.

Thanks

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotta add something…I think the min & finasteride & Dua has played itself out..

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is the scalp layer of the skull where the hair follicle are— have become calcified to varying degrees.. This top layer calcification effects all 5 layers of scalp skin .. as well as the galea the famous 3rd layer.. So to decalcify the scalp is imperative. This decalcification along with the typical hairloss treatments will start to show results if done on a consistent manner. This is the main reason all the so called hairloss treatments don’t work or barely work. The follicles aren’t getting the proper nutrients & blood flow— the follicles are getting slowly strangled—this is the so called “minaturation” the “hair experts” speak of.. It’s not the DHT but the resulting calcification exasperated by DHT.
Calcification will results in inflammation of the scalp.. excess sweating, sebum production.. all together for some reason produces the calcification… thats why all these “treatments” by “hair experts” don’t work satisfactorily.
What good is minoxidil if the scalp skin is inundated with calcium, or Finasteride or standing in your head..

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if your theory was to be true i.e. " It’s not the DHT but the resulting calcification exasperated by DHT"

Then taking a DHT inhibitor (e.g. finasteride) would still work to reduce said calcification.

Finasteride does tend to either halt or stop hair loss, it certainly seems to have paused it for me and I'm happy about that. If anything I wish I had started taking finasteride a few years before I did.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes.. I still use Duasteride.. It stays in the system for a long time..
My theory has come about because none of the others explains what I’m seeing..
It looks like the calcification is like rings on a tree slowly expanding outward strangling out more & more area until it hits the point of equilibrium— where blood flow is enough to sustain hair growth.. It would also explain why “so called verified hair growth chemicals in the laboratory don’t work with actual patients.. Degree of calculation is not measured. Age, sex Norwood are..
You can just look at a balding man.. how he is perspiring .. excess sebum, inflammation.. what is causing this? DHT..
Maybe.. but is it DHT =Calcification = inflammation =excess sebum/perspiring= hair loss..perhaps = the skull anomalies others postulate..

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes.. I still use Duasteride.. It stays in the system for a long time..
My theory has come about because none of the others explains what I’m seeing..
It looks like the calcification is like rings on a tree slowly expanding outward strangling out more & more area until it hits the point of equilibrium— where blood flow is enough to sustain hair growth.. It would also explain why “so called verified hair growth chemicals in the laboratory don’t work with actual patients.. Degree of calculation is not measured. Age, sex Norwood are..
You can just look at a balding man.. how he is perspiring .. excess sebum, inflammation.. what is causing this? DHT..
Maybe.. but is it DHT =Calcification = inflammation =excess sebum/perspiring= hair loss..perhaps = the skull anomalies others postulate..
What is duasteride? Lmao. That crap made me almost bald after 1.5 years total garbage, finasteride is much better.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Duasteride reduces DHT in scalp & blood more than Finasteride .
Dutasteride is more potent than finasteride due to its ability to inhibit both 5-α-reductase types I and II, thus leading to a 90% reduction in DHT serum levels compared with finasteride with a reduction of only 70%

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the spelling mistake that losingbattle88 was referring to i.e. Duasteride < is missing a letter 't'

I always wanted a backup option if one DHT reducing drug didn't work, which is why I opted for finasteride 1mg as my first line of defence. If that starts to fail me then I have dutasteride as a plan B.