Being Bald Can Save Your Life - A Tragic Waste

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you've read the quote wrong. Or at least different to how I read it.

Imagine waking up homeless tomorrow at your age but with no money, no job, no house, no possessions etc but having a full head of hair

You have to work your way back up in society.

I would jump for joy. I would hit on every girl in sight. I would kiss a bald guy and tell him everything is going to be ok.... and it would be a total lie.

I would get a job at mdconalds and love every second of it

because HAIR

Fingers crossed you will change how you think about that in ''a couple of years''...

Did someone say Tsuji...Shiseido...? xD

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you've read the quote wrong. Or at least different to how I read it.

Imagine waking up homeless tomorrow at your age but with no money, no job, no house, no possessions etc but having a full head of hair

You have to work your way back up in society.

I would jump for joy. I would hit on every girl in sight. I would kiss a bald guy and tell him everything is going to be ok.... and it would be a total lie.

I would get a job at mdconalds and love every second of it

because HAIR
Its different for me because I'm a norwood 3 with thinning on top, but with toppik I look almost like a fullhead.

So the appeal of being a fullhead isn't so great.

I'd much sooner keep my degree, book, teaching job, house in asia, and all my experiences then lose it all.

I'd only take that deal if my life was up the shitter.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Envy is a very destructive feeling. Which leads to resentment, hatred, spite, etc.

People hate on good-looking people for the same reason that they hate on rich people.

"Look, they're privileged, and they make me feel bad about my inferiority!"

The vice president of my company is tall, good-looking, successful (obviously), confident, funny, etc.

I've always liked the guy, yet you wouldn't believe the amount of hate he generates in the company.

"He's arrogant, he's good-looking and he knows it, I hate him! He thinks he's the sh*t uh, well he doesn't impress me!"

When a guy like that enters the room, we're all reminded of how flawed we are compared to him, and for many people, it's just unbearable to be confronted to that reality.

Envy is what fed the worst ideologies like communism. It's exactly the same thing, except that they went after status and money.

I'm having to deal with envy recently. A couple of my acquaintances, less smart than me, got better job positions than me recently. They fully deserve it, they worked hard for it. But a big part of me is super envious "it should have been me!!!!". Cerebrally I recognize that my failures are mine alone, and that I'm being petty, but I'm still human.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
surprisingly but never had any envy ever

I mean that evil envy not the peaceful one

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Envy is a very destructive feeling. Which leads to resentment, hatred, spite, etc.

People hate on good-looking people for the same reason that they hate on rich people.

"Look, they're privileged, and they make me feel bad about my inferiority!"

The vice president of my company is tall, good-looking, successful (obviously), confident, funny, etc.

I've always liked the guy, yet you wouldn't believe the amount of hate he generates in the company.

"He's arrogant, he's good-looking and he knows it, I hate him! He thinks he's the sh*t uh, well he doesn't impress me!"

When a guy like that enters the room, we're all reminded of how flawed we are compared to him, and for many people, it's just unbearable to be confronted to that reality.

Envy is what fed the worst ideologies like communism. It's exactly the same thing, except that they went after status and money.

In my time here, this is probably the best post I've seen you make and you've made some pretty damn great ones.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, when the Tsuji procedure is available to the public and it will realistically cost... probably around 150000€ for a full NW6? @That Guy what would be your realistic estimate since you're very knowledgeable on this?

Anyway, not only would I not have that much money in the bank (probably around 100000€ though), but there's no way I'll be putting all my savings into that, there will be a family to attend to and it just wouldn't be reasonable.

"Honey, forget about that house to raise our children, I'm going to buy myself a full head of hair instead :)." Not gonna happen.

That Guy has said it before, I don't think the guys who are like "I'll go bankrupt for hair!" will actually do it.

They're just like the guys who say things like "If Trump wins, I'll leave the country!" or "If you lose your hair, I'll close my dermatology practice!" @EvilLocks .

Most of us will probably have to wait for the prices to become reasonable.

Sorry, I missed this.

My estimate, assuming that they achieve what they set out to do, when they feel they can do it by (which I do honestly think is likely) is that such a treatment could be real within a few years, but will be out of reach to most people in the developed world for anywhere between 10-15 years.

We already know they don't aim to treat millions, at least not initially and they've already said it will be expensive (as most first-gen technologies are).

and all the points you make are right on the money. The guys who say they'll spend their life savings on a full head of hair, when faced with actually doing that, are going to back out if they've got any sense at all.

Allow me to pose another, scary, but very real possibility no one is considering:

Let's say that in 10 years, hair multiplication is real and has dropped considerably in price. Will you still even have a job to pay for it?

Automation and AI have already destroyed and are destroying jobs at an alarming rate of speed with no new position opening that can't also be filled by a robot or computer. Up here in Western Canada, we have an all-time high rate of unemployment and with it, crime. Just this morning in my small town there were two armed robberies, car theft is a daily occurrence and we have one of the highest homicide rates in the country.

No doubt some are thinking I'm insane for saying this, but it is a very real possibility that by the time you could get your hair cloned and transplanted for what seems like an affordable price, you'll be too concerned with how you're going to keep food on the table and the taps running all while fending off people trying to steal your sh*t — hair will be the least of your problems.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
cope

super handsome has nothing but benefits unless you live in f*****g Baghdad and walk around with straightened hair

Looks dont bring money bro.

If you ask what matters to an average guy:
He will say looks matter.
If you ask what matters to model:
He will say money matters.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks dont bring money bro.

If you ask what matters to an average guy:
He will say looks matter.
If you ask what matters to model:
He will say money matters.

You most definitely have that backwards

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Allow me to pose another, scary, but very real possibility no one is considering:

Let's say that in 10 years, hair multiplication is real and has dropped considerably in price. Will you still even have a job to pay for it?

Automation and AI have already destroyed and are destroying jobs at an alarming rate of speed with no new position opening that can't also be filled by a robot or computer. Up here in Western Canada, we have an all-time high rate of unemployment and with it, crime. Just this morning in my small town there were two armed robberies, car theft is a daily occurrence and we have one of the highest homicide rates in the country.

No doubt some are thinking I'm insane for saying this, but it is a very real possibility that by the time you could get your hair cloned and transplanted for what seems like an affordable price, you'll be too concerned with how you're going to keep food on the table and the taps running all while fending off people trying to steal your sh*t — hair will be the least of your problems.

Oh, a lot of people are concerned about this. I was just reading a thread on a p**rn forum I frequent about this topic where someone had posted a concerned article from the head of some job hunting company.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, a lot of people are concerned about this. I was just reading a thread on a p*rn forum I frequent about this topic where someone had posted a concerned article from the head of some job hunting company.

Yeah, but I've never seen anyone be like "If there's a treatment that can give me all of my hair back in 10 years, will I even have a job then?"

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

blackg

Reaction score
Haha I saw this post today and it made me think of this forum

It is true - sometimes some folks do hate good looking people.

When I shaved off my hair I think men treated me better, but some women weren't as friendly.
So true, mate. A good looking man is sometimes like a red rag to a bull for an angry overweight man who is incel.

Good looking men do not fly under the radar. Always a target, especially if the good looking dude has a lady on his arm.
TRIGGER!!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
My estimate, assuming that they achieve what they set out to do, when they feel they can do it by (which I do honestly think is likely) is that such a treatment could be real within a few years, but will be out of reach to most people in the developed world for anywhere between 10-15 years.

Man if this turns out to be the case I'm going to have to be on finasteride into my 40's

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man if this turns out to be the case I'm going to have to be on finasteride into my 40's

I disagree with him because they will license it out..and people will build facilities elsewhere. And enough money invested which will happen if its a proven cure the facilities will go up lightening fast.
Why would they not license it out?
Why would they not let investors come invest in many more facilities across globe for a licensing fee?
I am not understanding why the idea would be they would have to keep it coveted and only for the wealthiest of wealthy.
I think it would become global at least to many major cities, I thin hair transplant Doctors will probably license it from whatever wealthy investor gets involved after they discover this procedure works (hello Richard Branson)
And hair transplant Docs will license it probably the biggest ones first.
I think it will be like $30 grand a pop.
thats my prediction I am sticking to it and have nothing to base it on then a hunch.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with him because they will license it out..and people will build facilities elsewhere. And enough money invested which will happen if its a proven cure the facilities will go up lightening fast.
Why would they not license it out?
Why would they not let investors come invest in many more facilities across globe for a licensing fee?
I am not understanding why the idea would be they would have to keep it coveted and only for the wealthiest of wealthy.
I think it would become global at least to many major cities, I thin hair transplant Doctors will probably license it from whatever wealthy investor gets involved after they discover this procedure works (hello Richard Branson)
And hair transplant Docs will license it probably the biggest ones first.
I think it will be like $30 grand a pop.
thats my prediction I am sticking to it and have nothing to base it on then a hunch.

They plan to automate the entire process. There will be no licensing. They will build facilities in other countries where 100% of the profit will go straight to Riken — it's the only business plan that makes sense with an automated process.

Nissan doesn't give other motor companies the plans to their cars; they just build Nissan manufacturing plants (almost entirely automated) and/or ship their vehicles to Nissan dealers they've built around the world.

and if it's 30k a pop, that's still beyond the scope of most people in a market where jobs are rapidly disappearing with nothing to replace them.

Lasik can be done for 500 an eye in a lot of places now, but it's taken 20 years to get there.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They plan to automate the entire process. There will be no licensing. They will build facilities in other countries where 100% of the profit will go straight to Riken — it's the only business plan that makes sense with an automated process.

Nissan doesn't give other motor companies the plans to their cars; they just build Nissan manufacturing plants and/or ship their vehicles to Nissan dealers they've built around the world.

and if it's 30k a pop, that's still beyond the scope of most people in a market where jobs are rapidly disappearing with nothing to replace them.

Lasik can be done for 500 an eye in a lot of places now, but it's taken 20 years to get there.

I agree its still going to be for people who are working and or have great credit, own a home they can mortgage etc.

they throw financing at you if you want plastic surgery or cosmetic dentistry.

this is why you will see women who dont have huge incomes with like 50 grand in plastic surgery...they finance it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude stop acting like dumb fk.

Do u even know how i look?
Do not personally comment on others.

I don't give a f*** what you look like.

If you think that most "average" guys think looks are more important than money, you haven't been paying attention to any of them outside of these forums.

If you think a model, who's made his money because of his looks, is going to say money is more important than looks — you're either straight-up delusional or talking to a model with brain damage.