Beware of the Bennis Natural Hair Growth Institute

tjp

Reaction score
I am writing this post with the hope that it may help others from being victimized by this company's "guarantee". For those of you living in the Chicago-land area seeking treatment for hair loss, please be careful if you are considering the Bennis Natural Hair Growth Institute.

A little history first….I’ve been losing my hair for a few years now – typical male pattern baldness and have tried many of the standard treatments (minoxidil, propecia,nizoral,etc) along with some others (vitamin regimens, various topicals and vitamins) without success.

An internet search led me to the Natural Hair Growth Institute last October. The promise of a guarantee and laser treatments caught my eye. After much deliberation, I decided to try the program as long as a couple of items in the contract were modified. The program involves 6 months of laser treatments - 36, “scalp massages†-18, vitamins and topicals. My guess is that the laser treatment is the only legitimate treatment in the plan and the other items are simply additional moneymakers. During the course of my treatment, the laser appointments were stressed as I had over 40 half-hour sessions. Meanwhile, nobody seemed to care very much when I ran out of supplements or topicals. In fact, when I eventually started receiving the “scalp massagesâ€, I couldn’t help but notice they were only “hair washesâ€. I asked the question….but did not get an answer here.

The problems started occurring early on as I showed up for laser therapy a couple of times and no one was at the office. To be fair, this problem was rectified. However, the trouble I had with payments proved to be the main issue. After a down payment, the first regular monthly payment taken from my credit card was done at the wrong time (early..) and for the wrong amount (too much). This pattern continued into November and December. My complaints were brushed off and the debits were never corrected. Around Christmas time, another large unauthorized payment was debited from my credit card. This company’s abuse of credit card privileges ultimately forced me to cancel my card. By this time I had already spent “thousands†of dollars and many hours going back and forth to the center for treatment – but had no noticeable regrowth. Meanwhile, I continued going for treatment and Bennis agreed to waive the January payment. However, the next month some large late fees were randomly added to my balance – again no mention of this in the contract. I had decided at this point, that I could no longer make any monthly payments since I had lost my trust in the company based on its disregard for the terms of the contract. I communicated this to the company in March.

At this point, since it was coming up on six months and I had not yet seen any positive signs of regrowth, the company verbally offered to extend the contract. In other words, I would stay on the program with the hope of seeing some new hair coming in. I was agreeable to this since I still had hope that this would work out. Hope can be a dangerous thing…

By now I had also decided I would need the support of my credit card company in case the situation were to arise where I would be asking for a refund of my payments as noted under the contract. Unfortunately, my card only allows disputes within a 6-month time frame from the charge. Therefore, I decided I had to file a dispute as a formality, on the original down payment before the six month timeframe ran out. I informed Bennis before doing so, specifically stating that I was not looking for a refund but needed to file this claim which could be ignored for now. In response to this, my appointments were cancelled and I received a phone call laden with obscenities and threatening legal action against me even though I am losing my hair and Bennis has “thousands†of my dollars. After thinking about it a bit, this really didn’t surprise me. I’ve never dealt with a more unprofessional and poorly run company.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
Ben Franklin once said... "a fool and his money are soon parted"

Just Shave it man!, regain your self-confidence and control over your life instead of worrying about your natural course in life. You cannot beat baldness with transplants ,hair pieces and drug cocktails, I pity the people on here that are counting hairs and paying alot money to do it, not to mention the stress and worrying over losing hair. you cannot change GOD's plan for you, he wins in the end.

Brokenwall

Established Member
Reaction score
well if we can keep what we have and make it look better for a little longer then I dont mind putting in money and time

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well then im beating Gods plan.... sorry God but my hair is returning to the nw1 state... no disrespect God.. just want to have it like that. :D

G

bubka whats with you attacking everyone you keyboard warrior??!! why dont you try and attack someone in real life instead of sitting behind your computer screan acting like a tough guy..get a life tool :lol:

bubka

Reaction score
rambotera said:
bubka whats with you attacking everyone you keyboard warrior??!! why dont you try and attack someone in real life instead of sitting behind your computer screan acting like a tough guy..get a life tool :lol:
i just attack people who come to this board, troll, are ignorant and uninformed (much like yourself) and just make fake statements like yourself

this is a fairly scientific community here, you don't just pull statements out of your butt and present them as facts as you did

G

scientific??? lolol yeah your a real scientific person thinking propecia would give you enhanced performance and higher testosterone levels, why do you say these stupid things , is it because your on it and in denial about the damage its doing to you , give me a break ,The only science your familiar with is star trek you net nerd...

bubka

Reaction score
rambotera said:
scientific??? lolol yeah your a real scientific person thinking propecia would give you enhanced performance and higher testosterone levels, why do you say these stupid things , is it because your on it and in denial about the damage its doing to you , give me a break ,The only science your familiar with is star trek you net nerd...
AGAIN, i didn't say it gives any real advantage, I DID SAY, and OTHER HAVE POSTED SCIENTIFIC STUDIES, that show ZERO / NO muscle loss or adverse effect in muscle gain with DHT suppression, you f*****g redneck retard

calling me a nerd? christ, you are the one who is now talking about "star trek" jesus...

PLEASE QUOTE ANYONE here who said PROPECIA is beneficial, or Me for that matter? until then, shut the f*** up you redneck trash

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
bubka said:
rambotera said:
AGAIN, i didn't say it gives any real advantage, I DID SAY, and OTHER HAVE POSTED SCIENTIFIC STUDIES, that show ZERO / NO muscle loss or adverse effect in muscle gain with DHT suppression, you f****ing redneck retard

calling me a nerd? christ, you are the one who is now talking about "star trek" jesus...

PLEASE QUOTE ANYONE here who said PROPECIA is beneficial, or Me for that matter? until then, shut the f*** up you redneck trash

bubka...no one has mention anything about propecia being beneficial...he thinks that we are saying if you are on it...its gonna turn you into RONNIE COLEMAN.....

all we are saying you stupid c*** is that...it does alter your hormones...and that include a SLIGHT raise in test and estradiol and a big time reduction in DHT.

If you spent some time reading and trying to learn....we wouldn't have to put up with reading your garbage...

P.S. was today your off day from the gym? I don't want you over-training yourself ;)

G

hey net nerd it does alter hormones.. you stupid f*** DHT is a very important hormone ..your in denail because you use propecia you 5`8 160 pound keyboard warrior..

G

lol you hairloss geek...no today was my day to use topical finasteride!! :hairy: you know nothing about nothing keyboard warrior

G

propecia alters important male hormones all you people on it now will be sorry in a few years, I cant wait i will be laughing so hard !!! :D

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
lol you hairloss geek...no today was my day to use topical finasteride!! :hairy: you know nothing about nothing keyboard warrior

is keyboard warrior your favorite fuckin word...your the one here arguing with everyone....wtf

why dont you show me where i said topical finasteride doesnt EXIST?

i SAID I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE EFFECTIVE....and i still stand by that.

stop putting words in my mouth.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
hey net nerd it does alter hormones.. you stupid f*** DHT is a very important hormone ..your in denail because you use propecia you 5`8 160 pound keyboard warrior..

dht is important...why dont you tell us how and what our body uses it for after puberty? and post some references....like I have in other threads.

bubka

Reaction score
rambotera said:
PLEASE FIND ONE STUDY THAT SAYS DHT IS IMPORTANT FOR BODY BUILDING / ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE???????????????

you redneck idiot, or do you even understand what we are saying??? do you know what a scientific study is?

topical finasteride???? i want to hear more about this???