Beyond hope for hair transplant?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I just had a depressing realization. Once I get a job I am required by law to pay child support, roughly $340 a month. I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is going to postpone my projection date for earning enough to pay for this hair transplant. I feel like I am never going to be able to generate enough cash. I am pretty depressed about this, but my child comes first right?

The only other option is to take the hair transplant's very slowly instead of try to get it back as fast as possible.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I have been trying to find the actual sites for H&W and Dr. Feller and have been unsuccessful. I am getting frustrated so if anyone has a link to these sites I would greatly appreciate it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanks chap, U da man. :mrgreen:

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I'm sure these two clinics provide financing as well. Don't be depressed about having less money if its going to support your child's future, that's way more important.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Better get earning asap. :dunno:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I think I would have to rob a bank if I wanted a hair transplant :(

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its certainly a b**ch having to find this kind of money and totally unfair, but all you can do is make sacrifices, no holidays extravagant purchases ect and work overtime until you get the money. If you're desperate enough you'll find a way.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I could see metalhead going into a bank and pointing a SuperSoaker at the teller and saying,"This water gun is filled with hydrochloric acid, so gimme all the money or I'll burn your face off!" The teller responds by saying,"If you've got acid in there, wouldn't it burn through the plastic?" and metalhead yells,"Just give me the damn money!" :$

metalheaddude

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
metalheaddude said:
I could see metalhead going into a bank and pointing a SuperSoaker at the teller and saying,"This water gun is filled with hydrochloric acid, so gimme all the money or I'll burn your face off!" The teller responds by saying,"If you've got acid in there, wouldn't it burn through the plastic?" and metalhead yells,"Just give me the damn money!" :$

Actually I just planned to use my errection to rob the bank. That would scare anyone :mrgreen:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hard up for cash, huh MHD? :whistle:

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I just had a depressing realization. Once I get a job I am required by law to pay child support, roughly $340 a month. I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is going to postpone my projection date for earning enough to pay for this hair transplant. I feel like I am never going to be able to generate enough cash. I am pretty depressed about this, but my child comes first right?

you're pathetic. i feel bad for your child. you probably look at him/her as a reason that you won't be able to get a hair transplant.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No Joe, I love my daughter like crazy and would probably scalp myself if it meant that she was provided for. Given, I was a little depressed at first because I was really getting my hopes up with this whole transplant thing but I wouldn't consider for a second putting that before my daughter's needs. Not in a million years, o.k.?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
uncomfortable man said:

you're pathetic. i feel bad for your child. you probably look at him/her as a reason that you won't be able to get a hair transplant.

you arent such a winner yaself,dont just assume and then attack the guy :smack:

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
malibujoe said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":wl0iwc9u]I just had a depressing realization. Once I get a job I am required by law to pay child support, roughly $340 a month. I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is going to postpone my projection date for earning enough to pay for this hair transplant. I feel like I am never going to be able to generate enough cash. I am pretty depressed about this, but my child comes first right?

you arent such a winner yaself,dont just assume and then attack the guy :smack:[/quote:wl0iwc9u]

he should be out there trying to find a job to provide for his daughter...not so he could get a hair transplant.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fyi joe, I am in the middle of a move right now. When I get back to California I will find work and I will gladly pay child support. Contrary to what you've indicated, I'm not some a**h** dead beat dad. All this means is that I am going to have to work harder and longer to reach my goal of getting a transplant. My daughter comes first, but this does not exclude the possibility of my doing something about this problem that has severely effected my life. You've seen my pictures...

G

Hey, read UM's post again. He in fact made it very clear in his first mention of paying child support that IT WAS his first priority and that his hair transplant would have to wait. UM, I know exactly how you feel because I put off my second hair transplant for the very same reasons. My impression is that you are a good guy and you have undoubtedly done lots of research which I commend you for. :punk:

Please allow me to offer you my opinion on your case keeping in mind that I am not a doctor. And thanks for offering to put up your pics because that does take some courage. You are in fact a true class 5 headed for class 6 in the near future. THE GOOD THING is that I am not seeing the miniturization pattern of a class 7. And since the majority of your loss on top has taken place at your thirty-something stage in life, it would show class 7 shadows by now. So let me take an educated guess and say that there are not class 7's in your family history, but yes some class 6's. Feel free to correct me because obviously there are exceptions and I am not seeing your scalp in person under magnification either. My point is that at early thirties, you look like the classic class 6.

Now, a couple of things. Thank goodness you are going on meds. Let me clear up a few points though. First off, yes there are major differences in strengths of finasteride so it does matter. Propecia is low dose and was developed "specifically" for treating male pattern baldness. Proscar is dispensed for treating swelling of the prostrate which I assume you do not have prostrate cancer. However, I also use the Proscar version of finasteride BUT, I cut it four ways with a pill cutter and ingest 1/4 tablet per day. DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT take finasteride in larger doses thinking more is better. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT buy your initial supply of finasteride over the internet. YES, you do need a presciption for either Propecia or Proscar and you can still buy Proscar at your local pharmacy very cheap. Besides, you're not saving that much money by going to the internet and the local pharmacy is providing the real medication in it's true form, guaranteed. And make SURE you wait and stay on the meds first to see how efficient thay are working for you.

Personally, I think you'll do fine with hair transplant surgery providing your medical history is fine and you heal well. You have enough donor to cover the top ACCORDING to the realistic goals you mentioned in your previous posts. :)

BUT REALIZE SOMETHING my friend. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Meaning, if you do move forward with hair transplant surgery, you will never be able to wear your hair as short as your pics, PERIOD. And I'm talking strip OR FUE. I don't see your donor as being real dense but you do have above average hair characteristics or what I will call hair quality. Yet you need enough work done (thousands of grafts) that if you do it all by FUE, you will definitely end up with a moth-eaten donor appearance. Remember, your density level appears average at best.

That's why if you heal well, your donor scar should come out thin and you'll be able to get multiple strips done providing your laxity remains adequate to support them. But you will need to wear the length longer going forward, no more buzz cuts. That's the trade-off. If you cannot accept that compromise, DO NOT GET A hair transplant. :roll:

But for many of, it's not a compromise. Look, anyone with considerable loss who undergoes thousands of grafts in surgery GROWS THEIR HAIR OUT. I rarely and I mean rarely see patients undergo that much surgical restoration to only end cutting it all off. Think about it. :whistle:

Either way, I wish you well bro. I love Cal too so you will be moving to a great state. I used to live there myself many years ago. My son is there now in San Diego getting ready for his re-deployment to Iraq. Best wishes to you UM.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thank you Gill, I have paid close attention to your educated advice in other threads and I am very pleased that you have directed your wisdom at my situation- it makes a big difference. I sent an email to Dr. Feller, but there was no place to import pictures in the online consultation form. H&W doesn't accept flash photos so I will have to retake those and submit them to both clinics. I am very curious what they have to say. Both my uncle and cousin on my mother's side are NW6, so your observations are dead on. I will take heed of your med advice and avoid ordering online. I may just go to a dermatologist and procure a prescription that way and re-up at a pharmacy (although I heard pharmacies don't carry the 5%). I fully realize the trade off with the whole styling issue of hair transplants. As far as my expectations go, I would like full coverage but could settle for a slightly thin crown. The hairline and top of my head are a priority for me. If you were to look at the front of my head you would be able to see the dents that outline where my v shaped hairline used to be, so to raise or alter my hairline wouldn't be wise because you would still be able to see where my previous hairline was. Right now my concerns are my donor and my laxity. If I were really fat and had that whole pack of hot dog rolls on the back of my neck, that would be laxicity heaven. At this point I don't know if I will be able to get adequate coverage based on my characteristics. We'll see. Thanks again for your input and also for sticking up for me. I feel for you and your son, stoploss is a nightmare and imo is a war crime.