Big girls and balding guys

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Taking the differences between weight and hairloss into account, the challenge of loosing 300 lbs. is equally as strenuous as say an nw6 taking meds and undergoing procedures to get back to at least an nw2. Both are difficult to achieve but what really sucks is that the general public doesn't care weather it is your fault or not. That won't stop them from judging you.

ali777

Reaction score
As someone who's already lost 25kg I have to agree that hairloss and obesity aren't the same. Most of my weight was a result of drinking too much. I cut out the alcohol, went running and the problem was solved.

However, most people have difficulty losing weight. If will power was so easy to control I would have quit smoking and sort my career out. So, I can't really blame anyone for not taking control of their lives.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hairloss is truly a unique condition. It has no causes and is'nt health related. Its not just fat = bald partner it could be fat/bald/short or just plain ugly.
To a certain extent CCS does have a point with his points/score compatability theory.

Townsend

Reaction score
Ahh, chubby chasing. Guilty as charged.

Its funny, my younger brother who has a full head of glorious long hair has never dated anyone less than 160. Its all confidence, it really is.

Mpresev

Reaction score
I want you to check these books out ok? promise?

The power of Intention by Wayne Dyer

Attraction is Not a Choice by David Deangelo www.doubleyourdating.com

YOu need confidence my man.. No worries all it takes is a little knowledge and looking at thing different.

M.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, I could walk around with my bald head held high and nobody will even notice I'm bald, yeah it will be like being an nw1 again-hooray for confidence.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
IBM said:
Congratulations Dave. I'm still depressed.

lol IBM you crack me up,youre like a Portuguese jack dee !

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
oh and large girls hate me,im way too skinny for them and every girl i ever dated felt like i made them look fatter than they were ! well,that was just the fat ones ,the skinny ones didnt mind :)

ali777

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
oh and large girls hate me,im way too skinny for them and every girl i ever dated felt like i made them look fatter than they were ! well,that was just the fat ones ,the skinny ones didnt mind :)

Haha... that must be the reason why I haven't been laid for several months :woot:

I never thought about it before, but I see your point. I should target only the skinny ones from now on.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always lol at the guys that blame their lack of women on being bald. David DeAngelo is bald as a motherfukkr and he pulls more poon than most of HairLossTalk.com combined. Bald + muscles + tan + metrosexual style = women. Jesus - you guys think that lack of hair is the end of your lives. Your attitudes toward yourselves is what's killing you...Not your receeding hairlines.

Townsend

Reaction score
Harie said:
Your attitudes toward yourselves is what's killing you...Not your receeding hairlines.

I'm inclined to agree with you. However, what do you think is initiating/exacerbating/perpetuating that negative attitude?

In the end though I believe you are right. It really comes down to a choice on whether you chose to be affected by it or not.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Harie said:
I always lol at the guys that blame their lack of women on being bald. David DeAngelo is bald as a motherfukkr and he pulls more poon than most of HairLossTalk.com combined. Bald + muscles + tan + metrosexual style = women. Jesus - you guys think that lack of hair is the end of your lives. Your attitudes toward yourselves is what's killing you...Not your receeding hairlines.

there are quite a few of us here that are in either good relationships or can get in one if we need/want to! the minority are just very vocal about how baldness messes their lives up.

ali777

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
Harie said:

there are quite a few of us here that are in either good relationships or can get in one if we need/want to! the minority are just very vocal about how baldness messes their lives up.

I agree with this.... I can only speak for myself but if I really try and go out to meet new people, etc, I'm pretty sure I can get a girl. I just talk about it a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything about it. I'm an opportunist when it comes to dating :innocent:, rather than working for it, I wait for the right opportunity.

For example, some female friends invited me out tonight, someone trying to get a girlfriend would jump at the opportunity and make an effort, but I don't feel like going out. Not that my appearance bothers me, I avoid alcohol these days and sitting in a pub all night drink OJ isn't exactly fun.

PS: I have a 10 pints bet with my housemate that I will get laid at least one more time in this calendar year... Maybe I should go out and claim my winnings :whistle:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:

Big difference as "bald as a motherf'er" and "receding hairlines". You might want to distinguish between the two. I would give anything to have a receding hairline. My *** wouldn't be posting here at all if I did. At this point, it would barely phase me as I could buzz my hair fairly short and get away with it. But when you have no hair, you either need to look good as Kojak or you just don't look good. You have no options.

Mpresev

Reaction score
David Deangelo is not bald.. He has a full set mate. :youbet: [

quote="ali777"]
Hans Gruber said:

Haha... that must be the reason why I haven't been laid for several months :woot:

I never thought about it before, but I see your point. I should target only the skinny ones from now on.[/quote]

cruz

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
You might want to distinguish between the two. I would give anything to have a receding hairline. My *** wouldn't be posting here at all if I did.

Based on your posts here, i highly disagree with that. The fact that your hairline would be RECEDING would cause you a huge amount of anxiety and stress. If meds wouldn't prevent any further loss (as they haven't for me) then you'd be f****d.

I'm not disagreeing that having something on top is better than nothing, but don't under-estimate the amount of sh*t that someone can go through because of a receding hairline - it's more to do with a fear of what you'll look like in the future and not necessarily what you look like now.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Harie said:
I always lol at the guys that blame their lack of women on being bald. David DeAngelo is bald as a motherfukkr and he pulls more poon than most of HairLossTalk.com combined.

Just image googled David Deangelo and he has a full head of hair. :dunno:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cruz said:
Based on your posts here, i highly disagree with that. The fact that your hairline would be RECEDING would cause you a huge amount of anxiety and stress. If meds wouldn't prevent any further loss (as they haven't for me) then you'd be f****d.

I'm not disagreeing that having something on top is better than nothing, but don't under-estimate the amount of sh*t that someone can go through because of a receding hairline - it's more to do with a fear of what you'll look like in the future and not necessarily what you look like now.

Fear of losing. I know it's huge. I'm just saying when u DO lose it, there is no fear of losing. You are living the actual thing you are afraid of. It's worse in many ways. When you are losing your hair, you do have some options. Different haircuts, meds, hair transplant's. When you lose it, you have to just accept it. Problem is, sometimes you can't accept it. If you look like complete crap, you can't pretend you look good. And it's hard to like forget and not care what you look like. In this society, it matters. People spend time and money on clothes, items, creams, skin items, hair items and all that stuff. They get in good shape to look good.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:

Amen! brotha! you hit the nail on the head! I think many guy's here, need to sign up for David DeAngelo's weekly newsletter so they can have the wuss slapped out of them! And this is not a plug, btw! but I never got why guy's think that it's over with girls once they start to bald , in reality women are more attracted to guy's with confidence more so then looks. I've tested it and witnessed it! believe me confidence and a lil' wit goes a long way.

Please don't flame me it's just my opinion :p