Bill Shakespeare's Story - (5 month finasteride and nizoral update!!)

Reaction score
well ive been checking out this site for a couple of months but here's my story,

Well it was the end of my spring semester sophomore year in college and i came home for the summer, this is when i started to notice something very alarming. My hair was alot thinner as i got comments from my barber and some of my friends. I started to obsess over this as i feel I'm a good looking guy and my hair helped me out with that. after hearing comments like these i began to obsess over my hair and eventually started to buzz my hair very short to hide it. i was very confused as to why this was happening because my father had not started losing his hair until 40, he is now 42. and the rest of my family still had there hair well into their 40's. But during the summer i would just look at the top of my head and become depressed because i believed i was getting the diffuse thinning i learned from this site, as it started to like i was a monk with all bald on the top and thick on the sides and back. It is also very annoying that my hairline has stayed intact but my hair looks this bad

Seeing this everyday was just too much for me so in early October i decided to buy some finasteride. I got the package and started my regimen on November 1 and have been taking a fourth of a fincar tablet everyday since then. It now has been one month for me. also i use nizoral shampoo probably 3 to 4 times a week.

currently i have very minor sides as i have slight ball ache like once a week and the only other side is that i no longer wake up with morning wood which i feel is a plus because those things are annoying in the morning.

but since starting for the month i feel i have some minimal shedding and i hope for some maintaining results and also some regrowth close to what i use to have. i want to try and stay away from minoxidil a it would be too much of a hassle and just an embarrassment i feel. but here are some pictures i took today i have no baseline pics but they are basically the same as these pictures.

thanks for reading and insert any input you feel necessary.

i'll also be 21 in April[attachment=0:2kkfwjjb]DSCN2811.JPG[/attachment:2kkfwjjb]

Attachments

• n887110580_6402997_2180709.jpg
    n887110580_6402997_2180709.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 4,554
  • DSCN2809.JPG
    DSCN2809.JPG
    726 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN2810.JPG
    DSCN2810.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN2812.JPG
    DSCN2812.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN2813.JPG
    DSCN2813.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN2811.JPG
    DSCN2811.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 180
Reaction score
Re: 20, been on finasteride and nizoral for 1 month

also the pictures do not do my problem justice i feel my head looks alot worse than these pictures show

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 20, been on finasteride and nizoral for 1 month

i get what you mean by it not looking as bad as it is in real life.

but it's good that you caught it early, hopefully the propecia will help you maintain what you have and perhaps a little bit of regrowth. keep us updated about your progress and sides

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Bill Shakespeare's story - (been on finasteride and nizoral for 1 month)

hey man, you are on the right track. why not get an appointment with a dermatologist and get genuine propecia or proscar? sounds like the stuff you've got so far is legit, but you never know with those online pills.

i don't think you should add minoxidil foam yet. i think finasteride is all you need right now. but i'd try upping the dosage to a full 1mg/finasteride a day, which is the regular, recommended dosage.

in these pics your hair looks absolutely great, but i do see a bit of thinning in the crown area (very top of head). but that's about it.

you might check out some concealers, i recommend nanogen. it comes in a little bottle and you just sprinkle it on your head. the fibers statically cling to your hair, completely blend, looks totally natural and is great for covering up diffuse loss during those propecia sheds! i highly recommend.

good luck and keep us posted on your status!

nanogen fibers - http://www.amazon.com/Nanogen-Nanofibre ... 305&sr=8-1

Reaction score

ive been taking 1.25mg a day.

so do you guys think there will be any hope with just this regimin, i feel like im young and i caught it kinda early but you never know?

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

you did catch it early but you never know with these type of things. keep popping your pills and hope for the best. keep us updated, good or bad

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I tell this to all noobs - compare the density of the side/back of your head with the front and top. This is best accomplished when your hair is wet in the shower. Does the top feel even slightly thinner than the back? If it does, you are balding.

The reason the density test is important is it usually distinguishes a mature hairline from balding. I have a receding hairline too that most people here say isn't balding (based on deceiving pictures), but when I compare the density of the front and top with the sides and back it becomes obvious that I am losing hair. If it was a mature hairline, there would only be slight loss in the temples and none anywhere else.

Also, upload better pictures.

qball

Reaction score
Re: Bill Shakespeare's Story - (been on finasteride and nizoral for 1 month)

I agree with the above poster about comparing the sides/back with the top when wet. Anyhow, keep on the finasteride for a year minimally. I am on the same regimen. I started finasteride(cipla finpecia) 3 months ago and use 1% nizoral every morning after a prerinse with polysorbate 80. I then shower at night as well with a polysorbate/mild shampoo combination. My hair has definitely thickened up. I don't know if it is superficial cosmetic effects, or something more, but I will continue this regimen until something new comes out. Good luck to you!

Reaction score

Thanks for the input guys, i guess im just gunna have to let time be the judge of everything and hopefully my hair can look close to normal. i also forgot to mention i take 5000 micrograms of biotin with my finasteride everyday so hopefully that will give my hair a little bit more strength. and even if i dont have any regrowth do you guys think i will maintain what i have with the pill cause i want to keep untill HM comes out. i sometimes feel lucky that im only 20 and they say the HM could be in 3 to 5 years, so i can still be in my 20's and get some hair back but then again 5 or 10 years ago people probably sid the same exact thing im saying. thanks guys again

90kids

Reaction score

STOP TAKING PROPECIA, i am not against propecia, i take it myself but i see something odd in your pictures.
1. you have red spots on top of your head,i dont know what it is, best to get that checked out.
2.your hairline is still solid
it's more visible in the second pic u posted, If you set your laptop brightness all the way up, clear as day.
Get it checked out bro.
poc.jpg

i don't think this is normal, i have male pattern baldness and dont have it.

Reaction score

nah bro ever since my late teens ive had scalp acne, so to me having acne on my scalp is pretty normal unless you guys think it a cause for something worse like maybe some weird problem that's causing my thinning

Reaction score

So a little update,

my hair is pretty much the same since baseline the only difference i would say is that my left temple seems to be receding alittle more than my right,

my question to you guys is that have you heard about nebody who sheds their hairline on finasteride and nizoral and it comes back?

i will admit that my hair does feel healthier to the touch and sides are not a problem fro me at all havent been feeling really much of anything except for the very slight ball ache

hope for the best and i will post pics when i hit the 2 month mark

Reaction score

any thoughts?

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks good to me in your pics. If it's staying the same, I'd say that's great. Nothing abnormal looking about it.

You and I actually seem to have a similar problem, although I have some more patchy spots. Does your hair look good long? I have thin hair too and can't wear it long because of it.

I'm thinking about starting finasteride soon. Around the crown you and I seem to have a little area where the scalp is brighter. I've always had a bit of that, but it seems magnified now. Has your hair always been like that?

SmileBam

Reaction score

The hair looks decent,i think your goal must be maintainance,because it is a gradual hair loss,starting from the temples.Good luck,i've been starting with finasteride a month ago to.

Reaction score

before the gradual thinning of my hair it use to look pretty decent long and i would say this time last year my crown did not look like that at all i actually had nice filled in crown with zero signs of male pattern baldness.

i used to be able and style my hair pretty well i would say almost cristiano ronaldo like but now if i put in the pomade i used when my hair was good on my head and try to style u can see right through to my scalp very easily.

thanks again guys

Reaction score
Re: Bill Shakespeare's Story - 2 month update

well its been 2 months on finasteride and nizoral and i can say finasteride has definitely stopped any shedding on my head. there are virtually no sides maybe a sore ball or two like once a week. the only quarrel i have with this stuff is that i feel like im losing my hairline especially on my left temple region. im still hoping for some regrowth but i know i got a long road ahead of me. but let me know what u think of the new pics and don't mind the red dots, Ive had acne on my scalp ever since i started getting acne on my face because of puberty.
thanks again guys.

p.s. 1.25mg of finasteride every day, sometimes ill miss a day but im taking 1.25 at a time so i dont mind and i use nizoral 3 to 4 times a week. also my hair is at about a 1 on the clippers if i let my hair grow out for more than like 3 weeks it looks like absolute sh*t. still have the monk look on my head which makes me real self conscious.

Attachments

• DSCN2965.JPG
    DSCN2965.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN2967.JPG
    DSCN2967.JPG
    580.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN2973.JPG
    DSCN2973.JPG
    523.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN2966.JPG
    DSCN2966.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN2971.JPG
    DSCN2971.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN2970.JPG
    DSCN2970.JPG
    422.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN2968.JPG
    DSCN2968.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 179

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Bill Shakespeare's Story - 2 month finasteride and nizoral update!!

I know how it feels bro. Mine is an exact mirror image of yours. I need to buzz it to level 2 top and 1 sides every 3 weeks else it looks like sh*t.

When I'm buzzed no one can tell I got hair loss. I did this for a year but now my left temple is catching up with hair loss (i used to comb left to right when I had heaps of hair and these may have weakened over time).

Am only on finasteride for the past year but am going to start RU next week especially for my left temple...

Reaction score

so youve been on finasteride for one year and your hair still looks like mine? what did your hair look like before and how has your hair changed since using finasteride.

i know im only on month 2 but im hoping for some improvements within the next several months.

Reaction score

so a early update, still continuing to use finasteride and nizoral with no visible improvements but i cant really tell if its getting worse either.

just started a new semester of college and this hair thing is always on my mind and definitely keeps me a little down and gives me less confidence when it comes to girls. even had a friend say dude r u balding. damn. im still hoping i caught this problem early enough but when i look closely at my hair i just vision no success and wonder why i bother to try nething.

hoping for the best and good luck to everyone else in the fight