Bobby88 Story (23 years old)

Bobby88

Reaction score
oldmpber said:
Your hair looks very much like mine did when I was younger. Even your swirl is on the right side like mine was. You are doing the right thing by taking pictures and keeping an eye on things. The good news is if you do start losing your hair, it is so thick you will be able to conceal it for many-many years. Oh and don't underestimate minoxidil as it has keep me alive for years, though it can't stop male pattern baldness forever . And you will still want hair at 40...I am still trying to hang on though its getting harder to do here lately....

Thank you for your answer. It's very helpfull

When you say "so sick", i don't really agree with you. When my hairs are dirty (end of the day ; i use shampoo every day), we can see my scalp. I have very thin hairs thin i'm a child and low density. Was it the same for you ?

Do yo think it's male pattern baldness ? or it's normal ?

I still have dirty hairs, so i'm afraid to use minoxidil .. You use it since a long time?

I just saw your pictures. How was it between you 20's and the age of 35.5 ?

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Bobby88 said:
oldmpber said:
Your hair looks very much like mine did when I was younger. Even your swirl is on the right side like mine was. You are doing the right thing by taking pictures and keeping an eye on things. The good news is if you do start losing your hair, it is so thick you will be able to conceal it for many-many years. Oh and don't underestimate minoxidil as it has keep me alive for years, though it can't stop male pattern baldness forever . And you will still want hair at 40...I am still trying to hang on though its getting harder to do here lately....

Thank you for your answer. It's very helpfull

When you say "so sick", i don't really agree with you. When my hairs are dirty (end of the day ; i use shampoo every day), we can see my scalp. I have very thin hairs thin i'm a child and low density. Was it the same for you ?

Do yo think it's male pattern baldness ? or it's normal ?

I still have dirty hairs, so i'm afraid to use minoxidil .. You use it since a long time?

I just saw your pictures. How was it between you 20's and the age of 35.5 ?

Ok first yes you are half right. Your hair is fine but you have a lot of it. People with course hair actually have less of it. Fine hair is harder to stay in place but I can tell you have alot of it. Yes mine was just like yours. And what you think is dirt is really oil and yes I had that too, even before male pattern baldness. The oil makes your hair clump together and make it appear thin. You just have to make sure you wash it every day to get the oil out

Your first pics do not look like male pattern baldness but your others look like it might be starting in the back. I say that because as weird as this sounds, I remember mine looking like that maybe a year before I knew I had male pattern baldness. I felt a horizon line of thinning but had no idea what it was. You saw my pics the early ones I had that sideways oval shape when it was first starting. That looks like what you might have on the way. But again I could be wrong.

Yes I have used minoxidil for 15-16 years. It had become generic so it was cheap and easy to get. I used it at first strictly to try and recover my teenage hairline.
And yes the minoxidil will make it look like you have "dirty hairs" so the trick is to only use it at night. Once a day has worked for me but I am told the foam works good in the daytime.

My male pattern baldness has come in 2 basic stages. The first was my hairline which started right at 17. But it was only at the left temple and it took till about age 26 to slowly move up to my forehead and back over to my right temple. From 26 it just stopped and I had no more issues till I was pushing 36. And it came on pretty fast in the back - that is why I am telling you to keep on eye things back there by taking pictures every 3 months or so. I have all those pictures because someone on anther web board told me to do it so I would have a record of what was happening to me. male pattern baldness is usually very gradual and pictures are the only way to know for sure what is happening over time. If you do see something going on with your pics, don't procrastinate about doing something because mine grew pretty fast and I never could get all of it back.

Good luck!

Bobby88

Reaction score
oldmpber said:
Ok first yes you are half right. Your hair is fine but you have a lot of it. People with course hair actually have less of it. Fine hair is harder to stay in place but I can tell you have alot of it. Yes mine was just like yours. And what you think is dirt is really oil and yes I had that too, even before male pattern baldness. The oil makes your hair clump together and make it appear thin. You just have to make sure you wash it every day to get the oil out

Your first pics do not look like male pattern baldness but your others look like it might be starting in the back. I say that because as weird as this sounds, I remember mine looking like that maybe a year before I knew I had male pattern baldness. I felt a horizon line of thinning but had no idea what it was. You saw my pics the early ones I had that sideways oval shape when it was first starting. That looks like what you might have on the way. But again I could be wrong.

Yes I have used minoxidil for 15-16 years. It had become generic so it was cheap and easy to get. I used it at first strictly to try and recover my teenage hairline.
And yes the minoxidil will make it look like you have "dirty hairs" so the trick is to only use it at night. Once a day has worked for me but I am told the foam works good in the daytime.

My male pattern baldness has come in 2 basic stages. The first was my hairline which started right at 17. But it was only at the left temple and it took till about age 26 to slowly move up to my forehead and back over to my right temple. From 26 it just stopped and I had no more issues till I was pushing 36. And it came on pretty fast in the back - that is why I am telling you to keep on eye things back there by taking pictures every 3 months or so. I have all those pictures because someone on anther web board told me to do it so I would have a record of what was happening to me. male pattern baldness is usually very gradual and pictures are the only way to know for sure what is happening over time. If you do see something going on with your pics, don't procrastinate about doing something because mine grew pretty fast and I never could get all of it back.

Good luck!

Ok, so your vertex was the same at 20 and 36 ?

Your hairloss began at 36, mine at 23 .. it's not exactly the same :(

I'm always thinking about it. I'm so afraid of my future... it's horrible.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Bobby88 said:
oldmpber said:

Good luck!

Ok, so your vertex was the same at 20 and 36 ?

Your hairloss began at 36, mine at 23 .. it's not exactly the same :(

I'm always thinking about it. I'm so afraid of my future... it's horrible.

Hairline starting going back in teens and 20's. Vertex not until 35-36 . You just started in the back instead of the front . I still had to deal with it at an early age so I know how embarrassing/dreadful it can be.

You will be ok as long as you take action and do not let it spread. It is harder to get it back once it is gone. I could not get back some of my hair that was gone for only 2 years. So if you do see it starting in your pictures , start on at least minoxidil right away. As long as you do that, you will be ok .

You are stressing out because you are young. I see that a lot from the younger guys on this board. All I can tell you is hang on as when you get older, you will still care but it will not bother you nearly as much.

Bobby88

Reaction score
In fact, my situation is complicated.

I don't really know if it started or not ..

Maybe, male pattern baldness doesn't start yet, it's just that i have thin and oily hairs .. or not ..

But i don't want to start minoxidil etc until it's not definitively confirmed. I think a will continue to take pictures and maybe start to use products (exept propecia) in the future

Thank you very much oldmpber

110vce8.jpg

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Bobby88 said:
In fact, my situation is complicated.

I don't really know if it started or not ..

Maybe, male pattern baldness doesn't start yet, it's just that i have thin and oily hairs .. or not ..

But i don't want to start minoxidil etc until it's not definitively confirmed. I think a will continue to take pictures and maybe start to use products (exept propecia) in the future

Thank you very much oldmpber

110vce8.jpg

Just keep taking pics so you can keep an eye on things and you should be fine. Good luck!

Bobby88

Reaction score
I'm now 25 years old !

I have still very thin hairs. I wash my hairs every day. If not, they are dirty and we can see my scalp (not only in the vertex). My scalp is often itchy, maybe because i watch my hairs every day ?

I'm still taking no product ...

What do you think ?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 175
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 202
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 195

man-maniak

Reaction score
I think that at 25 people should be a little bit more serious and stop bothering others about their silly thoughts of getting bald.