Brand Drugs vs Generic Drugs.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
What is this......., it seems even the DRs do not know if Generic drugs are OK or not, then whom shall we ask !!!!

I've read this question on another site:

Doug asked: " My first question concerns generic propecia. I understand that 1mg of finasteride is 1mg of finasteride, but should i trust some of the generic brands that sell on the internet for a fraction of the cost, or should i go for the real thing? .........................................

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: "

Can't say about generic finasteride. ............................

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t. I just started using generic proscar (Finasterida) after some people on here vouched for it from one of the online pharmacy places. Anyone have an opinion on this?

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear supernova,

read the reply (posted sep 05) which I've received from The Generic Pharmaceutical Association (http://www.gphaonline.org).

P.S., I've thought of using Generic drugs, but until now no one convinced me to do so, and after all its our health that we are risking here......, IMHO you don't want something that is not FDA approved.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you just single handedly caused everyone on finapecia or fincar to freak out and probably lose their placebo effect/boost. Now they all have to order proscar or propecia. Perhaps for the best. Perhaps inconsequential.

Molecular Help

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
To the Site Admin.

Maybe the Site Admin can help us in this issue by writing a full article about the Generic drugs, since he has many contacts.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia ingredients

I did my final research on Propecia and I found out that the inactive ingredients might play a major rule in stomach problems for the long term.

Proscor wasn't designed for long-term usage (i.e., life-time) and Finpecia from the Internet search it seems no one knows what Inactive ingredients it contains.

Those ingredients would stick to your stomach surface for your life-time (as long as you use Propecia), and God knows what are the side effects from it, and I think Merck Co. took that into consideration when they designed the Propecia pill (that what might explains the high price).

Propecia Ingredients:-
Active ingredient:
* finasteride 1 mg per tablet

Inactive ingredients:
* lactose
* microcrystalline cellulose
* pregelatinised maize starch
* sodium starch glycollate
* docusate sodium
* magnesium stearate
* hypromellose
* hydroxypropylcellulose
* titanium dioxide
* talc purified
* iron oxide yellow CI77492
* iron oxide red CI77491

PROPECIA does not contain gluten, sucrose, tartrazine or any other azo dyes.
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/p/propecia.htm

GeminiX

Reaction score
For me it's fairly simple.

If I have any doubt whatsoever about the food/drink/pill etc. it does not get inside my body.

Darren