Bright_Side's Story - ( 21 with PICTURES) 9 month update

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score
Hey guys! First off, I wanted to thank all of you for giving me a place to come and learn more about hair loss. It has given me hope, answered many questions, helped me avert many a scam, and has also helped me come to terms with the fact that one day it just might happen, and if it does, well then, I'm still alive aren't I? So life is still good. There is so much more to live for than this. But in the meantime why not worry a little bit while I'm young. I'm 21 years old and have noticed thinning in the crown. I first noticed it about 2 and a half years ago. I'm on Min. (since May 15, 2008) and nizoral. (since September 18, 2008) and am looking into getting on finasteride.
Let me know if you see any improvement, or think I have at least maintained, or even if you think I lost ground.
I'm open for comments. You guys have been a great help. Let me know. And enjoy your lives. Hair is one thing, life is another.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

-Bright Side

May 15, 2008
May152008ish-1.jpg

July 11, (ish) 2008
July11th2008-1.jpg

July 22, 2008
July222008-1.jpg

September 21, 2008 [low light]
September21copy-1.jpg

October 4, 2008 (4.5 months on min.)
October42008-1.jpg

February 8, 2009
9 Months
No Flash
IMG_3808copy-1.jpg

Flash
IMG_3810copy-1.jpg

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Story_age 21 (pictures)

Hey man welcome to the forum. It definitely looks like it thickened up in a short time, which is great. I would definitely recommend getting on finasteride asap only b/c minoxidil does not inhibit DHT even though it looks like you're a minoxidil responder finasteride definitely is the way to go so that way you have all of the big 3. Good luck and keep us updated.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Story_age 21 (pictures)

Hey mate looking good bro caught it nice and early and you are calm about everything this is good. To me although lighting is different in pictures it looks like thickening has happened, congrats.

I will recommend getting onto finasteride ASAP at low dose .25mg per day and see how you go!

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score
Re: Bright_Side_of_Life's story - (age 21 (pictures)

Awesome, Thanks for the responses guys!

So what vitamins and whatnot would be good to get on?
I've heard of MSM for hair strength, am I right?
But what do the likes of Fish Oil, or Omega 3,
or whatever else there is do?

Just looking for a little more information beyond what I have.

Thanks.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score

Bright_Side_of_Life said:
Awesome, Thanks for the responses guys!

So what vitamins and whatnot would be good to get on?
I've heard of MSM for hair strength, am I right?
But what do the likes of Fish Oil, or Omega 3,
or whatever else there is do?

Just looking for a little more information beyond what I have.

Thanks.

These substances are good for hair quality, texture....it doesn't improve the thickness.
You should have started with finasteride instead of minoxidil since it's far more easier to take one pill a day then putting this crap 2x a day...and if finasteride alone won't help much, you just add minoxidil.

Anyway, yes you have an improvement and probably will get better once you start with finasteride. More important thing for you and everybody here is NOT to let your self get addicted and frustrated about the hairloss. The best cure is to get over it, but if the medics help you to get you some more time until you get more mature...then great.
Like you said...enjoy life!

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Thanks Dario. I understand that the vitamins are just for hair health, but I figured healthy hair may be stronger and longer living hair too.

Also as to what I'm doing/taking, I should probably go more in depth about that:

I'm on saw palmetto 2x per day
Min. 1x time just before bed (not bad/not really a pain at all) just like brushing teeth.
nizoral. Every other day

The end.

And yes, to Dario and others, enjoy life! This is just a speedbump. Don't let it affect you all too much. Or really at all for that matter. Its okay to worry about something or want to try your options at fixing it. Its another to let it destroy you. Keep your heads up.

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Quick update:

Started Biotin just for overall hair health for existing hairs (who knows if it'll do anything, but I found it for cheap)

I plan to get on finasteride, but have not yet gone to get a prescription.

Do you think I should get on finasteride asap? Or wait until 6 months of taking min/saw palmetto is complete in November.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

hey brightside,
hows the saw palmetto workin out for you? any new updates?

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Hey man,
Saw Palmetto is working out well. I have definitely seen an improvement, granted that could and probably is mostly due to the minoxidil. But I figure at 7 bucks for 2 bottles of saw palmetto is isn't hurting. Its quick its easy, so why not.

As for updates, I'll post some pictures soon. I have been über busy the past couple of weeks.

I know I should probably get on finasteride...

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Congratulations my friend, that's definately more regrowth in less time than many of the people under the same regimen get! You could definately get away with introducing yourself in the "success stories" forum. Keep it up and you could very forseeably get close to full regrowth.

-DH

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Woah, well thank you! I don't know if I would call it a complete success just yet.

I don't really know if it has changed much since the last pictures updates,
but I am hopeful! Oh and I am currently 6 days away from the 6 month mark on minoxidil.

Picture updates on first page.

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Added Natures Gate Tea Tree Conditioner about a month ago. It is amazing.
It has really helped out my hair texture, quality, and scalp.

I also used the American Crew version for about a month prior which was also amazing. However, I now prefer Natures Gate...and its more affordable.

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

7 month update.
Still not on finasteride yet.

IMG_2182-1.jpg

w/o flash

IMG_2190-1.jpg

Feedback is nice.

Enjoy Life.

amsch

Reaction score

Great results!
You're on liquid minoxidil, right?

Bright_Side_of_Life said:
Enjoy Life.
I'm sure you would not say that without those results. :(

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score

Hmm, should say or put your regiment in your sig. easier than digging for it =)

Well, your regiment is the one I want to try; almost exactly. Except maybe twice a day mino... but Saw palm, nizoral, mino (liquid you use? 5% or what str?) and that Green Tea Cond. And fish oils.

Anyways, I judge the new pics with the flash. As light is what we thinners fear most right? =) I'd like to see more of the front of your hair like your first few pics you posted. (not just from the back/crow high angle) Anyways, from that definitely notice it slowly coming through for ya! Pretty good.

Bright_Side_of_Life

Reaction score

Deus_Ex_Lemur said:
Hmm, should say or put your regiment in your sig. easier than digging for it =)

Well, your regiment is the one I want to try; almost exactly. Except maybe twice a day mino... but Saw palm, nizoral, mino (liquid you use? 5% or what str?) and that Green Tea Cond. And fish oils.

Anyways, I judge the new pics with the flash. As light is what we thinners fear most right? =) I'd like to see more of the front of your hair like your first few pics you posted. (not just from the back/crow high angle) Anyways, from that definitely notice it slowly coming through for ya! Pretty good.

Hey man. Apologies on the digging.
Regimen is:
Liquid minoxidil 5% 1x a day.
Morning: 1 (300mcg) Biotin, 1 (450mg) Saw Palmetto
Nizoral Shampoo (every other day)
Tea Tree Conditioner (Natures Gate) (every day)
Evening: 2 Saw Palmetto (450mg)

I'll try to get some more pics up asap.

amsch said:
Great results!
You're on liquid minoxidil, right?

Thanks amsch, yes liquid.

amsch said:
I'm sure you would not say that without those results. :(

I feel like I have always said "enjoy life" its something I believe in.
There are so many more things to be thankful for. Yes, having results
has helped me and has made it easier to be happy, but at the same time, we need
to come to terms with the fact that one day it just might happen anyway, and in that case,
simply enjoy life for all the other things we have.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score

Np thanks for your full regi! What brand of saw palmetto do you use?

Petchsky

Reaction score

Great results to say your not on finasteride Bright side, if i were you i'd stay off finasteride until you know you need it. Your doing well without it for now and nizoral has anti androgen properties so keep using that EOD