BrightonBaldy's Story - (26)

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm 26 and have experienced thinning of the hair around the front of my scalp and a little from the back over the past 18 months.

I dont have any pictures to show you but I think it goes without saying that most of you can picture the scene... sort of an arch shape across my temples.

I've been shaving my head for years, even before I started losing it, so there's been a bit less trauma in terms of having an identity crisis or change in image that I've been reading on here, though its still been hard. I've always shaved my head out of laziness, in my teens I'd spend loads of time messing around with different products and styles in the mornings, woke up one day and decided I was too old for all that rubbish and buzzed the lot off.

I liked how I looked with a clearly defined hairline and extremely short hair, but I dont like how it looks now, the hairs still very short but as I have blond hair the hairline is pretty much invisible with a light shining on it, some people are surprised they can feel hair on my head at all when they touch me.

In certain lights and angles you can clearly see (and I can feel) that there is still quite a low hairline and a hell of alot of hair. I'd be willing to grow what hair I have there if I thought I could get it to grow non-bumfluffy and rubbish.

If I could thicken it up a bit I'd feel better, even if it was just to the touch and not visible, my dad experienced the exact same thing at my age and also has similar weak/blond hair, he is 57 and only recently has started to see the thinner hair at the front of his head recede, every other male in the family has alot of hair so I've clearly taken his genes. I think if I can thicken it up a bit (there really is alot of hair there!) then I could handle losing it in 30 years :shakehead: Certainly if theres another option other than settling for having a low thin hairline that looks like theres nothign there at all, I'll try it.

I have to say right now that I know NOTHING about the products discussed on here, but every single one seems to have a side affect!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've read everything AGAIN :woot:

What should I be using in order to save and thicken the hair that I have?

Maybe try a bit of regrowth but thats less important.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
get on propecia to maintain ur hair and thicken and nizoral shampoo and u are solid man

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I couldve figured this out on my own now I've read it, thanks for the reply.

I guess now I've educated myself a bit, all I have to do is go and buy the stuff.

I'll try and get a couple of pics up, found the cable for my camera so we can see what needs done.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral is £8.99, how long would that last me if used 3 times a week?

Regaine 6 month supply is £78.25

both from boots, cant seem to find any finasteride, in any form :thumbdown2:

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
I would honestly use propecia at first for a year then maybe jump on rogaine if you need it. Do you have any pics?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, these posts get old real fast, but i've come to expect them by now. pages and pages of personal narrative, with no pics, asking "what can i do". answer is always finasteride, duh. i usually just skip these if they don't have pics.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they get old when a perfectly reasonable question such as 'where can I safely buy finasteride in the UK online' is responded to with aggro... if the answer was already posted on this website then I wouldnt have started a topic at all!

"asking "what can i do". answer is always finasteride, duh." - that was the original question, I got the duh answer, that wasnt why I posted again.

I'll see if I can email a pic from my phone to myself, showing you guys my thinning hair wont make it grow back any quicker, answering the question will, I fully intended to post up some pictures when I actually received some products for my head, for the usual before/after montage.

Arent we all in the same boat here?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry, i only read the first post, and didn't see where you asked about buying generics. all i saw was a "story". so i think my post was justified :)

anyway, the answer is inhouse pharmacy, but i'd strongly consider getting a prescription and buying the real thing, just for peace of mind.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Its cool, I have to admit when browsing I instinctively look at the posts with pictures first aswell, I didnt think I'd cause offense asking the above as I've noticed a handful of UK posters on here. Maybe posting the where to buy question wouldve been better suited to another forum?

Anyway, if anybody has looked at the link I posted last night, is there anything on there that I could use? I've had a look through the ingredients of all the products but havent noticed finasteride in any of them.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that may be my best option for now, its a minefield out there!

Anybody on here had problems with inhouse before though? Eventually I'll be looking for a long term source thats cheaper than prescription if I respond to it.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man, most people on here use inhouse pharmacy. i'm sure they'll fulfill your order (i.e. not scam you) but you can trust the drug is legit and in the correct dosage?

i've just seen too many threads on here like "i've been on finasteride for 9 months and only gotten worse" and what do they all have in common? they were all using generics like finpecia.

i'm not saying all the generics are bunk, but is it really worth taking the risk? if you straight up don't have the cash, that's one thing. but if it's just about saving a few bucks i'd try to get the real thing. a lot of guys get a prescription for proscar which is 5mg of finasteride per pill, then cut it into 4 pieces, much cheaper than propecia. but you need a "cool" dermatologist willing to prescribe it since it is only approved for treating an enlarged prostate.

good luck!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
No worries, like I say I'm a novice to all this and of course dont appreciate forum protocol yet !

I'll keep an eye out for a cool dermatologist, though if I can buy exactly the same product online for less (hassle more than money, aint seen a doctor since I was about 3) then I'll do that, its the world we live in sadly :punk: shortcuts

Dont think I would ever subject myself to cheap substitutes, if I could buy real Proscar at any price online I'd go do that, if it aint an option then thats cool, question answered.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Got some Rogaine and nizoral in the post today, finasteride should be en-route, sorry no pics yet. The phone on my camera is shite.

Man my hairloss is so much worse than I ever admitted to myself, but there is hope...

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
3 days in on minoxidil and ive noticed something Ive never seen before, when massaging it into my head there are very small (shaved head anyway) faint hairs on my fingers. Cant be shedding after 3 days, never heard of that before.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
Got some Rogaine and nizoral in the post today, finasteride should be en-route, sorry no pics yet. The phone on my camera is shite.

Man my hairloss is so much worse than I ever admitted to myself, but there is hope...

What finasteride have you ordered? There's a british doctor a few of us on here use who can supply Proscar. Give me a shout if you need any help. He'll just ask you a few questions to make sure everything is ok first.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar from inhouse being honest, of course its not ideal.

If you can PM me some details I'd appreciate it, the only GP I've spoken to wouldnt prescribe Proscar for obvious reasons, couldnt fault her on it. Even though male pattern baldness was making an impact on my life in her eyes, Proscar was not the right drug, regardless of economics.