Calling HairLossTalk.com's metrosexuals: Combatting wrinkles

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
get some retin - A , use everynight before you go to bed, wait 20 minutes after washing skin, before putting it on, so the the pores are closed, (to minimise irritation), apply everynight for six months, (it takes six months to work) then use it 2/3 times a week for maintenance and use a AHA 10% -15 % cream on the the other nights,

of course dont smoke, avoid the sun, always wear at least a spf 15

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Clinically proven claims are bullshit these days. It doesn't mean they are bad products right off the bat, but this claim is largely meaningless.

I highly, highly recommend going to skinbio.com and checking out their section on the use of copper peptides for skin rejuvenation. They work in stages and are designed to clear up complextion, aged skin, wrinkles, tighen up the skin, scars, etc...etc.

I've been using their facial treatments consisting of an exfoliating cream and Super CP serum for 2 months and am veeeeery impressed. Awesome stuff. People respond to different types of treatments differently so you may have to experiment. Read through his website w/testimonials, pics and how each type of treatment works and educate yourself before deciding what to do.

Cassin

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Clinically proven claims are bullshit these days. It doesn't mean they are bad products right off the bat, but this claim is largely meaningless.

Very true, sad.

ShedMaster said:
I've been using their facial treatments consisting of an exfoliating cream and Super CP serum for 2 months and am veeeeery impressed. Awesome stuff. People respond to different types of treatments differently so you may have to experiment. Read through his website w/testimonials, pics and how each type of treatment works and educate yourself before deciding what to do.

I will buy some, thank you.

lol...I am a woman...

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use do it yourself skin care.

http://www.skinactives.com KGF, EGF, SOD, GHK copper peptides, ascorbic acid and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate with ascorbyl palmitate coming soon, coconut endosperm with kinetin or just kinetin, green tea extract, the list goes on....Skin Actives also sell nice pre-mixed serums with which you get a lot of bang for your buck...their Collagen Building Serum is a good deal.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com They don't have the biotechnolgy prodcuts Skin Actives have, but they have a bigger product list, and their products are much cheaper. I like to use frmented sea kelp for a base, and their Seamollient is a great value.

Retin-A will exfoliate, reduce wrinkles by stimulating collagen production, and prevent them as an MMP-9 inhibitor. You can only get that from a pharmacy, though. Retin-A micro is much better than the original, the original is greasy and a pain to rub in.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FWIW, they sell tetrahydrocurcuminoids (white curcumin), which might help with your hair loss. Have you been reading all of the wonderful research by michael barry in the last couple of months?

leeds

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I use this stuff.

stri_vectin_01.jpg

Its the closest thing you can get to botox in liquid form. Its truelly amazing stuff and clinically proven (unlike many other face creams). It is by a country mile the BEST face cream on the market (just google its name if you dont believe me) Originally it was a medical cream used to decrease stretch marks and use on scars, but then people started using on their face with remarkable results! However its not cheap. If you can go on ebay you can pick up a tube for around $200 and should last you a few months. But its truelly a small price to pay to keep your face looking youthful.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Don't get me started on Strivectin. Such a scam.

Their ads say "Better than Botox?" Which you'll notice is a question, not a statement. You could ask that question about anything. "Doritos: better than Botox?" Yes, eating cheesy-flavored chips *is* much better than getting stabbed in the face with a needle. Sadly, Doritos will not help you look younger.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Cassin. Those amazon reviews have 5 stars! So im not quite sure where you got the awful review thing from. To get 5 stars on amazon.com is a damn fine effort in my opinion. The trouble is that half these morons that gave a bad review most likely had AWFUL skin to begin with and expected a miracle. Just like Propecia, Strivectin is far from a miracle product, however it truelly is an excellent face cream. In reality no face creams actually work, but the idea behind them is to keep moisture in the skin because dry skin = wrinkles. Just look at people that live in dry climates, opposed to those that live in humid climates, of the same age. I can assure you the people that live the humid enviroment have the better skin. Ive personally used this product and still do. What I like about compared to other face creams (and ive tried alot) is its absorbtion rate and your skin feels moist all day! I have no reason to promote this product, it wasnt even intended to be a face cream in the first place! I think it is over-rated slightly but its defintely the best face cream out of a bad bunch.

Cassin

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Cassin. Those amazon reviews have 5 stars! So im not quite sure where you got the awful review thing from. To get 5 stars on amazon.com is a damn fine effort in my opinion.
First link, 1 review.

Check out the second one.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use Dr. Proctors Spin Trap C serum in the morning before applying SPF15 moisturiser.

In the evening I use Retin A cream every second day (make sure you get the prescription version as OTC creams DO NOT contain the same active ingredient).

Now and again botox and IPL treatments for the face.

Very little else has been PROVEN to have any value although that is not to say other things don't work but a good sunscreen, retin A and botox should be your big three in terms of wrinkle reduction and try other things as ad ons if you find they have benefit for you.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I wouldn't use what women use because of the fact that women tend to fly off the handle and use the emotional, overhyped reaction to products rather then using science and facts to determine success or not. Thats why I recommend Skinbio as a great starting point if this is up your alley. I think they are very good.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Whilst channel-surfing recently, QVC was doing a day of "Wei-East" products. One of the Wei East products was especially designed to combat wrinkles. They had 2 week before and after pictures - and if you could believe them - they showed a noticable wrinkle reduction in this one old broad.

Just sharing.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Forget most of the products sold for wrinkles. All our skin needs are pretty much the same whether it's the fragile lower eyelids or the sunburned & calloused side of your forearm.

You can fight wrinkles with a good diet, drinking lotsa water, no smoking, LOW sun exposure over the long term, and some moisturizer. After that it's basically genetics.

Too bad androgenic hair loss isn't so controllable with decent living habits.