Cardiovascular toxicity with topical minoxidil

lwgable

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used topical minoxidil 5% for three weeks and experienced negative side effects to my cardiovascular system: rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, elevated blood pressure, fatigue, and esophageal reflux (I think related to unpredictable blood flow to my diaphragm). Once I recognized minoxidil was the source of these problems, I quit cold turkey and have been off the drug for five weeks now. The rebound to my previous level of fitness (jogging about a mile 5x per week) is taking longer than I had hoped. Has anyone else experienced or heard of effects like these? It surprises me that my doctor would recommend the drug without mentioning these risks, and that I could get it over the counter. Thanks for any responses.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used topical minoxidil 5% for three weeks and experienced negative side effects to my cardiovascular system: rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, elevated blood pressure, fatigue, and esophageal reflux (I think related to unpredictable blood flow to my diaphragm). Once I recognized minoxidil was the source of these problems, I quit cold turkey and have been off the drug for five weeks now. The rebound to my previous level of fitness (jogging about a mile 5x per week) is taking longer than I had hoped. Has anyone else experienced or heard of effects like these? It surprises me that my doctor would recommend the drug without mentioning these risks, and that I could get it over the counter. Thanks for any responses.
That is normal. Minoxidil was created to control blood pressure and it have been forbidden for this purpose because side effects. It is very bad for heart health. It increase the size of the left ventricle. When I stopped, my left ventricle recover the normal size