Changing time of day to take Finasteride?

coconuts12

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm changing the time of day to take finasteride, and was wondering if this might be a problem, like it might take a while to re adjust to the medication, causing a shed

I was taking it around noon for about a year, and now started taking it at night, 10pm.

dorombl

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know but I have a similar question. I'm taking finasteride at 10pm every day, but what if I'm going to a party, and drink alcohol? I think I should take it in the morning on this days. Is it ok? And in summer I always have a one week holiday with my friends, and we drink all day, all night. :D Not so much, a few beers on the beach, and then in the evening a little more before the party. So when should I take it then? Is it a problem to drink alcohol with finasteride at all? Thanks.

R2D2

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know but I have a similar question. I'm taking finasteride at 10pm every day, but what if I'm going to a party, and drink alcohol? I think I should take it in the morning on this days. Is it ok? And in summer I always have a one week holiday with my friends, and we drink all day, all night. :D Not so much, a few beers on the beach, and then in the evening a little more before the party. So when should I take it then? Is it a problem to drink alcohol with finasteride at all? Thanks.

My non professional opinion would be that changing the time of day should have little effect and reasonable alcohol should not be
a problem at all.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading that alcohol may affect the effectiveness of finasteride, I decided to change from nights to mornings. I began by taking the pill a few hours early for a couple days.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I drink like 2 weekends every month, and have always taken finasteride at night (even when sloshed I remember to take it lol). This has had no detrimental effect for me.