ClarkLewis690's Story (Balding at 19 yrs old)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
??? said:
BodyDysmorphic said:
fo shoooooow

it could just be an mature hairline

who knows and who can actually diagnose things
with only pictures

only you know whats actually going on
with your hair

if you think your losing it

you probably are

??? your a joke

seriously
you know why

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
if you think your losing it

you probably are

Not necessarily, there are people who get it stuck in their mind that they are losing it and trick themselves into believing it, i think your user name sums up that condition pretty well but I do think he should keep a really close eye on it, best to go to a derm perhaps and get a diagnosis first before jumping on meds.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like a mature hairline, visit a derm to take a better diagnosis and if he tells you that it's male pattern baldness, start finasteride. It's all you need at this point.

cuebald

Reaction score
wtf?

No evidence of any thinning whatsoever.
This dude is yet another young guy with a mature hairline. It happens to practically everyone from age 18 - 25.

This guy using male pattern baldness treatments is like Natalie Portman using weight loss drugs.
Pointless.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
wtf?

No evidence of any thinning whatsoever.
This dude is yet another young guy with a mature hairline. It happens to practically everyone from age 18 - 25.

This guy using male pattern baldness treatments is like Natalie Portman using weight loss drugs.
Pointless.

You dont know if that is a mature hairline or not, the only way to know for sure is to go to a derm. You cannot tell from the pics if his temples will continue to creep back or not. :thumbdown2:

clarklewis690

Reaction score
Man, it's hard for me to find a time to go to the derm. I attend college during the day, and work at night. Almost every day. And usually when I'm free, I have something going on. I'll update what the derm says once I go in, I'm really trying to make an appt, but apparently they are very busy.

rcom440

Reaction score
astros148 said:
oh give me a break, his hair looks fine. i know many people with that type of hairline at age 19 and there 25 and still look like that

I totally agree with you!!! He just has a mature hairline.

ClarkLewis690: No not go on Propecia or minoxidil. You just have a mature hairline and don't worry I don't see any hair loss judging from your pictures.
You can try Nizoral shampoo, you can buy it from Walgreens or CVS and use it 3 times a week with conditioner.
DON't WORRY YOU WILL BE FINE!

tuncberkay

Reaction score
i think he just have a mature hairline and dats it.he might have more hair then all af us in this forum:)

clarklewis690

Reaction score
hey guys, quick update 3 months later. so the derm i went to was pretty much a joke and i got more info here then i did with him. im planning on going to a different, and better, one to get a better understanding of where im at. here is a quick picture for your guys judgement. judging on the pics i last posted, i guess this one is 5 months after the last one. lemme know what you guys think! thanks again, appreciate the help. =]

Attachments

• IMG_4757.JPG
    IMG_4757.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 170

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are either a Norwood 1.5 or a Norwood 2 with extremely thick head of hair.Hair seems really thick overall and you haven't yet developed that classic M shaped pattern in front.The corners of your temples are receded a bit though.My hairline looked a lot like this when I was like 14 or 15....Now it has reduced in thickness as well as receded further.If I were you I would focus on staying healthy[keeping your scalp clean,eating enough nutrients and exercising regularly] and I would take pics once every couple of months just to make sure your hairline isn't deteriorating any further.

cernimoz

Reaction score
I went do derm too and paid 70€ just for looking at my head and perscription for minoxidil (??? I don't wan to use it before trying with finasteride) when I will need it. Diagnose: alopecia andogenica incipiens :/

Okay, now one advice:

DHT which causes hair loss is produced from "excess" testosterone. You can try to lower your testosterone levels by being overtrained. You can do that by doing endurance sports like running, cycling, MTB, hiking, alpinism for 2 hours on working days and 3 to 4 hours on week-ends. Average heart rate on training should be above 140. One day in week you should rest. But DON'T go to fitness like bodybuilders do, because that will raise your testosterone levels.
http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/overt-test.htm

If you will try that, don't start with 20h of training per week. Start with 9 and after 6 months you can be at 16 - 22h. You can find some marathons or other races and prepare to compete.

sorry for bad english :p