COMPLETELY misdiagnosed my male pattern baldness, but is there hope anyway?

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice hair, don't really see signs of male pattern baldness, anyways even if scalp sensitivity to DHT exists it should be supressed by the finasteride so keep it up!

People say I don't have any recession as well but I do feel it and it's definitely gotten worse. I'm only 18 but I jumped to dutasteride 1 week ago.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice hair, don't really see signs of male pattern baldness, anyways even if scalp sensitivity to DHT exists it should be supressed by the finasteride so keep it up!

People say I don't have any recession as well but I do feel it and it's definitely gotten worse. I'm only 18 but I jumped to dutasteride 1 week ago.

Yeah, thanks. I do feel that there is some DHT sensitivity. I say this because throughout 2014 I was shedding like there was a tornado on my head, and now, 4 months into finasteride, maybe 1 out of 5 showers I'll find a small little hair on my hand when I shampoo (no hair on pillow, no hair on comb, no hair anywhere else). To me that is proof positive.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no visible reason for you to be on either Minoxidil or Finasteride.

I agree on the minoxidil. finasteride I'm way too scared to let go of.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
attachment.php
attachment.php

giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

But on a serious note. Nice hair. If you are losing it then do what you must to keep it.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after 6 months I've decided to leave the board for good. I appreciate all of your help and advice throughout the time I've been here. I've come to the conclusion that I either never had hair loss at all, or I've completely stopped it with finasteride. I no longer shed and my hair is as thick as ever. I won't stop using finasteride though, because it definitely stopped all my shedding.

With that, I wish you all the best in life.ed1.jpged.jpgPhoto on 2015-05-20 at 21.22.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
This thread was an excellent example of BDD to the max.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You're definately balding... early on though... I had the same hair pattern as you thin sides normal density on top from 19-21 and then once I hit 22 my v shaped hairline started thinning right at the tip of my hairline... hair thinning out in the back now too.. if you're gonna go through with takin finasteride and minoxidil why wouldn't u start now? This is the best you're hair will ever be if you don't start meds and that's the truth

shookwun

Reaction score
BBD-Metro-twink of peace LOL ..Jeez christ.

Low hairline, strong temple points, thick hair.

Many would kill for hair like this.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Another HairLossTalk.com success story. I enjoyed watching your progress over the past six months.

af3816b61fe40e68b5a52f4196d7411e.jpg