Concoction input needed/welcomed/requested

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Good luck Jacob!

Btw, the marula oil is good stuff IMHO. It really isn't as greasy as most oils. Made a cream with a bunch of stuff in it and it works very well as a base oil. I have to tweak it a little though to make it cosmetically acceptable. I think I need to use a little less of it next time. I was at about 1/3, next batch I'll try 1/4 of the concoction volume.

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks 8)

I only need to use a little bit of the Marula oil in the FNS to notice the difference. Good to see it's working for you as well...I was wondering if it'd work for anything else besides my little concoction.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Jacob: I assume your FNS is a liquid solution? If so, can you estimate the amount of marula oil you use percentage wise? Thanks for any info.

Jacob

Reaction score
It's more like a lotion. If it were liquid I probably wouldn't need the Marula oil(if they ever come out with the nanosome or whatever version..I for sure shouldn't need the oil).

What I do is take the Marula oil bottle...put the palm of my hand on the opening...flip it upside down for a quick second...flip it right side up again- the amount on my hand is what I use. I then put 3 pumps of FNS on it and mix it up. Percentage? 10 maybe?

I used to have to use 4 pumps to cover everything. The Marula oil helps to spread it around easier..and then of course it seems to help with absorption.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I see, you put a dab on your palm separately from the FNS and mix them all in at the time of application. Thanks for the info.

Jacob, you've been a member at the various hairsites for a LONG time now. Do you mind me asking you how your male pattern baldness is doing?

Jacob

Reaction score
Not as long as some :lol:

To make it short...I've been able to maintain and even thicken up where I had that diffuse thinning going on..plus a little regrowth in the "slick" areas.

I could still use some help on the receded areas(especially the left side) and even the crown ..but I'm pretty sure I'd be worse off if I hadn't done anything.

Now if I could just limit myself to 2 topicals max......which is my goal for next spring(when my current topicals should run out). I could use some help :lol:

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Jacob: Are you averse to using a little dutasteride. topically?

I know you've stayed away from the "synthetics", any way you could make an exception to a little topical dutasteride.?

I make this suggestion because you have tried and read about as many things to use as anyone out there IMHO. I can't suggest anything "non-synthetic" that you haven't tried or read about.

You say you need "help" (maybe jokingly) but I'm not knowledgable enough to help you.

Jacob

Reaction score
I might use it if everyone using it was saying it was doing wonders...since it is topically.

One thing I'd like to add back in a topical is the Laminaria...or possible the extract from it- fucoidan.

Jacob

Reaction score
My custom one..tweaked a little..and then NanoScalp for the daytime.

I guess I could do a rotation with the custom and Equisomin(which I'd like to stay on). That would still keep it to two topicals per day.

I may still use FNS once a week or so- if I remember correctly that's what they recommend after a period of time anyway. Twice a week I think they say. Same for ZormaZor. Oh crap.

Strange Days

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Jacob,

I think I'd do :

apple peel extract, grape seed extract, barley extract, curcumin extract, tocopherol, arginine, beta sitosterol, and perhaps blueberry extract.

Id boil all these at 120 degrees in distilled water or actually use one of the fruits above instead of the extract for my "natural water". After it cooled off, I'd add some alcohol and propylend glycol (about a fourth of the total volume of fluid) and shake well. Apply liberally.

If I wanted to make a GSE/curcumin topical, what actual quantities do I need for, say, a couple of months' worth?

Years ago I made Waseda's Morehairin, which called for 10-15g of GSE (amongst other ingredients) in 420ml of alcohol/water/wine.

So how much curcumin/liquid do I need relative to 10g of GSE? You also mention using fruit juice instead of water. I was thinking apple juice (natural 100% pressed), would that work?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer.