Constantine's Story-(2 mo UPDATE on page 4---September 14th)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Constantine's Story

your crown looks solid imo

and it's normal to see some scalp if your hair is spiked up
or has some gel/product in it

only you can know for sure as pictures tend to not be great examples of actual hairloss

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Constantine said:
i wish it were zero, like you say it is. but it's not...my scalp is visible in bright light and it's driving me crazy!

You have a fine hair, thats all , no male pattern baldness here - sorry, get over it. :shakehead:

Constantine

Reaction score

i hope you're right, i really do. i really like having hair, i like like sh*t with my head shaved. but still, what can i do to thicken it a little bit? i get chills every time i see my scalp in the mirror

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

M.. i dont think you can "thicken" the hair, but if i was you id do 2 things:
first, id start Rogain, just to see if that helps a little.
second, there is a genetic test (it cost money) to see if you suffer (or will suffer) from male pattern baldness during your lifespan, your local doctor take some tissue from your month (saliva, its not a blood test or anything) and they send it to a lab In California to a company named HairDX, the resuls should tell if you suffer from male pattern baldness, i think its worth the money since if you dont - then you woudnt have to start any treatment. and that might save you some money down the road + will give you a good reference rather your going bald or just fine hairs... (i think they started with that test around 2009, its rather new, and they claim you cant go wrong with that ... obviously...)

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

oh, i just find the site, they have the cost down here

http://www.hairdx.com/bosley/FAQs.aspx

"How much does the HairDX test cost?

The HairDX genetic test for Pattern Hair Loss is currently being offered direct to consumers at a price of $249. "

gl with it bro.

Constantine

Reaction score

you're right, the test is worth every penny. only problem is i'm not from the us and i'm not really sure how i can do this from where i currently reside.
(eastern europe)

Constantine

Reaction score
UPDATE 1.5 MONTHS

Hello everybody! I just thought i should do a small update at aprox. 1.5 months in my regimen. I sure am looking forward to your opinions about these pics compared to those in page 1.

As you can see, i've grown my hair out a bit, as suggested by some people on the forum.

I should also mention that i have kept my regimen religiously and probably even changed my life and general health for the better by doing so. Not sure about the hair though...

Do you think there's any difference? Have i made any progress?

First... some pics of DRY HAIR:( a few hours after my nizoral wash)

As you can see, when my hair is dry and when i don't style it at all my hair loss is barely noticeable.

[attachment=3:11ei8w2k]img620.jpg[/attachment:11ei8w2k]

[attachment=2:11ei8w2k]img625.jpg[/attachment:11ei8w2k]

[attachment=1:11ei8w2k]img621.jpg[/attachment:11ei8w2k]

[attachment=0:11ei8w2k]img628.jpg[/attachment:11ei8w2k]

Attachments

• img620.jpg
    img620.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 165
  • img625.jpg
    img625.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • img621.jpg
    img621.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 152
  • img628.jpg
    img628.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 147

Constantine

Reaction score

Now, a few more pics with slightly wetter hair. I've styled my hair the way i usually do in the first 2. I never wear my hair like in the last 3 pics, but i parted it this way so that you can get a good view of the problem.

[attachment=4:2l5ih2ey]img648.jpg[/attachment:2l5ih2ey]

[attachment=3:2l5ih2ey]img649.jpg[/attachment:2l5ih2ey]

[attachment=2:2l5ih2ey]img652.jpg[/attachment:2l5ih2ey]

[attachment=1:2l5ih2ey]img653.jpg[/attachment:2l5ih2ey]

[attachment=0:2l5ih2ey]img654.jpg[/attachment:2l5ih2ey]

Attachments

• img648.jpg
    img648.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 152
  • img649.jpg
    img649.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 158
  • img652.jpg
    img652.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 168
  • img653.jpg
    img653.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 162
  • img654.jpg
    img654.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160

SemperFi

Reaction score

Yup, you really need to see a doctor... but rather a psychiatrist than a hair transplant one. You have a full head of hair that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

It's a normal thing for a hair to recede a bit when you step out of puberty and that's why a vast majority of men with full heads of hair have NW1 pattern instead of NW0.

The next fact is that under flash and especially with some styling product on your hair, your scalp will be visible. Have you tried comparing your photos with some of your friends' ones in same conditions? I kinda gotta feeling you'll discover all of them are balding...

If you're really worried, keep observing your hair for next couple of years/until needed with taking photos every month for all that matters. I the mean time spend the money on some good vacation or expensive dinner with your girlfriend if you have one instead on buying the drugs.

Constantine

Reaction score

SemperFi said:
Yup, you really need to see a doctor... but rather a psychiatrist than a hair transplant one. You have a full head of hair that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

It's a normal thing for a hair to recede a bit when you step out of puberty and that's why a vast majority of men with full heads of hair have NW1 pattern instead of NW0.

The next fact is that under flash and especially with some styling product on your hair, your scalp will be visible. Have you tried comparing your photos with some of your friends' ones in same conditions? I kinda gotta feeling you'll discover all of them are balding...

If you're really worried, keep observing your hair for next couple of years/until needed with taking photos every month for all that matters. I the mean time spend the money on some good vacation or expensive dinner with your girlfriend if you have one instead on buying the drugs.

Trust me, man. Ever since i've noticed my hair thinning( 2008), i have been watching the evolution of my hair very carefully. I know every hair on my head, almost the same way you know the number of fingers on your hand. You would notice if one of them fell off, wouldn't you?

And to answer your question regarding my friends' hair...i've actually been observing their hair really closely and that's to say the least. Their hair is fine, regardless being styled or not and i seriously doubt any of them have to use a concealer so that their scalp is not showing.

All this hair loss issue has really turned into an obsession, i'm aware of that. I used to like my hair, it used to be "my thing". I remember girls use to compliment the way it looked when it was longer, they used to say i had shampoo comercial hair. :) The only commercial i'd be good for right now is for paranoia pills. Who knows, maybe that's the cure for me and not some DHT blocker or regrowth stimulant...

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna get jumped on here, but I think you have diffuse thinning in the beginning stages. Diffuse thinning is what I have and everybody said I was crazy and no hairloss. I watched my hair slowly diffuse across the whole top of my head fully aware that it was going, but not treating it because it still looked pretty good over 2007 and 2008. In 2009 it hit and I had been right. I lost 75% of my hair and it became weak and fine and little pigment.

You know your hair. I don't think it is normal for most of the population to see thinning in the early 20's, but it is normal to many of the guys one here, so maybe they don't want to see it. I think you are right.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

No male pattern baldness. With your hair wet, raised and with a gel on it; you would surely see your scalp. No problem with that. Get over it.

Constantine

Reaction score
Re: Constantine's Story------ 2 month update----

I think there might actually be some improvement here. I'd say my hair looks somewhat thicker. I started noticing it about a week ago. It was the first time when, after a shower, and after my hair completely drying off...that my scalp didn't show.

Also , since the same period, i haven't used any concealers. AT ALL!! ...which makes me very, very happy :)

It seems that the religious and corect use of Nizoral + vitamins combo can indeed work for slight diffuse thinning and/or telogen effluvium.

[attachment=3:3dsjh4r1]img687.jpg[/attachment:3dsjh4r1]

[attachment=2:3dsjh4r1]img693.jpg[/attachment:3dsjh4r1]

[attachment=1:3dsjh4r1]img689.JPG[/attachment:3dsjh4r1]

[attachment=0:3dsjh4r1]img691.JPG[/attachment:3dsjh4r1]

Attachments

• img687.jpg
    img687.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 170
  • img693.jpg
    img693.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 156
  • img689.JPG
    img689.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 162
  • img691.JPG
    img691.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 145

KDL84

Reaction score
Re: Constantine's Story---2 mo UPDATE on page 4---September 14th

Constantine said:
what do you guys think?

I think you're the male equivalent of a chick that weighs 98 lbs thinking she's fat.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

:agree:

Obsidian

Reaction score

KDL84 said:
Constantine said:
what do you guys think?

I think you're the male equivalent of a chick that weighs 98 lbs thinking she's fat.
126740877523.jpg