Could my loss of collagen have caused my hair loss? O.O

Hoppi

Reaction score
I have decided, that if I'm right about this and my hair gets strong again, I am going to grow the fattest, FATTEST dreads you have ever seen in your LIFE! hehe!

I always intended to years ago, and so if this happens and it works, i WILL!

And I'll post a picture!

Man, I hope this works just for that! hehe :)

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
purecontrol said:
Hoppi said:
Hoppi's wacky theory number 46 of 524! lol

But like, they happened at exactly the same time, you know? Rapid skin thinning, followed by fairly rapid diffuse male pattern baldness hair loss. Its just TOO coincidental, at least it is to me. That's one reason I found it so hard to accept that it was purely genetic or unrelated to health, because it coincided so precisely with another rather concerning and sudden physical change. My skin went from thick to thin in 4 days, and then my hair followed suit over the following months. This is why I suspected thyroid or cortisol.

But what if the hair and skin dont SHARE a common cause per se, but rather the thinning skin / collagen reduction weakened my hair making it more vulnerable and susceptible to the effects of my DHT..

Thoughts? O.O

Hoppi

Actually you are on to something, hyaluronic acid acts to stop inflamation in the skin and is largely responsible for collagen.

I use this topically in the new lotion made by that chemist I was talking about. Makes your skin look great also LOL

Hyaluronic Acid applied topically doesnt work like that. The molecule size is too big to penetrate. So it just sits on the surface of your skin and acts as a humectant.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
purecontrol said:
Hoppi said:
Hoppi's wacky theory number 46 of 524! lol

But like, they happened at exactly the same time, you know? Rapid skin thinning, followed by fairly rapid diffuse male pattern baldness hair loss. Its just TOO coincidental, at least it is to me. That's one reason I found it so hard to accept that it was purely genetic or unrelated to health, because it coincided so precisely with another rather concerning and sudden physical change. My skin went from thick to thin in 4 days, and then my hair followed suit over the following months. This is why I suspected thyroid or cortisol.

But what if the hair and skin dont SHARE a common cause per se, but rather the thinning skin / collagen reduction weakened my hair making it more vulnerable and susceptible to the effects of my DHT..

Thoughts? O.O

Hoppi

Actually you are on to something, hyaluronic acid acts to stop inflamation in the skin and is largely responsible for collagen.

I use this topically in the new lotion made by that chemist I was talking about. Makes your skin look great also LOL

Hyaluronic Acid applied topically doesnt work like that. The molecule size is too big to penetrate. So it just sits on the surface of your skin and acts as a humectant.

Who said that is was applied topically by itself? You think myself and the chemist don't understand the size of molecules LOL You are a hoot :)