Creatine And Hair Loss, Any Validity To It?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I used creatine as a high school senior for most of the year and I had zero body hair/facial hair back then and the thickest hair in the world for years after that. So there goes that theory so no creatine does not cause male pattern baldness or even contribute but I think I have lower T/DHT levels compared to most men so that might be why my hair loss is so slow and gradual.
As I got older and more body hair faster facial hair my male pattern baldness has slowly gotten worse in lock step with that. Androgens are very important IMO.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have dropped creatine. While ago. Oncreatine periods i notice difference in libido/sebum even while I'm on ru/duta. I definitely believe it temporary ups the dht levels when you just start the cycle.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have dropped creatine. While ago. Oncreatine periods i notice difference in libido/sebum even while I'm on ru/duta. I definitely believe it temporary ups the dht levels when you just start the cycle.

If it's temporary, why does that matter?

shookwun

Reaction score
Wont accelerate anything.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
11385119_660631820703702_1939700153_n.jpg

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After a few weeks on creatine, which the first 6 days I loaded with 20-25grams a day, I just don't know if I'm gonna continue. It might be all in my head, it might be just a phase, it might be coincidental, but when applying foam all over my diffused scalp I'm just shocked by the amount of hairs stuck to my hands than before, and it seems like my scalp is more itchy. I don't wanna put anyone off, do not hesitate to use it just because of other people testimonies, try it for yourself and monitor your shedding rate, I was on creatine for a long time in the past, but I rather be safe than sorry for now.

I'm just wondering though, let's say hypothetically, if creatine does cause slightly more hair loss in some men once it is taken, and does men were already on finasteride, then does it mean that finasteride was actually working ??
All this time I thought finasteride was not doing jack sh*t to me, but if creatine can cause more hair loss when taken, should it mean that Finasteride was doing something to help all along?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a few weeks on creatine, which the first 6 days I loaded with 20-25grams a day, I just don't know if I'm gonna continue. It might be all in my head, it might be just a phase, it might be coincidental, but when applying foam all over my diffused scalp I'm just shocked by the amount of hairs stuck to my hands than before, and it seems like my scalp is more itchy. I don't wanna put anyone off, do not hesitate to use it just because of other people testimonies, try it for yourself and monitor your shedding rate, I was on creatine for a long time in the past, but I rather be safe than sorry for now.

I'm just wondering though, let's say hypothetically, if creatine does cause slightly more hair loss in some men once it is taken, and does men were already on finasteride, then does it mean that finasteride was actually working ??
All this time I thought finasteride was not doing jack sh*t to me, but if creatine can cause more hair loss when taken, should it mean that Finasteride was doing something to help all along?

I did my loading phase last week, and around the day I started I noticed a HUGE amount of shedding unlike any I've noticed since I got on treatments....haven't noticed it since that day though. Could be coincidence. I hope so. I think I'm going to ride it out unless I notice consistent massive amounts of shedding

That being said, the pumps I've been getting since adding both creatine and C4 preworkout into my routine have been CRAZY....been making me look forward to hitting the iron more than I remember for a long time

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my loading phase last week, and around the day I started I noticed a HUGE amount of shedding unlike any I've noticed since I got on treatments....haven't noticed it since that day though. Could be coincidence. I hope so. I think I'm going to ride it out unless I notice consistent massive amounts of shedding

That being said, the pumps I've been getting since adding both creatine and C4 preworkout into my routine have been CRAZY....been making me look forward to hitting the iron more than I remember for a long time

It's been 2 days without creatine and I love the fuller look with it and people telling me I look bigger, also liftd went up a bit, I just don't know if to continue with it. My hair is held together by a very thin thread literally speaking and any more dent in any of the thinning areas then I'll pretty much have to buzzcut. Also it's really weird but lately the hairs I'm shedding are thin at the root while the shaft is very terminal, not sure what's going on.
So, please monitor your shedding and keep updating later on, I'm curious as to if 5g creatine a day in the long term would have no effect on hair loss what so ever.

By the way, C4 is a nice preworkout, tried it a few times borrowing from friends. At the moment I use a banned substance 1,3 DMAA and caffeine as preworkout. I wonder is DMAA could cause further hair loss because I've seen people on bodybuilding forums asking about it. I feel that 1,3 DMAA is either a hit or miss, if I take it too many days one after the other it loses it effect and I have to use a higher dosage, but if I use it like once a week it's awesome, I wouldn't hesitate to say it canges your personality for a few hours, makes you more energetic, boosts confidence, makes you more active.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 2 days without creatine and I love the fuller look with it and people telling me I look bigger, also liftd went up a bit, I just don't know if to continue with it. My hair is held together by a very thin thread literally speaking and any more dent in any of the thinning areas then I'll pretty much have to buzzcut. Also it's really weird but lately the hairs I'm shedding are thin at the root while the shaft is very terminal, not sure what's going on.
So, please monitor your shedding and keep updating later on, I'm curious as to if 5g creatine a day in the long term would have no effect on hair loss what so ever.

By the way, C4 is a nice preworkout, tried it a few times borrowing from friends. At the moment I use a banned substance 1,3 DMAA and caffeine as preworkout. I wonder is DMAA could cause further hair loss because I've seen people on bodybuilding forums asking about it. I feel that 1,3 DMAA is either a hit or miss, if I take it too many days one after the other it loses it effect and I have to use a higher dosage, but if I use it like once a week it's awesome, I wouldn't hesitate to say it canges your personality for a few hours, makes you more energetic, boosts confidence, makes you more active.

I know the feeling of uncertainty. Even now I'm thinking about it and im like, damn, is it even worth the slight anecdotal risk for slightly bigger muscles? I'll be keeping a close eye on my shedding in the coming days. I think a telltale sign will be if I redevelop the consistent itch in my hairline and frontal region(the exact places I've lost hair) that finasteride seems to have made disappear....sh*t was stressful, literally feeling myself go bald.

For the short time I've been using C4 I do feel it's taking my lifting sessions to a next level. At first I was slightly skeptical because I don't experience that tingly sensation people get from it, but my energy levels with it are for sure way up, and I've been able to push my pumps up...literally felt like my quads were going to explode out of my legs from one of my pumps last week lol. The only supplement I've used in the past for pre workout was straight l-arginine...some years ago but I do remember getting a bit of a boost from it. For now I'm going to stick with the C4, I'll probably try cycling it for 2 months with 2 week breaks to avoid losing the effects

shookwun

Reaction score
Creatine, cmon ... get real!

we are talking about spikes in your hormones that go back to baseline.

Drugs, consistent levels of high androgen in a supraphysiological dose are what accelerate hair loss.

C-R-E-A-T-I-N-E

reminds me of the whole, 'should I work out?! i heard it raises T levels, which will contribute to balding' :rolleyes:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine, cmon ... get real!

we are talking about spikes in your hormones that go back to baseline.

Drugs, consistent levels of high androgen in a supraphysiological dose are what accelerate hair loss.

C-R-E-A-T-I-N-E

reminds me of the whole, 'should I work out?! i heard it raises T levels, which will contribute to balding' :rolleyes:

You're probably right

male pattern baldness is just such a traumatic and uncertain process it's hard not to be paranoid and ocd about sh*t sometimes

Reactions: br1

shookwun

Reaction score
A large prion of your diteary intake has creatine
You're probably right

male pattern baldness is just such a traumatic and uncertain process it's hard not to be paranoid and ocd about sh*t sometimes
index.php

:D

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
And you dont gain a sh*t from it its all water you dont gain muscle from it with good diet and hard training you get 2-3 kg pure muscle in 1 year and thats the truth

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
And all this pwo common i have never taked Pwo i hit the gym harder then anybody in My gym the elders there call me animal i am the first one in there and last one out when i enter the gym and se the Ppl and those who come 30 min after me, i se Ppl taking there pwo protein Shakes and still they train like pussys i hit the gym 1 and half hour then 30 min in the cage some mma and back to some cardio then i eat my meal in the gym 20 min i am home and i eat a pack of gummi bear for recovery something with dextros and a homemade protien muffin with egg and ananas and other things in it

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And all this pwo common i have never taked Pwo i hit the gym harder then anybody in My gym the elders there call me animal i am the first one in there and last one out when i enter the gym and se the Ppl and those who come 30 min after me, i se Ppl taking there pwo protein Shakes and still they train like pussys i hit the gym 1 and half hour then 30 min in the cage some mma and back to some cardio then i eat my meal in the gym 20 min i am home and i eat a pack of gummi bear for recovery something with dextros and a homemade protien muffin with egg and ananas and other things in it

lol dude no offense but you take yourself way too seriously

at no point did anyone here imply that you need pwo to make it through an intense exercise session

sure a lot of supplements are bs but there are some with plenty of research behind them. I've experienced the benefits firsthand

at the end of the day, of course, it will ultimately come down to how much effort you as an individual put into it. That's why they're called "supplements." At best they can only supplement hard work

shookwun

Reaction score
Meme/ copy pasta worthy.

Did you copy this from the MISC or come up with this laughable post yourself?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score