Curcumin Topical Cream $25.00 this could be good stuff!!

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's the link :

http://www.springboard4health.com/store/more_hpl_curcumin.html

curcumin-topical_125.jpg

Just had a half hour discussion with the "Tech" who is the owner of the company. This guy is on the ball 100%. The delivery system is Liposomal for all his creams.

He is 70 years old, a retired physician and purely a research scientist. He started telling me about all the other current research and studies that are ongoing INCLUDING a new "clear" formulation of the Curcumin Topical Cream. It is currently being tested for healing of wounds and bedsores. He says the results will be in soon and the clear formulation should be available in a month or so....it's already in production.

I brought up the possible use as a hairloss treatment via TGF beta inhibition among other things. He was quite interested in that. He has loftier goals for Curcumin (wound healing, alzheimers, etc) but wanted me to call him back and let him know my results in a few months. He has a number of clinical trials going on concurrently....he isn't just making theoretical products, packaging them and then selling them. He makes them to test in controlled studies with other physicians and abandons the dead ends while staying with the ones that show results and promise.

This guy does not come off as a salesman but, as I've said, clearly purely a research scientist who was eager to share with me all the exciting research on all these different things he's developing and getting amazing results for as far as breast cancer, autism (CoQ10), etc. The result is that I am more apt to believe that he uses a legitemate liposomal delivery system for his products and the stuff is legit. I say this because this guy oozes integrity...he's a science geek...he was very interesting to talk to.

So I'm gonna order a bottle of this stuff and see if it has any effect. The current cream is yellow and does stain clothing...but he said that it absorbs into the skin and doesn't permanently stain (he uses it on his temples for alzheimers prevention). I imagine it would stain light hair though...but I won't know much until it arrives. The good news is the clear formula is in production and being tested for potency as we speak. He says it will be available if all checks out in a month or two.

I don't work for this company so please don't flame. This is my experiment and I don't expect anyone else to jump on (except maybe Docj ? ;) ) Just thought I'd share a product and a surprisingly candid conversation with the developer...

The only thing I'm afraid of is the potential yellow staining of the current formulation. If that turns out to be the case, I'll wait for the clear formulation to come out in a month or two and give that a shot...

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Expensive for "only" Curcumin. But I thought that Liposomes weren't compatible with alcohol?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
H2O you wont be able to know if it worked though since you are allready on a intensive regimen

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
roki said:
H2O you wont be able to know if it worked though since you are allready on a intensive regimen

Very true...this isn't a real controlled experiment but that's why someone like Docj would be a better choice as he is centering his regimen around Curcumin. I know where my "stubborn" areas are, however and a benefit would still be somewhat noticeable, although not necessarily directly, irrefutably attributable. Worth a go as I see a sufficient amount of data linking in the TGF Beta in the chain to warrent investigation...Basically I'm just tinkering at this point. Still sticking with the big 3 plus CP's and killing time until my one year mark has been reached. That's the problem with being a "tweaker" :) .

kevinme said:
Expensive for "only" Curcumin. But I thought that Liposomes weren't compatible with alcohol?

Can't really address this as I don't know one way or the other. I would imagine it is, however, as I don't doubt the integrity and expertise of the owner. Someone else can chime in on this I'm sure...

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i just got some Vicco Turmeric cream after reading a few post about this cream. in my country, i can get this cream quite easily and cheap. going to spot test it. many ladies have been using it for reducing unwanted hair and clearing acne. so it might help.

mumuka

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good ,i was looking for something like that.I`ll give it a try...
Doctor? Michael?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks H2O! please keep us updated.
although I agree with roki, you are using such big guns like avodrat, foam, and tricomin...

G

Couldn't we make our own (the same way we make spironolactone cream) for considerably less money?

Simply put in some turmeric into the cream right? You'd stain your scalp but hey we do that with folligen right? I'd just hope the yellow would shampoo out.

You guys should try adding curry to more of your food too. It pretty much goes with anything, tastes good, and is very healthy! It's really good with eggs to!!

docj077

Reaction score
This is an interesting find. If a clear formulation comes out, I'll likely try it.

Watch what you're doing with stuff, however. TGF-beta inhibition is a scary process. There is too much research that states that the effects of such targeted therapy are relatively controversial.

Here's what I can tell you about curcumin from what I've experienced. If you cut or injure yourself in any way while taking curcumin, your bleeding time will likely be prolonged and the healing of the injury will take a little longer. However, once your injury does heal, you'll be left with no scarring from what I've seen. I've cut myself a few times in the kitchen while slicing some veggies (Probably needed stitches, and no, I'm not going to school to be a surgeon) and it's quite amazing how very little curcumin can change the entire physiology of your healing ability.

Also, if you apply this to your head, be careful not to sunburn that area. TGF-beta is highly involved in celluar signalling and I don't want someone to end up with skin cancer or worse.

dopey

Reaction score
Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005 Nov;1056:206-17. Links
Curcumin: getting back to the roots.Shishodia S, Sethi G, Aggarwal
BB.
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics,
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe
Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA.

The use of turmeric, derived from the root of the plant Curcuma longa,
for treatment of different inflammatory diseases has been described in
Ayurveda and in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years.
The active component of turmeric responsible for this activity,
curcumin, was identified almost two centuries ago. Modern science has
revealed that curcumin mediates its effects by modulation of several
important molecular targets, including transcription factors (e.g., NF-
kappaB, AP-1, Egr-1, beta-catenin, and PPAR-gamma), enzymes (e.g.,
COX2, 5-LOX, iNOS, and hemeoxygenase-1), cell cycle proteins (e.g.,
cyclin D1 and p21), cytokines (e.g., TNF, IL-1, IL-6, and chemokines),
receptors (e.g., EGFR and HER2), and cell surface adhesion molecules.
Because it can modulate the expression of these targets, curcumin is
now being used to treat cancer, arthritis, diabetes, Crohn's disease,
cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis,
and other pathologies. Interestingly, 6-gingerol, a natural analog of
curcumin derived from the root of ginger (Zingiber officinalis),
exhibits a biologic activity profile similar to that of curcumin. The
efficacy, pharmacologic safety, and cost effectiveness of curcuminoids
prompt us to "get back to our roots."

PMID: 16387689 [PubMed - in process]

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TGF-beta inhibition is serious business, and a double-edged sword. As many good things there are about taking curcumin, it can also share some fairly bad possibilities. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue.

docj077

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
TGF-beta inhibition is serious business, and a double-edged sword. As many good things there are about taking curcumin, it can also share some fairly bad possibilities. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue.

Topically, it has been used for generations my women in India. Internally, it has been used as a spice for just as long.

However, I don't know what the effects of prolonged internal supplementation are with regards to the possible loss of TGF-beta mediated signaling.

Jacob

Reaction score

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about curcumin. You all say it's supposed to be good for hair loss because of its effect of blocking TGF-Beta but I just found out that curcumin increases production of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), a potent growth inhibitor.

this is the website I got that from
http://www.comet.ucar.edu/~dills/trans/ ... f_oct.html

anyone care to explain?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
H2O, did you buy that topical curcumin? just wanted to know if that site if legitimate.

Jaeger

Reaction score
Re:

joseph49853 said:

Could you explain what some negatives would come from taking curcumin and i assume you mean ingesting it correct?