Custom hair systems UK salon recommendations

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using MG Ford to supply and fit custom human hair systems for me for a couple of years now, both him and the systems are great.

However, he is based near Bristol and I live all the way up north in Northumberland. So every time I need a new system it’s a whole, long journey, overnight stay blah blah. Which is fine, once a year, but does pose an issue with styling my biohair in between fitting the new systems.

I don’t currently have anyone local who can cut my hair (or that I would trust) so, can anyone recommend any stylists more local to me who can provide a the same or similar service as Mike?
Thanks

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, learn to do your own maintenance and fitting. It's not that difficult, there's plenty of info about how to do it online and once you've learned you won't be dependant on a stylist as you can do it youself. I never understand why some hair system wears stay dependant upon a stylist for this - what is something goes wrong between attachments and you need to fix it at home, but can't? That's another reason you need to learn.

Secondly, any normal hairdresser can cut in a hair system. As long as they're careful and mindful it's a hair system that is, but other than that it's just like cutting bio hair.

Another option is to get your hair systems ready cut by your supplier, so all you have to do is attach them when they arrive. Or just do the cut in yourself at home.

None of this is particularly difficult and will make life easier for you if you put in the time and effort to learn how to do it.

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, learn to do your own maintenance and fitting. It's not that difficult, there's plenty of info about how to do it online and once you've learned you won't be dependant on a stylist as you can do it youself. I never understand why some hair system wears stay dependant upon a stylist for this - what is something goes wrong between attachments and you need to fix it at home, but can't? That's another reason you need to learn.

Secondly, any normal hairdresser can cut in a hair system. As long as they're careful and mindful it's a hair system that is, but other than that it's just like cutting bio hair.

Another option is to get your hair systems ready cut by your supplier, so all you have to do is attach them when they arrive. Or just do the cut in yourself at home.

None of this is particularly difficult and will make life easier for you if you put in the time and effort to learn how to do it.
I’m sorry if i wasn't clear, I do my own maintenance and fitting etc, I always have, however it’s difficult to cut my own hair, especially as I wear my hair in a longer style.

I haven’t found any competent hairdressers locally to me who have experience of cutting in hair systems, I have been advised these need to be cut in a certain way to avoid detection?
Also, I would hate to have an expensive system ruined by someone who is inexperienced.

I would welcome recommendations of hairdressers who can cut in a system local to me.
Hence my question I guess.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sorry if i wasn't clear, I do my own maintenance and fitting etc, I always have, however it’s difficult to cut my own hair, especially as I wear my hair in a longer style.

I haven’t found any competent hairdressers locally to me who have experience of cutting in hair systems, I have been advised these need to be cut in a certain way to avoid detection?
Also, I would hate to have an expensive system ruined by someone who is inexperienced.

I would welcome recommendations of hairdressers who can cut in a system local to me.
Hence my question I guess.

I wear my hair longer too (around 8 to 10 inches - I'm a rock musician, yoiu understand.....). I actually don't need to do much cut in other than trimming the length of the system slightly, which is easy to do myself. I then just attach the system over my shaved area and it blends nicely with my bio hair on the back and sides.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is the possibility of a remote cut in based on a previous piece & pics an option if you cant get there in person?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there was a guy in the bristol area that use to do that service. cant recall his name. maybe search the forum