Damage Limitation

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Life is totally what you make of it.

Anyone who disagrees is adhering to a loser's script.

If you want something in life you have to work for it. You want to be happy, you got to work at it. Unless you have a diagnosed psychiatric disorder there is nothing keeping you from enjoying life to the fullest. Wake up in the morning and remind yourself of all you have to be grateful for. You can find endless reasons in comparison to the limited reasons for being depressed. Think about all that had to happen just for you to be alive, to be a physically able and mentally capable person lucky enough to be experiencing life. Think of the conditions half the world is living in. Learn how to control your thoughts and emotions. Set out to view the world in a new way. Change is possible if you want it. If you can't get out of a rut on your own, get help. See a a psychologist, or study things like relativism, transactional psychology, or zen philosophy. In this day and age, with all the knowledge available, sitting around in despair should be a thing of the past. Anxieties, low self-esteem, negativity, depression, all these things can be overcome by those who choose to make a change and work at it. The tools and knowledge for self-improvement are all over the place.

So some people look down on you because you don't look like Thor. Who cares. Find new friends. Work on being happy and confident and you'll have no problem attracting people. Believe me.

But then again, I'm sure many will dismiss this because your stuck in a mindset where you believe that your current perspective is one of absolute truth, but it's not. You're ruining your one and only chance to live by allowing yourself to think that way.

Rant over.

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
What if you are crippled, can't exercise, can't walk without cane or crutches and going bald at 24? Damn!!!

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
this forum has made me feel better abotu my insecurity regarding hairloss

why? because i can see how most people on here buckled and shattered after hairloss and halted a normal life. this is sincerely ridiculous and reading this drivel has given me the persective to avoid wallowing in the pits of self-pity.

as soon as you let it affect your outlook, your body langauge, the way you express yourself, the way you LOOK and dress etc creates a spiralling effect beyound all proportion. soon you'll deserve any of the negative attention

YES baldness attracts negative attention but it is EXTREMELY surmountable. BUT instead of spiralling in the wrong direction like half this forum it takes the brave one to spiral IN THE OPPOSITE direction. Start to look better, dress better and work on all mental aspects. Not easy to do but hairloss can give you the grit between the teeth if you want. I know which side of the fence im on so im not going to feel sorry for you when i acheive all my life goals under the same set of circumstances as you (or worse).

Uncomfortable man go ahead and make up some articulate poet response that makes you sound correct all you want but you continue to forget one thing - you are living in YOUR experience and take this as an experience of all bald men which is pathetically narrow minded. You tell me its JUST your hairloss that has caused this negative outlook well that makes it even more sad considering many great and successful men (not necessarily famous) come over far worse all the time. Man up.

These are probably my favorite posts on these forums. Some guy, talking about what a badass he is, in a "Impact of Hair Loss" forum. Too funny.

cuebald

Reaction score
I think the stubble look is probably the best for most baldies, even NW6's.
Totally slick makes you look like a nazi, a bit of stubble on the horseshoe is still bald, but at least it still looks clean, and avoids the straggly clown look.

If I was nuts enough (I probably will end up crazy in a few years) I would grow the rest out and have a Devin Townsend skullet.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
These are probably my favorite posts on these forums. Some guy, talking about what a badass he is, in a "Impact of Hair Loss" forum. Too funny.

Not sure where i attempted to posit any claim of "bad ***" i must have missed it. But whatever, im just trying to shed postive light on people who have engrained negativity from their own expierences when i know for a fact some people are doing better from much worse situations. Clearly we've all got on our reasons to be on here so im definately not trying to pretend to be anything im not