DD's Story :) Hi (cell phone pics sry :( )

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
stampede said:
bustabucket said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":dcf6f]
stampede said:
Unless one has money to burn, buying anything other than the cheapest trustworthy 5mg finasteride and chopping it up is just silly.

Why pay more?

not every doctor will write you a script for proscar.

You shouldn't need one... I just ordered it without one.

Exactly. Internet pharmacies FTW :D

:roll:[/quote:dcf6f]

:roll: back at ya!

If you shop with one that has a good reputation you shouldn't have any problems.

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
stampede said:
stampede said:
bustabucket said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":a4680]
stampede said:
Unless one has money to burn, buying anything other than the cheapest trustworthy 5mg finasteride and chopping it up is just silly.

Why pay more?

:roll:

If you shop with one that has a good reputation you shouldn't have any problems.

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...[/quote:a4680]

the best way to obtain finasteride is to go to your doctor....most will prescribe it for you.

G

stampede said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":84990]
stampede said:
bustabucket said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":84990]
stampede said:

Why pay more?

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...[/quote:84990]

the best way to obtain finasteride is to go to your doctor....most will prescribe it for you.[/quote:84990]

i've been hearing more and more stories on here about doctors who will not prescribe proscar in place of propecia. if i couldn't find a Doctor who would prescribe proscar, i might order it online. i wouldn't wanna pay $700+ a year for Propecia.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
stampede said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":d3eee]
stampede said:
bustabucket said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":d3eee][quote="stampede":d3eee]Unless one has money to burn, buying anything other than the cheapest trustworthy 5mg finasteride and chopping it up is just silly.

Why pay more?

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...[/quote:d3eee]

the best way to obtain finasteride is to go to your doctor....most will prescribe it for you.[/quote:d3eee]

i've been hearing more and more stories on here about doctors who will not prescribe proscar in place of propecia. if i couldn't find a Doctor who would prescribe proscar, i might order it online. i wouldn't wanna pay $700+ a year for Propecia.[/quote:d3eee]

I pay for the propecia...its like 60 a month.
I think the $ is worth the peace of mind....thats just me though.

If/when i switch to dutasteride ill get a scrip from medicalwellnesscenter.com and get it from a u.s. pharmacy...itll prob cost me 90 dollars a month.

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
People automatically think all doctors will prescribe finasteride for their hairloss with no problems all. The truth is, they DON'T.

In my experience, it all depends on your doctor and their knowledge of treating male pattern baldness.

For example, I recently asked my doctor for a prescription for Propecia and he admitted that he didn't know too much about finasteride for treating hairloss. I asked for a prescription, he searched for "propecia" on his computer, looked up the side effects and then stated there was no way he would even consider giving me a prescription for such a drug. That was the ONLY basis for his analysis. :roll:

Then he gave me the "hairloss is a natural thing and you just have to learn to deal with it" blah blah blah speech. :evil:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
jared_24 said:
In my experience, it all depends on your doctor and their knowledge of treating male pattern baldness.

For example, I recently asked my doctor for a prescription for Propecia and he admitted that he didn't know too much about finasteride for treating hairloss. I asked for a prescription, he searched for "propecia" on his computer, looked up the side effects and then stated there was no way he would even consider giving me a prescription for such a drug. That was the ONLY basis for his analysis. :roll:

Then he gave me the "hairloss is a natural thing and you just to learn to deal with it" blah blah blah speech. :evil:

find another doctor....

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
he is obviously a moron...so why do you go to him

Well, I don't want to bore you with British National Health System politics.... But here in the UK - unless you have you have a medical condition that requires immediate attention - most of the doctors just DON'T want to know.

Most of them would much rather have their patients suffer in silence when it comes to issues they see as 'trivial' (i.e. hairloss) and would probably opt for meds such as anti-depressants (which in my opinion - is a big NO NO for young guys..) and would lead you to believe it is something you HAVE to deal with - which we all know is bullcrap.

Without getting too deep and controversial on here - it's all about the demand vs availablity of doctors - hence most would 'send you on your way' rather than having to be inconvienced with you going back every month (or whatever) for a prescription.... :roll:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jared_24 said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":e34f0]he is obviously a moron...so why do you go to him

Well, I don't want to bore you with British National Health System politics.... But here in the UK - unless you have you have a medical condition that requires immediate attention - most of the doctors just DON'T want to know.

Most of them would much rather have their patients suffer in silence when it comes to issues they see as 'trivial' (i.e. hairloss) and would probably opt for meds such as anti-depressants (which in my opinion - is a big NO NO for young guys..) and would lead you to believe it is something you HAVE to deal with - which we all know is bullcrap.

Without getting too deep and controversial on here - it's all about the demand vs availablity of doctors - hence most would 'send you on your way' rather than having to be inconvienced with you going back every month (or whatever) for a prescription.... :roll:[/quote:e34f0]

Too true. Went to see my Doctor and he said it's male pattern baldness, nothing to worry about etc.

I could go to Boots and get Propecia there, but I don't see why I should pay the premium. Finasteride won't get faked as there's no money in it, fake Avodart might be worthwhile, perhaps even fake branded Propecia, but 5mg generic finasteride... I don't think they'd bother...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
stampede said:
jared_24 said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":a3bc5]he is obviously a moron...so why do you go to him

Without getting too deep and controversial on here - it's all about the demand vs availablity of doctors - hence most would 'send you on your way' rather than having to be inconvienced with you going back every month (or whatever) for a prescription.... :roll:

Too true. Went to see my Doctor and he said it's male pattern baldness, nothing to worry about etc.

I could go to Boots and get Propecia there, but I don't see why I should pay the premium. Finasteride won't get faked as there's no money in it, fake Avodart might be worthwhile, perhaps even fake branded Propecia, but 5mg generic finasteride... I don't think they'd bother...[/quote:a3bc5]

youd be surprised.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":14e0c]
stampede said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":14e0c]
stampede said:
bustabucket said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":14e0c][quote="stampede":14e0c]Unless one has money to burn, buying anything other than the cheapest trustworthy 5mg finasteride and chopping it up is just silly.

Why pay more?

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...[/quote:14e0c]

the best way to obtain finasteride is to go to your doctor....most will prescribe it for you.[/quote:14e0c]

i've been hearing more and more stories on here about doctors who will not prescribe proscar in place of propecia. if i couldn't find a Doctor who would prescribe proscar, i might order it online. i wouldn't wanna pay $700+ a year for Propecia.[/quote:14e0c]

If/when i switch to dutasteride ill get a scrip from medicalwellnesscenter.com and get it from a u.s. pharmacy...itll prob cost me 90 dollars a month.[/quote:14e0c]

if you were smart you would get a script from medicalwellness for Proscar and save yourself a few hundred a year.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":ae6ae]
stampede said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":ae6ae]
stampede said:
[quote="bustabucket":ae6ae][quote="hair today gone tomorrow":ae6ae][quote="stampede":ae6ae]Unless one has money to burn, buying anything other than the cheapest trustworthy 5mg finasteride and chopping it up is just silly.

Why pay more?

I got my finasteride from United Pharmacies, and if it ain't the real deal, then it must be something else that grows hair...[/quote:ae6ae]

the best way to obtain finasteride is to go to your doctor....most will prescribe it for you.[/quote:ae6ae]

i've been hearing more and more stories on here about doctors who will not prescribe proscar in place of propecia. if i couldn't find a Doctor who would prescribe proscar, i might order it online. i wouldn't wanna pay $700+ a year for Propecia.[/quote:ae6ae]

If/when i switch to dutasteride ill get a scrip from medicalwellnesscenter.com and get it from a u.s. pharmacy...itll prob cost me 90 dollars a month.[/quote:ae6ae]

if you were smart you would get a script from medicalwellness for Proscar and save yourself a few hundred a year.[/quote:ae6ae]

id rather not deal with cutting the pills...and exposing them to air.

the money doesnt really bother me that much.
Plus im contemplating switching to avodart soon....im gonna wait out until ive been on finasteride for a full year which would be the end of july.

Ill use medicalwellness to get my script for avodart and prob fork over 90-100 a month for the avodart...

G

jeez i feel fortunate to get the gsk avodart for 30 a month plus tax from my local pharmacy

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
jeez i feel fortunate to get the gsk avodart for 30 a month plus tax from my local pharmacy

yep ur lucky...

what are you gonna do though...

I dont have many bills...i still live at home...all i pay for is a cell phone and for my gas and car insurance. I make over 1k a week....so its really not that big a deal.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't believe on paying more than I have to for anything I buy, regardless of what I earn, but I suppose it's your money and not mine :)

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I get free name-brand proscar :lol:

HTGT, you are very wise for being leery of online pharmacies. Their "good rep" is based off of someone who has no background in the pharmacutical industry saying, "they are ligit cause it tastes good!"

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:

HTGT, you are very wise for being leery of online pharmacies. Their "good rep" is based off of someone who has no background in the pharmacutical industry saying, "they are ligit cause it tastes good!"

are you still getting your dutasteride from inhouse?

or are you using medicallwellnesscenter now?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:

My dutasteride is from inhouse. I take name-brand proscar that I pick up from an American pharmacy as a back-up incase the dutasteride is fake.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
WorldofWarcraft said:

My dutasteride is from inhouse. I take name-brand proscar that I pick up from an American pharmacy as a back-up incase the dutasteride is fake.

instead of that...why dont you get a script from medicalwellness and get gsk avodart? too expensive?