Death of the internet?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Came across this last night.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/death-of-th ... in-uk.html

Bullshit, that's all i can say and Australia will probably be next.
australia is already worse off, they just don't like free speech down there, if i remeber correctly they are third to north korea and china as far as internet censorship and even have like a "great firewall"

well i am thankful i downloaded Freenet :)
maybe HairLossTalk.com could host a "freesite"
but i mean the whole point of the internet is freedom
i mean this isn't the first atrocity of internet freedom, jaqui smith wanted everyone's emails to be stored in a "superdatabase", ready for the state to read

i remember telling one of my friends about 5 years ago "i bet the internet will not be used in 20 years time" and i can see this becoming true, the internet used to be a lawless land but today big brother has taken it over, the internet needs some control but they have taken it too far now

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
australia is already worse off

Not yet but it is close.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I can't read the link because of the filter here. What does it say?
it's a page in favor of free speech :innocent:
do you remember free speech when you still had it?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:

We still have free speech.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="somone uk":13v9ole9]

We still have free speech.[/quote:13v9ole9]
well barely, as far as most of the western world is concerned australia has the most censorship, strictest libel laws, strictest web filters, most banned videogames etc

s.a.f

Reaction score
somone uk said:
2) vote lib dems, they oppose the bill the most

Yeah because thats the most important thing facing the country right now. :whistle:

HughJass

Reaction score
who are the HairLossTalk.com pommies voting for in the election?

not much choice by the looks of it- the fact that Gordon Brown looks like a walking corpse should disqualify him and that other silver spoon ponce....christ.

I'd probably vote lib dem if I was there. I think his wife is not too bad.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
UKIP.

Precious little difference between red/blue/yellow. They all must obey the great EU machine....................................

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't support the European union but i don't see ukip worthy solution because they clearly don't know sh*t
but ukip do use the eu as a giant scapegoat to problems that are more deeply buried, we essentially bought out the rich with the credit crunch
ukip are just a bunch of Tories and a conservative fiscal policy will just make things worse
i know this is American but the laws of economics apply globally:
meet-john-mccain.jpg

also apart from the main 3 none of the other parties are contesting enough seats for number 10

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
somone uk said:
i know this is American but the laws of economics apply globally
What a pretty picture. Of course Labour's 'tax and spend' policies threw us into the recession with a structural deficit equal to about 3% of GDP; when at the end of such a 'golden' period of growth common sense dictates we should've been running a significant surplus. But hey, if you choose to believe that a genuine dose of fiscal conservatism would spell the death knell for our economy, then on past form the Lib Dems are an appropriate choice; as is Labour, or Dave's lot. None of them railed against Labour's prolonged ratcheting up of State spending, and not one seems prepared to cut into it sufficiently to save us from the mother of all debt mountains.

Talking of which: The Bank for International Settlements recently stated that Britain will need drastic austerity measures to prevent public debt exploding out of control. Interest payments on the UK's public debt will double from 5pc of GDP to 10pc within a decade under the bank's baseline scenario - a level from which there may be no coming back as we get sucked into a 'compound debt spiral'.

For the reds our salvation comes in the shape of 'efficiency savings', with the blues it's even more such efficiencies, and the yellows are, well, actually talking about Govt. doing less: reducing tax credits, winter fuel payments, child trust funds; abondoning ID card scheme.... That's a (small) shot of fiscal conservatism right there, and if they scaled it up (and pushed the need for public sector pay & pension cuts) then even I'd be tempted to vote for Mr. Cable - he is the one running the show, right?

But only tempted. Unfortunately I'm an old-fashioned believer in being able to chuck out the law-makers come election time, and our membership of the EU is incompatible with this. So I can't vote yellow....

The 'credit crunch' (causes & solutions thereof) is a whole separate issue, one on which UKIP (those people who don't know sh*t) and Lib Dems have common ground: Legislating for a rigid division between retail banks and investment banks - the Glass-Steagall solution.

Great, just popped into HairLossTalk.com for the first time in yonks and already I'm rambling away like a loon. Must stop now.

Slarti

Edited once for grammar, once to add this note.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
oni said:
:bravo:

Slarti..................How you doing?

Not bad. The restraint and lash marks are fading - must stop going to parties with Mosley.........................

Moved (fled London for the South Coast), hence my absence. That and I couldn't be arsed to post. Anything interesting happened round here/with you?

oni

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
oni said:
:bravo:

Slarti..................How you doing?

Not bad. The restraint and lash marks are fading - must stop going to parties with Mosley.........................

Moved (fled London for the South Coast), hence my absence. That and I couldn't be arsed to post. Anything interesting happened round here/with you?

Lol! Mosley hmmmmmm.................. :whistle:

I hope life on the South Coast suits you better........I guess you have a job close to home or are you one of them poor souls on a train.

Anything interesting happened round here, you must be kidding! It has been pretty dead.

With me it is much the same as before, not much has changed....................

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
somone uk said:
i know this is American but the laws of economics apply globally
What a pretty picture. Of course Labour's 'tax and spend' policies threw us into the recession
the banks caused the recession because they got too greedy for their own good.
The banking sector is the largest sector of our economy which makes it hit Britain hardest so we aren't just going to just spring out of a rescission like that
This graph also proves how under a fiscal conservative government of the 80's and early 90's caused massive unemployment during their recessions yet despite this being a "worse" recession than the 80's and 90's we somehow managed to keep unemployment to 2.5m not bringing it to exceed 3m, if you also take into account that Britain has higher population in 2009 than it did in 1980's then it also has much less unemployment by proportion
public spending cuts don't solve much, after all every cut you make is also a job cut and the last thing we need is a raise in unemployment

oni

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Slartibartfast said:
[quote="somone uk":udp95k1x]i know this is American but the laws of economics apply globally
What a pretty picture. Of course Labour's 'tax and spend' policies threw us into the recession
the banks caused the recession because they got too greedy for their own good.
The banking sector is the largest sector of our economy which makes it hit Britain hardest so we aren't just going to just spring out of a rescission like that
This graph also proves how under a fiscal conservative government of the 80's and early 90's caused massive unemployment during their recessions yet despite this being a "worse" recession than the 80's and 90's we somehow managed to keep unemployment to 2.5m not bringing it to exceed 3m, if you also take into account that Britain has higher population in 2009 than it did in 1980's then it also has much less unemployment by proportion
public spending cuts don't solve much, after all every cut you make is also a job cut and the last thing we need is a raise in unemployment[/quote:udp95k1x]

:uglylol: