Decro435's Story - (19 PICS!!)

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Age of first hairloss:17
Using: Finasteride 1mg/Revita/Jason Thin to Thick Sham+Cond.

Started losing my hair when I was 17.Tried Rogaine , didn't suit me. Feel like the hairloss is slowly getting worse..

P1010188.jpg

P1010196.jpg

P1010226.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010184.jpg

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Decro435 - Age:19

You dont look like your losing your hair mate. Your crown is normal and your hairline just looks like a mature hairline. I had this friend and he was badly receding at 18. Saw him yesterday (5 years on) and he had only receded a little bit. You have nothing to worry about unless you are developing a baldspot or are progressing to a norwood 3. I would say you are a norwood 2 at best, plenty of men are at that stage and never go bald until they are very old. My kid brothers your age and his hairline is higher.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

I agree with the above poster. The hairline doesn't look bad, and although the top pic looks like maybe some slight thinning, the lighting and the fact that it's gelled (?) make it difficult to tell.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Dammit , I tried to get the best pictures possible , I am losing hair and have been for quite a while , I've had some massive sheds and have only had 2 haircuts in the past year. Seriously I'm quite thin all over , my hairline has receded immensely and continues to do so...

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I find hairloss looks worse in our minds than it does to other people. My hairloss to me is devastion in my mind, however my girlfriend and friends think i just have a very mature hairline that some men get and never lose more hair. Look at jack nicholson in the shinning, he kept his hair like that for decades.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

It's true. A hairline can 'mature' up to around the age of 30 according to an expert. This means it will continue to recceed slowly every year, you panic obviously as you notice it receeding slightly more every year but then it may just stop. Up to 10 years of worrying for nothing. Of course it may not stop, but I'd cross that road when I come to it.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Okay , clearly these pictures don't tell the story , I've a very thin crown/middle part and it's even thin on the sides.. My hairline has receded at least 1-1.1/2 inches and continues to do so.. Hair falls out heavily in the shower , on the pillow etc. I expect in a years time I'll be somewhere near a Norwood 3.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I see your using proscar. Proscar is very powerfull in dealing with hairloss. Can i ask where you got it from? It is stronger than propecia. It blocks 5% more dht at full dose. The reason i ask is that i was sold fake proscar a while ago and found it to be a very weak finestride that was weaker propecia even (which cant be true because proscar is stronger than propecia, meaning it was fake). Becarefull where you get your proscar from. I personally get mercs brand because i know there legit. The reason i brought this up is that If your certain your balding then at the very least this medication should slow your hairloss down, with most likelly improvement in the crown. However this might not be true if you have just started the medication, as it is meant to trigger a shed before you see improvement. It nothing to worry about though.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Cheers for the warning , yeah it's merck got it from United Pharmacies , where were you sold your fake proscar?

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I cant remember now because it was that long ago. It was an online pharmacy though. Decro have you tried minoxidil? It gave me some regrowth but i discontined due to my scalp being too sensitive to the minoxidil. It may help a little. Furthermore do you have a good intake of vitamin B, this will strengthen your existing hair by giving it the proteins needed for your hair to grow and stay thick and strong and thus slow down shedding. A pharmacist advised me on this and I can personally speak of this as i notice more shedding when i go without my vitamins.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes I tried Rogaine , but I decided to discontinue it because I kept forgeting to apply it or was too lazy to do so , also I think Rogaine is a lot of hassle for hair that will fall out when you stop using it anyways.. like If I start using rogaine now , I'm going to have a large shed,regrow what I lost in that shed and will keep that for as long as I use Rogaine , finasteride on the other-hand will just keep everything in shape and is easily applied and I might see some regrowth.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

UPDATE:

All hair has completely thinned. Proscar 5ths caused side effects. Going nowhere , utterly depressed.
There is no exaggeration in this statement : I will be Bald in 1 year.

My mother's father was a NW4 at 22. Seems like I'm going to end up worse then that. Somebody kill me , I've got a big head and pale skin. I hate my life.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

your pics are from oct. i think your overreacting dude. your hair is good. i had similar hair at 19 and its not much different at 23.

You wont be bald in 1year. pure rubbish

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I will update this thread with pictures sometime. I'm suffering DPA (Diffuse Patterned Alopecia). It's happening rapidly. I can't even treat it , seriously I soo f*cking depressed at the moment.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Your probably just shedding in preparation for regrowth but i wont know till i see some new pics. How long have you been on proscar for? Finestride made my hair worse before it got better. I quit 4 weeks ago due to sides and im still seeing improvement in my hair (no noticeable thinning). I dont even think i look like im balding any more.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't notice any shedding , but my hair has completely thinned out. I quit finasteride about 1 month ago now. Side effects were intense. I expect that the thinned hair was due to finasteride kicking the sh*ty hairs out which were never abel to grow back thicker because I quit it.

I'll update in a week or so when I get my hair cut.

Death

Reaction score

Can you show a picture of you balding?

or any proof plz

cuz if your freaking the f*** out....then i should of been worrying since the age of 14

your hairs fine....no thining.....at your age...go worry about getting laid or school cuz you have no worries in the hair department....

Is it me or iam i going crazy cuz any guy with more then 1cm of space between their hairline and side hair (temples) thinks their going bald...........

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Just wait another week or so, don't worry I'm not exageratting. I certainly don't imagine the 300-400 hairs I see in the shower and on my pillow.