Default Had two feet of long and curly hair..and now am I balding?

borntoexpire

Reaction score
I have shaved head photos, but nothing as detailed as the photos in the previous thread. From a distance, I feel that I look fine. My balding is still in its infancy. I'm approaching the NW2 and ideally, I would like to keep my hair as is or better for another 20 years. I am not too concerned with new growth, but more so preserving what i have. Did anyone look at the pictures on the previous page? I circled a bald spot on my crown as well. I definitely know that I am balding although it's very slow. In the past 3 or 4 years, I have not noticed a large difference, however, there is a noticeable difference between my head at 17 and at 24. My hairline used to be more even, but I'd be ecstatic if I could keep what I have now until I'm 40.

Anyway, I am looking for treatment options. I would like to avoid seeing a dermatologist, but I guess it's my only choice for now. What are my best options to preserve what I have while still working within a budget? I'd like some new growth at the hairline also.

Also, one more thing. Would it be possible to grow very long hair while applying these types of medication to my head? Or does the hair need to be very short for it to be effective. I ask this because I would like to grow my hair long again, but I won't do it if it would prevent the medicine from working properly. When I had long hair (about two feet in length) my hair loss was not as visible. However, I lost absurd amounts of hair in the shower, but I had goo looking coverage throughout my scalp due to the long hair. What I also liked about long hair was that I could tie it back and part my hair on the sides to cover my temples, which would give me a much better hair line than my natural one. Anyway, here are two photos of me with shaved hair. They are not high quality like those on the previous page because I wasn't concerned with this issue at the time.....

For those checking out my thread now, see the previous page in which I circled questionable areas. There is a relatively significant bald spot on my crown or whatever part of anatomy that is.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to seek out treatment. I want to seek out the most affordable and least side effect inducing treatment possible. Ideally, I want to maintain what I have and if new growth is possible, that is good too. However, from what I understand, the new growth will not be permanent assuming I stop using the medication, so I'd be very happy in just maintaining what I have.

1129101012.jpg after -4-27.jpg

The left is November 2010, the right is April 2012. Note the slight difference in the hair line on my left side in the second picture. Also, the front is thinner in the 2012 picture..so in less than two years, there has been a noticeable change. Something is going on, but luckily it's a slow process. I am sorry to those that are in much worse shape than me at 24, but we all lose are hair at different rates. I understand that I have a full head of hair relative to others and I am very grateful to have it as it currently is. I would be extremely grateful to maintain it or improve it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the photgraphs

My advice is to try to keep the hair you have now
You must not use drugs that alter the hair cycle and let grow your hair. If you want, you can use a lotion with natural products that keep your hair and scalp moisturized without excess of sebum.
Good luck

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

borntoexpire

Reaction score
Here's an updated crown shot with my newly discovered bald spot. If it wasn't for this forum, I'd have no idea I had this spot on my head at all. I initially came here thinking that there would be a strong chance that I was hallucinating, but unfortunately now I have evidence that I truly am balding.

What do you guys think of this?

Here is my crown followed up with a zoomed closeup of my crown. This is my only true bald spot so far. I appreciate any treatment advice. I can't even feel this spot on my head, so it will be difficult for me to apply anything topical to it.

423251_10151164353577050_2071007755_n.jpg

1488_10151164342312050_1800603732_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Could that be a normal hair whirl? It looks fairly substantial zoomed in, but from far away it's less noticeable. I definitely think it's the start of male pattern baldness though and I will be seeing a dermatologist soon.