DelayedReaction's story - (NEW AND IMPROVED WITH PICTURES)

Reaction score
Thanks mate :)

It's still kinda ridiculous looking... and yes this is a roller coaster ride. Jeez. I wish I could just let go sometimes and stop caring so much. I'm approaching my 8th month now.

Things learned to people who are about to start treatment:

1. Don't underestimate the power of the mind's eye. If you've had a bad day, your brain can trick you into thinking that your hairloss is much much worse. If you look closely every day, you're just going to be miserable.

2. TAKE PICTURES.

As far as my story goes... I switched to Rogaine liquid to see if I would get better results with that as opposed to Rogaine foam. Right now I'm going through a crazy shed, but the miniature hairs are actually darkening up so we'll see where this goes.

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd check back in. Nobody replies to this, but I can tell you guys are reading it though :punk:

So!

Rogaine liquid was a HORRIBLE idea. It dried my scalp up to a point of pain, and huge huge white flakes made it impossible to work with. I had to go to using it once a day, and couldn't afford to get foam for a good month.

Annnnddd...

I got the thrill of seeing just how much rogaine foam had actually done for me! Wow! My hairline shot back a good inch, with huge shiny gaps. It was not fun, and my hats became part of my wardrobe. But now I'm back on foam and still taking propecia, and it's slowly but surely coming back. At the very least it seems for me that this combination has stabilized my hair loss or slowed it down a great deal. I can live with that.

Good luck guys!

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update:

For some background information, I have a twin brother. He also suffers from the same male pattern baldness that I do, except that his started a year later than mine did. I saw him for the first time yesterday since I started treatments last November. We talked for a while with the family (I was visiting home) but as soon as it was just the two of us he asked me what I was using for my hair because it looked like it was working. Apparently the bald spot on top has shrunk dramatically. I asked him if maybe it was just because my hair was longer, and he replied that "No, I've seen your hair when it was longer and you were balding. This is different."

So it's working on the top at the very least, and doing its best at the front.

Good luck guys!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I don't come around here much anymore (or at least anywhere near as much as I used to) but just wanted to check in. I am almost at the 11 month mark! (go me) I have had no adverse sides whatsoever, asides from heavy skin flaking with liquid rogaine.

Although I am going through a bit of a shed right now, my hair is overall much better than it used to be. I've gotten a few compliments such as "you don't know how much better you look now, do you?" or "what are you using? It looks like it's working." I still have a pretty high hairline sadly with noticeable recession that doesn't seem to be going away, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. My top has filled in noticeably and my hair is much healthier looking than it was.

I'll keep checking in. Best of luck to you guys. The main thing that this has taught me is that there is much more to me than my hair.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't really go on this site anymore, but I didn't want to be yet another one of those guys who gets success then doesn't tell anyone. In honesty, I don't fully feel like I've had success, but the mind's eye is a powerful thing. I've reached the 1 year mark - the do or die point where I told myself that I was going to shave it all off if it didn't look like it was working.

So last night I met up with an ex girlfriend who flew in from NY to the area... not the best of ideas, but I started dating her about three years ago. She knew that I was fairly self conscious about my hair but never cared, but last night she told me that whatever I was doing was working because my hair looked better than it did the day she met me. I don't know how truthful she was being, but hey, I'll take it. And yes I met her three years ago.

Well time to keep doing what I've been doing I guess. I use Nizoral, Rogaine foam, and Propecia for a year now.