Depressed beyond words...

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Another one giving money to drug dealers.

There´s alot of fucked up people, crime and insecurity and gang wars because of that sh*t, just so some idiots think they enjoy life taking that sh*t.

barcafan i´m sorry but advising drugs to someone who´s not well is not the way to go, drugs just give an artificial feeling and temporary but the depression still stays, it´s not that it will solve the problem.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
libertine, don't worry I ain't turning to drugs or anything. I did try rogaine foam but shed for 2 months straight and didn't see any indication of the shedding slowing down. I have been on Spectral and Xandrox (no ppg) formula ever since. dutasteride is scary to be honest due to very little hairloss specific research on it and not too many people in the dutasteride forum have had sucess. A hair transplant is something I would consider, I am thinking Dr Wong and Rahal or Armani. The latter I think is way overpriced. However I have heard very good things about Wong and Rahal from guys like Jaytronic.

G

vipergts said:
libertine, don't worry I ain't turning to drugs or anything. I did try rogaine foam but shed for 2 months straight and didn't see any indication of the shedding slowing down. I have been on Spectral and Xandrox (no ppg) formula ever since. dutasteride is scary to be honest due to very little hairloss specific research on it and not too many people in the dutasteride forum have had sucess. A hair transplant is something I would consider, I am thinking Dr Wong and Rahal or Armani. The latter I think is way overpriced. However I have heard very good things about Wong and Rahal from guys like Jaytronic.

Good for you, man! I remember you mentioned you earn well so why not, if you want hair hair transplant is available now if you got the dough for it. Be sure to research well before rushing to it, though. I'd suggest to try shaving first, it's very inexpensive and you may like it.

barcafan

Reaction score
FabioM said:
Another one giving money to drug dealers.

There´s alot of f***** up people, crime and insecurity and gang wars because of that $#iT, just so some idiots think they enjoy life taking that $#iT.

barcafan i´m sorry but advising drugs to someone who´s not well is not the way to go, drugs just give an artificial feeling and temporary but the depression still stays, it´s not that it will solve the problem.

You don't have to be sorry, im not getting hurt by what you guys think. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
vipergts :

I'm not in position to say that since my hairloss is I guess not as bad as yours since I'm younger and on med now, but Buddhism, we see this kind of problems as challenges from life.
If you can learn to be confident by not taking care about how you look, then for sure you will be able to achieve great things in life.
It really helps to find oneselves a spiritual paths in our materialistic and egoistic societies.
It's sometimes difficult, but you can, even if your a very rationnal person. I went from Quantum physics to Buddhism actually.
Check out the movie :"What the bleep do we know", I can guarantee you will feel way better after watching it.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
recognition2 said:
vipergts :

I'm not in position to say that since my hairloss is I guess not as bad as yours since I'm younger and on med now, but Buddhism, we see this kind of problems as challenges from life.
If you can learn to be confident by not taking care about how you look, then for sure you will be able to achieve great things in life.
It really helps to find oneselves a spiritual paths in our materialistic and egoistic societies.
It's sometimes difficult, but you can, even if your a very rationnal person. I went from Quantum physics to Buddhism actually.
Check out the movie :"What the bleep do we know", I can guarantee you will feel way better after watching it.

i concur,everyone should see this film

Momentum

Reaction score
know how you feel. I'm also in a depressed state in my life right now. I started losing my hair at 20 years old, 2nd year of college. I'm almost 25 now. I started to lose hair on my crown and on the front right side of my scalp. Then I started to lose more. It's like my scalp was being attacked. I didn't realize how much hair until my peers and family members started making comments. I was aghast when I took a hand-held mirror and saw much how hair was gone. I pretty much had a bald spot at my lowest point (about a year later). Forget the stress of school, the hair loss completely overshadowed everything else I was going through. It was so humiliating. I would go to class sometimes and no one would even sit next to me. The whole row would be empty - I would always tell myself, they just probably want to sit up closer, but I knew the real reason. I've become disillusioned with people. When I see other guys fixing their hair in front of me, sometimes I think, is he rubbing it in that I don't have as much? It makes you so self-conscious and paranoid. My brother got me on Propecia, thank God, and slowly my hair started to grow back. I was on it for 3 years and a lot of my hair did grow back. Now, I would say I've lost about 35-40% of my hair. I have to comb my hair forward now to cover my crown. I've stopped taking Propecia for about two months now as it was making me even more depressed. I had zero motivation and plus I've reached a certain threshold where I don't think it's going to do anything more for me.

I can't explain how this has devastated my life. It's poisoned everything. Everyone used to tell me how handsome I was, how cute I was (I still get compliments sometimes) :) Even though I'm in my 20's, I look 18 so this really doesn't suit my looks. I never would have guessed in a million years that something like this would happen to me. I don't know if it's a test from God, punishment for all the bad things I've done in my life, the stress of school, or what. Before, I used to feel sorry for myself, but now I just feel anger - why did this happen to me? I've become so withdrawn and isolated. I just go to work and school, and concentrate on my studies. My joy for life is gone; it's stolen my happiness. I wish I could be like other people who are going through traumatic experiences and still have a positive attitude, but honestly I just don't feel that way. I try to focus on all the good things in my life - my parents, good job, nice car, otherwise good health. Sometimes, I feel good and in control and somedays, I just feel so small. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time now. It helps to now others are going through the same thing. Thanks for letting me share my story.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Momentum said:
know how you feel. I'm also in a depressed state in my life right now. I started losing my hair at 20 years old, 2nd year of college. I'm almost 25 now. I started to lose hair on my crown and on the front right side of my scalp. Then I started to lose more. It's like my scalp was being attacked. I didn't realize how much hair until my peers and family members started making comments. I was aghast when I took a hand-held mirror and saw much how hair was gone. I pretty much had a bald spot at my lowest point (about a year later). Forget the stress of school, the hair loss completely overshadowed everything else I was going through. It was so humiliating. I would go to class sometimes and no one would even sit next to me. The whole row would be empty - I would always tell myself, they just probably want to sit up closer, but I knew the real reason. I've become disillusioned with people. When I see other guys fixing their hair in front of me, sometimes I think, is he rubbing it in that I don't have as much? It makes you so self-conscious and paranoid. My brother got me on Propecia, thank God, and slowly my hair started to grow back. I was on it for 3 years and a lot of my hair did grow back. Now, I would say I've lost about 35-40% of my hair. I have to comb my hair forward now to cover my crown. I've stopped taking Propecia for about two months now as it was making me even more depressed. I had zero motivation and plus I've reached a certain threshold where I don't think it's going to do anything more for me.

I can't explain how this has devastated my life. It's poisoned everything. Everyone used to tell me how handsome I was, how cute I was (I still get compliments sometimes) :) Even though I'm in my 20's, I look 18 so this really doesn't suit my looks. I never would have guessed in a million years that something like this would happen to me. I don't know if it's a test from God, punishment for all the bad things I've done in my life, the stress of school, or what. Before, I used to feel sorry for myself, but now I just feel anger - why did this happen to me? I've become so withdrawn and isolated. I just go to work and school, and concentrate on my studies. My joy for life is gone; it's stolen my happiness. I wish I could be like other people who are going through traumatic experiences and still have a positive attitude, but honestly I just don't feel that way. I try to focus on all the good things in my life - my parents, good job, nice car, otherwise good health. Sometimes, I feel good and in control and somedays, I just feel so small. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time now. It helps to now others are going through the same thing. Thanks for letting me share my story.

Wow I feel you brother, going through school with this sh*t must have been REALLY tough. I am glad you are thinking differently now. I hope everything works out the best for you!

G

Momentum said:

I can totally relate with you on this part, being 1.5 months short of 25 and pret-ty damn bald. Luckily I haven't got the experiences you mentioned in the 1st part of your post.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

I truly understand everything you have mentioned based on your personal experience. I honestly can relate to all of it but don't know how to fix our state of mind. I wish we could just "snap" out of it and go about our lives without giving a sh*t about hairloss, but obviously it's not that simple. I guess we will eventually get used to looking bald, accept our fates and move on. I just want life to be as colorful as before...I want that passion and positive energy back more than ever before. The treatments today are honeslty a joke! I hope our grandkids don't have to suffer from male pattern baldness!

viper

Momentum said:

Momentum

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words guys! Yes, it was tough dealing with that with the pressures of school, but I still graduated and walked - I wasn't going to let that stop me, hehehe. Hopefully, like you all said, we can learn to live with this and happiness will find its way back to us.

vipergts, how old are you if I can ask?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Momentum,

Good to hear that you graduated. I am 30 years old and have been losing hair since my early 20's.

Momentum said:
Thanks for the encouraging words guys! Yes, it was tough dealing with that with the pressures of school, but I still graduated and walked - I wasn't going to let that stop me, hehehe. Hopefully, like you all said, we can learn to live with this and happiness will find its way back to us.

vipergts, how old are you if I can ask?

Momentum

Reaction score
The thing that KILLS me is that I am fighting for the dear life of my hair with ALL the proven treatments out there and more, but I am getting NO SUCCESS at all. This would be totally acceptable had I done nothing but ever since I started Propecia (now on month 9) all I have seen is an acceleration in my rate of loss. Obviously no one can explain this at all and everyone claims that there is no way propecia could be causing hair loss to increase. This creates further confusion and ambiguity as I am already well below baseline (at least by 40 percent in the crown).

Hi vipergts,
Is it possible all the medication and treatments you are taking are actually having the opposite effect? Maybe all of those things are too much for your body to handle at one time. You might consider stopping Propecia for a while and see what happens, especially if you say it's increasing your hair loss. Sometimes people have negative reactions to certain medication.

At first, I was scared to stop taking Propecia, but I had to as it was affecting my work and studies. At the beginning of the year, I stopped taking Propecia for 3 months and I don't think I lost any more hair than usual (I don't think I grew any either, but at least I could focus better). For now, I just use Nizoral 2-3 times a week and Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I don't use any harsh chemicals or gels on my hair.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. :)

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Dude i'm going to be perfectly honest with you. You need to try a potent psychedelic if you haven't before. It will TOTALLY open up your eyes in terms of what life really is and i think that anyone who hasnt experienced it before is totally missing out.

As stupid as this advice might sound I think he's on to something. You need a change of perspective...day to day life isn't providing it right now, you need to find it internally. Psychiatrists actually considered using psychedelics for the treatment of various psychological issues but they basically fell out of favour because they were abused so much by the counterculture and were a symbol of defiance to authority. Even an 'unpleasant' psychedelic experience would probably help to change your perspective and your obsessing over your hair. Help to put things a bit more into perspective again.