Dermovan Based spironolactone: How do you apply it? (bryan)

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
hey mat, as far as aloe vera plus spironolactone, I've seen gumbo (i think thats his name) on hlh who swear by it. So it might be worth a try. If you are really looking for some good anti oxident, heres something for ya to look forward to http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041119/195335_1.html

In contrast, Protandim has been demonstrated to decrease oxidation by as much as 60% in humans in just the first 30 days of intake. This percentage is expected to increase even further after prolonged supplementation

Protandim is not an antioxidant, but its patent-pending formulation induces the body to produce more of its own natural antioxidant enzymes, thereby utilizing biology not chemistry to fight oxidation.

sounds so far so good =)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Bryan in regard to BHT, I found a few sources where studies were done involving DHT and animals. Several of the studies found the BHT causes the chance of a cell mutation to increase. (cancer) This would reverse the process i'm trying to accomplish.

There's been a lot of controversy around the use of BHT for a long long time. Some experimental conditions seem to show that it promotes cancer, others show that it protects against it. Since it was introduced into the American food supply after World War II, stomach cancer rates have gone down, but they remained the same in countries where BHT wasn't used. I believe even the medical establishment generally attributes that decrease to BHT.

Nowadays, many "life-extender" types actually take supplements of BHT! At the time that their popular book "Life-Extension" was first published, Durk Pearson & Sandy Shaw were taking 2 grams of it every day, which is about a THOUSAND TIMES the amount of the chemical that the average person was getting at the height of BHT use in foods! As far as I know, they're still using it to this day. I've used it in the past myself in smaller amounts (about 30-40 mg per day), and plan on starting it again soon.

Bryan