Dietcola's Story - (UPDATE PICS APRIL 25 PAGE 12)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
having fun plucking those facial hairs lately roki? me too

**im stoked! 4800 ppl have looked at this thread.
yeah that's annoying man,i have to do it everyday because of the damn that foam
so yesterday i went to a laser removal place and i got a price offer its
440$ for 10 treatments ,not too bad i think ill do it...

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
f*** dude, thats amazing... your on your way back to a 1! well maybe not 1, but very close.
Seeing your success makes me want to try it on my hairline in the coming year.

Peace...

Jm0311

Reaction score
damn thats pretty good. i think my right temple is like yours now dietcola. Im wondering what i should be doing about it...hmmm its maybe a tad worse than your now pic..im like a Norwood 1.75. i just dont wanna get stuck on FOAM ya know..lol although i know anything i do will be permant. but its hard to finally get on something. i wanna do a non finasteride regime for now. i tink i might have some luck on Revivogen/spironolactone cream.

G

Jm0311 said:
damn thats pretty good. i think my right temple is like yours now dietcola. Im wondering what i should be doing about it...hmmm its maybe a tad worse than your now pic..im like a Norwood 1.75. i just dont wanna get stuck on FOAM ya know..lol although i know anything i do will be permant. but its hard to finally get on something. i wanna do a non finasteride regime for now. i tink i might have some luck on Revivogen/spironolactone cream.

yeah have fun goin bald.

Jm0311

Reaction score
you think if i DONT get on finasteride i would? i mean spironolactone and revivogen have pretty good reps..not saying i WONT go on finasteride. i just dont want to right now...im only 23.

how old r u? do you plan on taking dutasteride for the next 10 yrs?
im trying to delay finasteride as much as i can. only my temples are receding.
and i believe spironolactone and revivogen spray will be good to combat my temples.

Jm0311

Reaction score
my dad is a Norwood 3V at age 57 so was his dad. so i dont have it that bad.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
dietcola said:
having fun plucking those facial hairs lately roki? me too

**im stoked! 4800 ppl have looked at this thread.
yeah that's annoying man,i have to do it everyday because of the damn that foam
so yesterday i went to a laser removal place and i got a price offer its
440$ for 10 treatments ,not too bad i think ill do it...

i might consider that in the future, i'm going to wait at least a year to see how my body adapts to this stuff. i have a friend whose been using liquid minoxidil for 3 years and he said that his eyebrow growth and other small sides went away after 6 months. don't wanna get laser treatment if the problem is going to correct itself.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
i might consider that in the future, i'm going to wait at least a year to see how my body adapts to this stuff. i have a friend whose been using liquid minoxidil for 3 years and he said that his eyebrow growth and other small sides went away after 6 months. don't wanna get laser treatment if the problem is going to correct itself.
really?
i imagined that as long as it make the hair on the head grow it would make the one on the face grow too

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:

You make absolutely no sense.
You don't want to get 'stuck' on finasteride or minoxidil, but will use revivogen or spironolactone. Do you reliase you will be 'stuck' on these as well?
Your scared of the two most potent treatments, why do you keep pestering everyone with your crap.
You say your dad is a solid norwood, if your following his pattern and his timeline (started at the same age) then don't stress and leave these boards.

ruggy

Reaction score
hi ive just started propecia,my hair is pretty thick all over but i have temple recead, if i start to use say rogain foam would i have to carry on taking it ,if i grow hair back on my temples or will propecia keep the hair gained by the rogain ?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride won't maintain hair that you have regrown with minoxidil, so if your recession isn't too bad maybe try just using finasteride for a while (6-12 months) before deciding whether or not to bother with minoxidil, cause putting this stuff in your hair twice a day for your whole life will be kind of a pain.

i couldn't wait to see how well i responded to just finasteride, i was much too impatient and much too depressed about it so i knew i needed to start rogaine right away. i don't regret it, but i sure wish i could have these results with just finasteride.

thanks for the compliments, i look forward to posting new pics in a couple of weeks because it's really growing fast now.

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola, you're an inspiration to us all, those are truly amazing results. My finasteride and rogaine foam came through the post yesterday and am starting the exact same treatment as you, except Im going to be dividing my 5mg finasteride into 5ths, so 1mg a day. Im only gonna apply the foam just like you, only on the temples hairline. I'll start a new thread in acouple weeks when I shave my head (should still be baseline then) and put some pics up and hopefully have progress like you man.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
hey aren't your friends and family (that don't know about the treatments) asking about how all of the sudden your growing huge amounts of new hair?
Did u blame the 'loss' on the stress caused by your ex girlfriend? :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
indie85 said:
dietcola, you're an inspiration to us all, those are truly amazing results. My finasteride and rogaine foam came through the post yesterday and am starting the exact same treatment as you, except Im going to be dividing my 5mg finasteride into 5ths, so 1mg a day. Im only gonna apply the foam just like you, only on the temples hairline. I'll start a new thread in acouple weeks when I shave my head (should still be baseline then) and put some pics up and hopefully have progress like you man.

thanks man, it always helps when you're starting to see someone in the same situation making progress. rob's story really motivated me to start treatment as well. his is in the success stories, as he grew his hairline back to NW1.

hellohello said:
hey aren't your friends and family (that don't know about the treatments) asking about how all of the sudden your growing huge amounts of new hair?

haha actually i still wear a hat alot of the time, most of my friends and family have seen my hair what it looked like at Xmas time so i'll lose the hat and cut my hair short and style it in a couple of months. i'm sure people will be asking, and i'll tell em, i don't care.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How do you upload pictures like that? Do you have to host them somewhere or something?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those are some great results, congrats. For me, minoxidil was far better for temple regrowth than finasteride. Although, I didn't nearly have your recession. But, I probably have my juvenile hairline now thanks to minoxidil, and hope to keep it for as long as possible. :)

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellohello said:

I've had this happen to me. I have people asking what I'm doing differently to my hair. And people who haven't seen me for a few years are sometimes astounded. I guess you don't realize just how bad your hairloss is until it starts growing back. You almost start feeling guilty, like somehow you're cheating genetics. :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK new pictures. doesn't look like much progress but the regrowth i photographed before has been slowly filling in and turning into *real* hair. i think my hair looks like it did a year before treatment, which is really good. this is NOT how i style my hair, just so you can see the hairline properly. i think it actually looked thicker a week or two ago but now i am shedding some of my vellus hairs, which i'll have to wait a few weeks to see come back - but they should be thicker.

pet344343047.jpg

VVV the right temple is the worse of the two VVV

pet344343056.jpg

flash

pet344343052.jpg