Difference between Fluridil, flutamide and flutagel???

TKN

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im new to all this and want to get onto this Fluridil/Flutamide/flutagel because I heard its works brilliant and have heard positive feedback. I still dont know the difference and is anyone still on it? Where can I buy it from (im in the UK). Im using 5% minoxidil at the mo too and on propecia.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Flutamide is a drug that BINDS to the androgen receptor so neither DHT nor Test can attach to it. This works differently from finasteride which simplys lower the overall DHT level in your blood, but still allowing amounts to attach to the receptor.

Flutagel is the same as Flutamide but in a gel form... it's said to work better with less side effects, but unfortuanately I don't know of a place where you can order it anymore.

Fluridil is different in that it's actually said to DESTROY the androgen receptor (very temporarily). I don't even know if this is even proven but el_duterino on this forum knows more about it so you can ask him.

el_duterino

Reaction score
LookingForAnswers said:
Flutamide works, fluridil doesn't.

1)Fluridil works, but it is less powerful than flutamide
why ? because it DESTROYS androgen receptors (AR) and this is a diffiult thing to do.
To halt hairloss completely you would need to destroy a lot of AR and do it all the time and this is just not possible in the body.
THerefore I would not use fluridil on its own if the goal was to halt hairloss totally. Even finasteride will not halt hairloss on its own. But no one will say that finasteride does not "work"
Fluridil has no side effects at all. Very safe drug.

2)Flutamide works well, especially if used in the right vehicle, like a gel (Flutagel).
but, it has potentially serious androgenic side effects (low libido etc..) and can in some cases even result in liver injuries as well.
In other words..not the kind of drug you want to use for an extented period of time, or as a main component in your regimen.It is not a real hairloss drug and will never be one because of the potential side effects.
In blood, it is converted into a even more poten anti-androgen called Hydroxyflutamide, so over time the side effects will increase.
But half life of flutamide is short (7 hours) so that when/if sides appear, you just take a break of a few days to return to normal. Sides are not permanent.

So the best regimen is to use Fluridil in combo with a little bit of flutamide a the most important spots such as the hairline, and add a good DHT reducing oral drug such as dutasteride, which is much better than finasteride.

here is a preliminary report from another person following this same regimen
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... erthread=y

TKN

Reaction score
Ill start using flutagel, if they still make it.

1) Does this leave any white stuff like minoxidil on the scalp?
2) How can I go about using the fluridil and flutagel combo? - the sides sound quite scary.
3) El deterino, wehere can I purchase these from?

Thanks!

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw regrowth with Flutagel but Sinere the manufacturer of Flutagel discontinued it due to the small chance of Liver injury.

TKN

Reaction score
grrr just when I finally came across something promising! :badmood:

Hmmm, I dont know whether to go for fluridil or not.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
TKN said:
grrr just when I finally came across something promising! :badmood:

Hmmm, I dont know whether to go for fluridil or not.
You can still order flutamate in a 'liquid' base from www.genhair.com. Sure it works off a systematic mechanism but at such a low dose I doubt the side effects will be too bad. Just give it a rest for a few days every couple of weeks.

Besides, there wasn't really much documented proof that the gel was safer anyhow.

el_duterino

Reaction score
you can make your own lotion- very cheap..much cheaper than the Genhair stuff
1) buy some generic flutamide pills over the internet (google)..the brand name is called EULEXIN

2)buy a bottle of Spiritus Ratifikowany (96% of alcohol), polish vodka, in Europe, or Everclear in the US.

3)buy some Propylene glycol at a drug-store or over the internet.

crush the 250mg flutamide pills, mix with roughly 70% alcohol and 30% of PPG and there you are..your Flutamide lotion is ready for 10% of the cost.

I would use a 1% solution or even less because of the side effects.

If you cannot bear the side effects, you can at least use the remaining of the Vodka to fix up some strong cocktails, and the PPG can be used in car radiators as an antifreeze...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Off topic i know, bad mod, but, El dutasteride, a question if you will...since you have the most intriguing regimen here, i want to know what you think about RU 5761? maybe hard to gauge it with all the other treatments you take but, be interesting to hear your opinion.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Off topic i know, bad mod, but, El dutasteride, a question if you will...since you have the most intriguing regimen here, i want to know what you think about RU 5761? maybe hard to gauge it with all the other treatments you take but, be interesting to hear your opinion.
RU 5761 ? never heard of this one..did a search but could not find anything. are you perhaps referring to RU58841 ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
$tackz said:
You can still order flutamate in a 'liquid' base from http://www.genhair.com. Sure it works off a systematic mechanism but at such a low dose I doubt the side effects will be too bad.

If it works off a systemic mechanism, then why even go to the trouble of applying it at all to your scalp? Why not just swallow some of it?

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
$tackz said:
You can still order flutamate in a 'liquid' base from http://www.genhair.com. Sure it works off a systematic mechanism but at such a low dose I doubt the side effects will be too bad.

If it works off a systemic mechanism, then why even go to the trouble of applying it at all to your scalp? Why not just swallow some of it?
Peace of mind? Not wanting to swallow amounts of alcohol and ppg/w.e other sh*t they put in there?

Besides, I'd rather have the flutamide have to pass through the hair follicles to get into the system, rather than have to digest it internally.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Also it's easier to put a metered 10-20mg dose on your head, than it is to break that same dose off a 250mg flutamide pill.. In case you're gonna come back with that.

I really don't see the logic in that I guess. Even though it does get absorbed, there's reasons why someone would use something topically as opposed to swallowing.

Petchsky

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
Petchsky said:
RU 5761 ? never heard of this one..did a search but could not find anything. are you perhaps referring to RU58841 ?

Yep, that's the one, can never remembe rthe numbers

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
How about Androgel? That's testosterone replacement therapy. The whole purpose of that is so it gets systematically absorbed. Why don't they just eat the gel? :roll:

el_duterino

Reaction score
Regarding Ru58841, this drug is very effective as a topical anti-androgen. Perhaps more effective locally than flutamide and certainly has less side effects than flutamide.

But It still has some side effects than i can notice now. RU58841 has a very shorty life of 1 hour and breaks dow in plasma. However, one of the breakdown component is a weak anti-androgen with a much longer half-life.

This systemic anti-androgen will cause "some " milder side effects, mostly prostate related. I noticed that my prostate did shrink after sometime.

Lidibo is a bit lower on RU but not as bad as on flutamide.
No brain fog/tiredeneness to notice, which I had on flutamide.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks el dutasteride :) I've only ever known one person who had taken it, and he had decent success.