Diffuse Thinning vs male pattern baldness?

Nostromos

Reaction score
Sorry newbie here.

Reading the boards I can't tell if I have male pattern baldness or Diffuse Thinning. I am leaning toward the Diffuse Thinning side of things I think.

Assuming i have DT, are the treatments different or is it all the same thing but it's just labeled different (DT vs male pattern baldness).

Is there an advantage of one vs another?

Thanks in advance...

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness comes in all shapes and forms, in case you don't know, it means male pattern baldness, which includes diffuse thinning.

How old are you? when did you first notice your hair was thinning?

There are only two treatments that may help, one is finesteride (called propecia or proscar), a tablet and the other is minoxidil (usually called rogaine or regaine, depending on where you come from) this is applied to your scalp.

Nostromos

Reaction score
I am 34 and I started noticing my scalp through my hair at 27...but over the past few years if I combed/styled it right I could pass it off. As I get older this is getting way harder and harder to do and I now fully repect/appreciate/understand the 'comb over'. Essentially I have been doing comb overs successfully.

They aren't working anymore. Hairline is actually okay..as well as temples. For now at least who knows later.

I tried propecia a couple years back and had some really bad sides so i got off.

I may need to get on minoxidil...

Thanks for the reply but I think I'm going down the rat hole of just "Im screwed, people can see my scalp now no matter what". And i just need to contemplate a buzz cut (which is essentially what I have) or all bald. People say a buzz cut looks better but from what I can tell it really doesn't...it will accentuate the problem because my hair so so thin....

Oh I miss my good comb over days...I bet each hair type (MBP or DT) has it's own styling issues.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Post a pic if you want an opinion.