Do I even have the right to breed?

docj077

Reaction score
Erik D said:
docj077 said:
Human brain doesn't work that way.

Ever hear of neuro-linguistic programming?

Yes, I have, and it's a completely worthless methodology. All aspects of NLP that are worthwhile for patients did not originate within the confines of NLP. It is no longer used by anyone who is scientifically and medically capable, nor has its use ever been proven in studies. There have been advancements is psychotherapy, because of specific aspects of NLP (which existed before NLP was developed), but never within the realm of NLP.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Mike Judge's movie "Idiocracy" basically laid out the situation with who is breeding and who isn't.

You can choose not to breed to improve the stock of the world, but the stupidest & most incapable people on earth are the ones having all the kids anyway. We need children from people like you & me just to help dilute the effects of the all morons.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hey dude, don't think that narrowly, I am pretty sure you have many good characterics that will make you very sucessful in life, GL with your hair brotha!

s.a.f

Reaction score
askas said:
I have exactly the same thoughts, but the best thing is that nobody wants to breed with me too! So this is mutual! :jump:
If you have really bad genetic illnesses, I would suggest not to breed, so that your non-existing children won't blame you. I know this sounds rude, but we are men with you, let's face it:if you are really ill, ugly, etc., why to continue this horror? If you feel your life is miserable bc of just your looks and genes, or when you look in the mirror, stop it...don't pass it on, that's the best you can do and save lives by not giving them birth. Not too bad imo. There are many healthy and beautiful people who are much better candidates. And not in terms of humanity, but how will you look in their eyes with the feeling of guilt???And going bying them drugs...think about it.
There are many more important and cool things in life than to breed and feed those stupid kids.
I'm sure Taug would agree with you. :agree: Yes you have a point and its a good theory but the problem is that most of the oxygen wasters out there dont realise that they are human trash and breed like flies. :youbet:
While the best of society dont.
Another problem is that most women want kids and it'll be a bit of a task trying to persuade your wife to adopt your approach. :crazy:
Many people feel its their obligation to have kids its how society tells it, but the truth is we are living on a severly overpopulated planet and the last thing we need is even more people.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not like genes are the perfect predicter of male pattern baldness anyway.

I'm the product of two totally hairy families. TOTALLY. I look just like everyone else except my hair is going fast and none of theirs is. I'm talking about both sides of the tree at least back to my grandfathers.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If it is'nt genes then what do you put it down to? Diet? Smoking? :roll: :shakehead:

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I still think it's virtually all genetics. But it's clear that the trait is passed on in inconsistent and somewhat unpredictable ways from one generation to the next.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats true of any genetic trait.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know.

But knowing doesn't make it any less infuriating. Espeically when you've grown up in a whole extended family with full heads of hair even into retirement age.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
askas said:
I have exactly the same thoughts, but the best thing is that nobody wants to breed with me too! So this is mutual! :jump:
If you have really bad genetic illnesses, I would suggest not to breed, so that your non-existing children won't blame you. I know this sounds rude, but we are men with you, let's face it:if you are really ill, ugly, etc., why to continue this horror? If you feel your life is miserable bc of just your looks and genes, or when you look in the mirror, stop it...don't pass it on, that's the best you can do and save lives by not giving them birth. Not too bad imo. There are many healthy and beautiful people who are much better candidates. And not in terms of humanity, but how will you look in their eyes with the feeling of guilt???And going bying them drugs...think about it.
There are many more important and cool things in life than to breed and feed those stupid kids.

That ugly ill man might happen to be a scientist who finds the cure for male pattern baldness.

Being ugly and ill won't necessarily affect one's intelligence. Life is not all about looking pretty.

IBM

Reaction score
I dont want to have kids of my own blood i prefer to adopt one.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
IBM said:

r u for real?

IBM

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
IBM said:

r u for real?

What i mean is that i prefer adopt because there's lot of children that dont have parents and their futures is uncertain not because of my genes.
If i adopt i would give great conditions like a protection and education.