Do I Have A Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness?

Will Alexander

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoke to a derm, said I had a "normal hairline with no evident signs of male pattern baldness" just worried and need more opinions please. I turn 22 in October.
20170220_153711.jpg
20170220_153520.jpg
20170218_210323-1.jpg
20170218_203006-1.jpg
20170218_202651-1.jpg
20170218_202537-1.jpg

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks great, dude. If a qualified dermatologist told you not to worry, don't worry! Live life.

Will Alexander

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the quick reply Austin, was just worried because my bro has thinned out loads. He's 27 but hasn't quite got a bald patch yet.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a family history, just keep an eye on it for now.

Will Alexander

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, I'm going to keep taking pictures every few months. Dads dad died with a full head of hair in his 70's. My dads hair line has gone way back but he's been on medical treatment for cancer for 9 yrs so that's most likely sped it up. Mums father lost it in his 60s.

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the quick reply Austin, was just worried because my bro has thinned out loads. He's 27 but hasn't quite got a bald patch yet.
No problem buddy.
It never hurts to keep an eye on it, but don't lose sleep over it. If your brother lost his at 27, it's definitely genetic, but you're still only 22 so it can be hard to tell. Like I said, keep an eye on it but don't worry too much haha.

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good idea keeping an eye on it, especially if it runs in your family. However at this stage the professional is who you want to listen to, you've got a perfect head of hair and no signs of that changing any time soon. I'd stop worrying about it but take photos every 6 months. If you notice any thinning, recession or difference at all, you can revisit the dermatologist and show the pictures to him etc. You can then jump on finasteride and likely keep the hair you have :)

Charles Rane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you're gonna die with a full head of hair.... lucky bastard

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks 100% like baldness to me in the hairline. Keep an eye on it, take photos every 6 months or so. Qualified derms are morons, they know less than the majority of people on these forums.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol jean luc you are you crazy ? for me the Op is 100% fine

Looks like how my hair looked at 18 and I thought the same as you even though I thought it looked a little receeded but wasn't sure. A few years later and I was a Norwood 3 and had wasted a lot of time and hair. There is definitely slight recession, that is not a teenage hairline. No harm in keeping watch.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure . me too i had the exact same thing i jumped on propecia but it didnt prevent the recession . But of course the op should try propecia

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks 100% like baldness to me in the hairline. Keep an eye on it, take photos every 6 months or so. Qualified derms are morons, they know less than the majority of people on these forums.

I don't agree, but OP does have the kind of hair that tends to bald fast. Fine light colored hair is usually the first to go.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see male pattern baldnenn, the sides are linear and full just a litlle U shape like Ewan McGregor.
BnCXZysIQAA-6gx.jpg