Do I need to start taking Finasteride after my hair transplant?

JustRegrow

Reaction score
I here contradictory things, some say hair from back of the head is resistant to DHT, and then I also hear after the transplant, need to make sure you are taking finasteride. So which is it?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I here contradictory things, some say hair from back of the head is resistant to DHT, and then I also hear after the transplant, need to make sure you are taking finasteride. So which is it?
Avoid Finasteride as it is a highly dangerous drug. Docs are so quick to prescribe that poison without informing the patient about the risks.

Your transplant will maintain regardless, worst case scenario you get another transplant in a few years.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Docs tell you to take Finasteride because the extra native hair growth will make their transplant appear to look better. And it can reduce the problem of you running out of donor hair in the future.

Your transplanted hairs are pretty permanent either way. If you have severe baldness in the recipient areas then the transplanted hairs may get mildly thinned out over time. This can happen even with Finasteride use.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Docs tell you to take Finasteride because the extra native hair growth will make their transplant appear to look better. And it can reduce the problem of you running out of donor hair in the future.

Your transplanted hairs are pretty permanent either way. If you have severe baldness in the recipient areas then the transplanted hairs may get mildly thinned out over time. This can happen even with Finasteride use.
When I had sexual sides from finasteride I went back to my hair transplant surgeon (naively, thinking he could help) and he gaslighted me and treated me like I'm just some silly hypochondriac guy. Those charlatans deserve to be locked up. In the future, humanity will look back and wonder why we took so many harmful, unnecessary drugs.

Last edited:

cuckthorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Avoid Finasteride as it is a highly dangerous drug. Docs are so quick to prescribe that poison without informing the patient about the risks.

Your transplant will maintain regardless, worst case scenario you get another transplant in a few years.
And another and another and another? You SHOULD have been 100% sure you were maintaining your hair BEFORE a transplant. Take it from me, if you continue to bald you're in for a world of hurt.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
And another and another and another? You SHOULD have been 100% sure you were maintaining your hair BEFORE a transplant. Take it from me, if you continue to bald you're in for a world of hurt.
No one can guarantee that hair will be maintained long term, no matter what. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

cuckthorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one can guarantee that hair will be maintained long term, no matter what. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
True dat brotha. However, it's best to be maintaining for several years. Increases your likelihood of not becoming a disfigured piece of sh*t that yearns to slowly just grind off their entire f*****g scalp with a dull tile saw.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
A hair transplant without finasteride is just asking for trouble unless you've reached your final balding pattern. In which case it's pretty pointless getting a transplant as there's only so much a transplant can do for you.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair transplant without finasteride is just asking for trouble unless you've reached your final balding pattern. In which case it's pretty pointless getting a transplant as there's only so much a transplant can do for you.
I reached my final pattern and out of everything I had tried, the transplants were actually the only thing that worked for me and changed my life for the better.

I will say it made a world of difference. Like a million times better.

At the same time I also acknowledge that I was a rare case.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I reached my final pattern and out of everything I had tried, the transplants were actually the only thing that worked for me and changed my life for the better.

I'm glad it worked out for you, I didn't want you to end up like someone like Callum Best who is always fighting against additional loss with more transplants and running out of donor area.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you, I didn't want you to end up like someone like Callum Best who is always fighting against additional loss with more transplants and running out of donor area.
That's what all those dermarolling, minoxidil, head massage, keto shampoo, etc dudes do on a daily basis anyway :)

cuckthorn

My Regimen
Reaction score

How do you know this? How old are you?