Do you daydream about hair?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
s.a.f said:
Believe me there are guys who are effected by it for 30/40+ yrs. Saying get over it is easy, but not everyone can.

A lot of people like to do that. They think a cookie cutter approach works for everyone. I don't know how I can get over it when I don't look like my peers at all. Yes I see bald guys every now and then but it's not common to see young guys who are complete slick NW6's and aren't a fat slob or dark skinned guy. Covered, I look like a ok looking dude. I look like everyone else. Without it, I just don't. How do I get used to that? I mean I am trying to push through but I can't see a time where I"ll ever be comfortable with it until I am 60.
I am the odd man out amongst my group of friends too. I never expose my head when I am around them. With my hat on, people think I am in my mid twenties. With it off, they think I am forty something. That is how big a difference having hair vs not is.

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
[quote="s.a.f":2eoqcpu9]

Believe me there are guys who are effected by it for 30/40+ yrs. Saying get over it is easy, but not everyone can.

A lot of people like to do that. They think a cookie cutter approach works for everyone. I don't know how I can get over it when I don't look like my peers at all. Yes I see bald guys every now and then but it's not common to see young guys who are complete slick NW6's and aren't a fat slob or dark skinned guy. Covered, I look like a ok looking dude. I look like everyone else. Without it, I just don't. How do I get used to that? I mean I am trying to push through but I can't see a time where I"ll ever be comfortable with it until I am 60.

And when you're 60 how do you think you'll feel about all the other 60 yr olds the majority of whom will still be NW2's and 3's?[/quote:2eoqcpu9]

WTH? the MAJORITY of 60 year olds being Norwood 2-3? i don't believe that.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lot of people like to do that. They think a cookie cutter approach works for everyone. I don't know how I can get over it when I don't look like my peers at all. Yes I see bald guys every now and then but it's not common to see young guys who are complete slick NW6's and aren't a fat slob or dark skinned guy. Covered, I look like a ok looking dude. I look like everyone else. Without it, I just don't. How do I get used to that? I mean I am trying to push through but I can't see a time where I"ll ever be comfortable with it until I am 60.[/quote]

And when you're 60 how do you think you'll feel about all the other 60 yr olds the majority of whom will still be NW2's and 3's?[/quote]

WTH? the MAJORITY of 60 year olds being Norwood 2-3? i don't believe that.[/quote]

Sad but true.
Stats say that 50% of men have some hair loss by age 50. My guess is that NW2's are included in that 50%. 60 year olds will have some thinning, sure, but the majority will certainly be NW3 or less.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
All I know is it sucks being jealous of old men with great hair. Once this older couple saw me and grandpa was looking at me with this sh*t eating grin like he somehow has more virility than me to be able to keep his hair. I hate it when people tell me that I need to accept my baldness as a sign of getting older. I'm 34, not 64. Not everyone understands the distinction between age related hair loss and male pattern baldness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
barcafan said:
s.a.f said:
And when you're 60 how do you think you'll feel about all the other 60 yr olds the majority of whom will still be NW2's and 3's?

WTH? the MAJORITY of 60 year olds being Norwood 2-3? i don't believe that.

Yes almost all men will experience some degree of hairloss but if you're talking actual baldness (which I class as) NW5/6/7 then only 3 in 10 will ever get that far gone and only 1 in 10 is unfortunate enough to experience it by the age of 30 (like me UCman and Hatprisoner).

The point is theres hairloss and theres baldness and the 2 are not the same to experience.
Likewise theres losing hair at an old age after enjoying it as a youngman 20/30's and theres not even being able to have hair in the prime of your life (like me UCman and Hatprisoner).

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But what can you do?! thats life, deal with it, or live with it... save money and get an hair transplant, or buy a rug.... other then these 2 there is NOTHING a nw5+ can do...... the "cheapest" way to deal with it is accepting it...(im heading the nw5-6 by 30 route myself...and im a student i cant even afford a cheap rug!! ><)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Smooth said:
But what can you do?! thats life, deal with it, or live with it...
Thanks for the helpful advice. Might aswell shut down this forum and just replace it with a quote 'Baldness? - sh*t happens, Deal with it!!!'

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
'Baldness? - sh*t happens, Deal with it!!!'
ROFL

im not saying that with a smile on my face you know.... not that far behind you and UM, most likely ill hit at least nw5 by the time i get there.... and that advice is still valid tho, as you dont have other routes now do you?! :shakehead:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Head tatooing...but contributing to this site IS how I deal with it, as is how you deal with it too Smooth, recalling your own negative posts. Considering the lack of options for nw5+ such as myself and a few others here, venting, bitching, whining, crying whatever you want to call it is an option I reserve.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Considering the lack of options for nw5+ such as myself and a few others here, venting, bitching, whining, crying whatever you want to call is an option I reserve.

If that's what makes you feel better i retract what I've just said... (i still belive that hair transplant/Rug/Acceptance {or atleast the illusion of acceptance} all are poor-yet way better routs.. again.. without a smile on my face)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Smooth said:
If that's what makes you feel better
It's all I have....so, yeah. Impact section, who knew? :dunno:

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
emex4 said:
Honestly, hatprisoner91, I know I've been a dick to you in the past, but why are you still dwelling on it and telling everyone how youd give anything to be a NW3?

Its not gonna happen. Its impossible. Youve been bald for 10 plus years. You're like 35 years old. Time to be a grown up and move on.

Yep, better to do nothing than try and be productive with your life.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know he can't hear me because he has me on block but- Shut up Obsidian!

Obsidian

Reaction score
UM if you're responding to me you're still on ignore and I don't plan to take you off it either.

amsch

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
UM if you're responding to me you're still on ignore and I don't plan to take you off it either.
Obsidian, not just refering to this topic, but you truly are an idiot.

barcafan

Reaction score
Whats the point of the block function? UM isn't a spammer, are you scared of seeing his replies?

Man up

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

I don't know what happened between you two but I say forgive and forget. I've had some nasty arguments with him too but UCM is absolutely brilliant and I read everything he posts.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
And when you're 60 how do you think you'll feel about all the other 60 yr olds the majority of whom will still be NW2's and 3's?

One when I'm 60 I don't care about how I look as it's not a factor anymore.

Two, MOST completely bald people are older. That is just fact so it's not like the odd man out anymore.

Sure I'll always want hair but the degree will be MUCH less. It would be like if i was a NW3 right now. Sure it's want all my hair but I would feel better than I do now.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

Yes because that iswhat we are talking about , SIGH.

You can't help how you feel. You can't help but feel weird when you are the one young bald guy amont 50 young guys who have hair.

Try going to a party where everyone there speaks some language you don't know. Try being the odd man out like that. You wouldn't be comfortable. But you have the choice to leave. Cant leave being bald.

I think what is worse is people who DO have most of the hair and still come on here and complain.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
metropolis said:
Obsidian said:

I don't know what happened between you two but I say forgive and forget. I've had some nasty arguments with him too but UCM is absolutely brilliant and I read everything he posts.

Thanks Metro. Saf posted a picture of obsidian (looks like a kid) with no hairloss @ all and I thought the picture was of the op. So based on what the op said, I kinda went off and obsidian thought I was talking to him. It was a misunderstanding and I have since apologized and even went as far as to post some encouragement on one of his threads but he probably never got to read them since he blocked me. I still sleep good @ night though. :jackit:

HatPrisoner91 said:
Obsidian said:

Yes because that iswhat we are talking about , SIGH.

You can't help how you feel. You can't help but feel weird when you are the one young bald guy amont 50 young guys who have hair.

Try going to a party where everyone there speaks some language you don't know. Try being the odd man out like that. You wouldn't be comfortable. But you have the choice to leave. Cant leave being bald.

I think what is worse is people who DO have most of the hair and still come on here and complain.

So true, Prisoner. Ob just doesn't get it. The only way he can relate is his height. If people were laughing @ him in public and calling him names, then he would have a point of reference. That would be unlikely though as being short is not as bad as being bald, nowhere near the same ballpark. It seems the majority of people on here have little to no hair loss @ all... have you seen those hair loss blogs? I'm beginning to think they are hiring hair models to post profiles. :shakehead: I saw this one kid who was only like fourteen with this huge helmet of hair. WTF?