doas's story - (23 years old)

doas

Reaction score
Ok let me give you some background info first. I'm 23, I have a great job at this expensive restaurant as a busboy. I get paid $10-12 an hour for hardly any work and most of the time I'm just chatting it up with one of the cute hosts or waitresses. I mean I just found my dream job (until college is complete). I live right across the street from the place in a gated community and it's just perfect.

EXCEPT for i'm balding like a mofo. About a year ago I started working out and noticed my hair was thinning. So i immediately got on propecia to stop the hair loss. I was on it religiously until i moved back to my hometown and just kept forgettin to take it. Then i noticed my hair was falling out a great rate so I went back on it. I've been on it for a week now hoping it will stop the hair loss. I also use nizoral shampoo 2%. I'm one of those guy's that just has a weird shaped head so being bald looks bad on me...especially since i look so young for my age.

The sad part is, I'm actually thinking about moving to the cook area just so i can wear a hat. Though if i do that i cant talk to the cute hosts and slack off. If i go to the cook area it's hotter, more work, and a little less pay but more hours. Also im thinking the heat stress will increase hair loss even more. It's just a sucky situation to be in. Any advice on what I should do?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I just found out this cute host likes me. The only reason i havent' done anything with her is because 1. She works with me so if we break up, i have to see her everytime and i just love my job so much i dont know if id want to deal with that...maybe i should its a tough one 2. I'm baldin like a mofo lol I need to get this sh*t under control or soemthing

RaginDemon

Reaction score
23 working as a bus boy aint really ideal my friend.

I started working as a Financial Analysit when I was that age. It seems to me that hairloss hasnt affected you THAT much from your post.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Losing hair like a mofo, changing my life...

I'm sorry, you're probably being serious, but after you described being a busboy at 23 as a "great" job, it's hard to tell how serious your post actually is.

powersam

Reaction score
Re: Losing hair like a mofo, changing my life...

kalbo said:
I'm sorry, you're probably being serious, but after you described being a busboy at 23 as a "great" job, it's hard to tell how serious your post actually is.

he's working his way through college and enjoys his job. what could be wrong with that? he gets to slack off, talk to hot girls, and get paid for it. also probably doesn't have even a tiny bit of stress.

doas

Reaction score
Hello all, well I technically havent started college but let me explain. Basically im a spoiled only child who went to prep school up until 10th grade. I failed out that year and transfered to homeschool. It's basically really an online school and i had no teacher. So it took me 2 yrs to finish 11th cause i slacked off and did drugs with friends. Also i hate to admit this but im STILL in highschool as i havent finished the 12th grade. I have a little more to complete and then im done.

It makes me feel like crap that my parents have poured all this money into me and i still turn out a 23 yr old leecher. My parents pay for my groceries, car insurance, and my rent. I pay for watever else with my job. I know this sounds horrible and Im a total bastard for doin this to my parents. It just sorta happened this way and im definately not proud of my situation(even though i enjoy it, not to be funny). My dad just turned 60 and here he has his only son almost 24 and still not out of highschool.

Im addicted to pot, been smokin for 7 yrs, and i have asthma. I cough up gray stuff almost on command. Im worried about my health and scared what may happen to me because of it. Yet i still havent changed. I smoke everyday and keep tryin to quit. I cant even tell a friend these days "im done smoking"...they just laugh and say you always say that...

So thats a little about me. I'm far behind everyone, i know.

doas

Reaction score
Your absolutely right. Thats a big reason im having second thoughts with that girl from work. My background is pathetic...Maybe its time i just forgot bout girls and went towards securing a future.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
doas said:
Your absolutely right. Thats a big reason im having second thoughts with that girl from work. My background is pathetic...Maybe its time i just forgot bout girls and went towards securing a future.

BINGO

doas

Reaction score
Now would it be possible to secure a future, and get the girl with a nice full head of hair?

IBM

Reaction score
doas seems to me that you're happy with your life. Being late on grades or being a bus boy (i dont know what it is) does not make you inferior. And there are lot of girls that like to keep and treat a good looking guy even if he has no grades. Not all girls are hypocrit to think about money and career of their possible mates.

IBM

Reaction score
doas said:
Now would it be possible to secure a future, and get the girl with a nice full head of hair?

Make a child with the girl you're interested (and she's interested in you) and then your future is garanteed. And you'll giving a big present to your dad.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are all being harsh on the OP.

Working through college in a job you enjoy is great. Good for you.

My advice to you would be, keep your hair short and neat, get on the Big 3 treatments (finasteride, Nizoral and Minoxidil) and carry on enjoying your life.

:)

IBM said:
Make a child with the girl you're interested (and she's interested in you) and then your future is garanteed. And you'll giving a big present to your dad.

Errrrmm.. no :roll:

powersam

Reaction score
stampede said:
You are all being harsh on the OP.

Working through college in a job you enjoy is great. Good for you.

My advice to you would be, keep your hair short and neat, get on the Big 3 treatments (finasteride, Nizoral and Minoxidil) and carry on enjoying your life.

:)

IBM said:

Errrrmm.. no :roll:

word. least he's trying. something all of us on this forum can understand.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
doas seems to me that you're happy with your life. Being late on grades or being a bus boy (i dont know what it is) does not make you inferior. And there are lot of girls that like to keep and treat a good looking guy even if he has no grades. Not all girls are hypocrit to think about money and career of their possible mates.

Yes, it does. I hate to sound like an inconsiderate a**h**, but he's almost 24 and still in high school? No woman is going to want to mess with someone who doesn't have his sh*t together at the age of 24... except maybe a woman who's also in a spiral of failure.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He's having a good time in school, has a job he enjoys and is confident with women.

I am quite envious really.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
stampede said:
He's having a good time in school, has a job he enjoys and is confident with women.

I am quite envious really.

oh yah envious of a guy who is 24 and still in HS...heck if i was 24 and still in college i would be disappointed with myself. He is lucky his parents are helping him out.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
My parents stopped helping me financially as soon as I graduated from school.

I hate to sound like an ***, but you should be having a decent job when you are 24 yrs old.

Without a good job, it's almost impossible to KEEP a great gf even with a great head of hair.

everything costs money nowadays and you gotta prove to your woman that your able to walk on your own feet.

Best of luck man