Does Beta Sitosterol Regrow Hair?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I assumed it was obvious from the context that we were referring to the use of topical fatty acids as 5a-reductase inhibitors, not anything having to do with the alleged effects on inflammation.

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
taking the thread off topic...

tell me more about inflammation. Is excess ALA the main cause, or are there other biggies we should know about? I avoid soda, hydrogenated foods, and other junk food.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would be doing a disservice to the book “Inflammation Nationâ€￾ if I did not recommend it. The book goes into omega3 to 6 ratios. It also discusses things like why farmed fish are bad for you and how we as humans are creating unhealthy things to eat.

CCS

Reaction score
what is the best way to avoid farmed fish? are mackerel farmed?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
what is the best way to avoid farmed fish? are mackerel farmed?

Pretty much anything you buy at the supermarket is farmed. Go to a natural foods market, that's your best bet. If the package says injected with color (may only apply to salmon), it's farmed fish.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS - Any fish that is "deep water" should be safe. I cannot make an absolute statement as many companies practice misleading advertisements.

Try a "Whole Foods" or "Trader Joe's". Those places will have these things marked as these types of products are their niche.