Dogs3's Story - (Age 22, recently started treatments)

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im currently 22 y.o. I started thinning probably around early 19 although i didnt notice it. Late '04 I noticed thinning while my hair way long but then got it cut short and it looked good so i figured it was in my head. I also researched online and found Procer*n and started taking those pills so i figured i was set for life. Big mistake.

Late 06 i started to notice I was thinning even when my hair was cut short it started to become evident. I was like wtf? and ordered the procern serum too which sucked. Still though, I was just receding at the temples a little bit and my hairline was pretty much intact so i didnt worry. That is until summer 07. I had my hair around 3 inches or so and it looked fine but then got it cut and i realized my hair line was different. It had receded a bit. So after countless hours i discovered that procern was a good suppliment at best for your hair but certianly wasnt going to stop male pattern baldness.

Got on Propecia July 24th, so far this is like a 3 month update. And thus far I have to admit im dissapointed in the results. Ive thinned a great deal throughout front and temples although my top is still intact. Im at that very very fine point where if i dont cut it too short infront the average person might not think i had a hairloss problem but i can definitely notice and so did my barber.

So i'm 3 months into propecia with thinning in front as my results so far and about 3 months into niz1 1% every 5 or 6 days. Im not pissed off though (yet) because i realize that propecia takes about 8-10 months to even show results and i cant complain really about the sides. I may have some water retention but i just run it off and im back to normal for the day and its prolly in my mind anyway, my face prolly just looks more bloated because ive been receding.

Anyway, im starting Rogaine foam in 1 week it looks like whenever the shipment gets in. Im kind of afraid of the sides there but i ordered some dandelion root too so i can take it to help combat possible water retention, so I'll be on the big three by Nov 4 or so.

I dont have Pics yet but i do have some stored on my phone, as soon as i figure out how to add them here i will (they are at the 2 month mark of propecia). I'll take pics again in another 3 months and i'll see how it goes.

I'd like to add that if it werent for forums like these id probably be much worse off. At least i can feel like im doing something to help my situation, but i guess only time will tell whether r not i wasted countless hours and dollars or made a great decision with the treatments. Good luck to everyone else.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Dogs3 Story

I went from minor thinning to krazy thin after first getting on treatments, but after couple months, hair starts to thick up like krazy, and even my temples started to fill in. My suggestion is to stick to it for a yr like recommanded and then judge the final result. GL man!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey thanks Ragin, i'm a little pissed about it but i realize its early and this might be a good sign. A couple questions though: What treatments are you on? The big three? Also, how long would you say it took for you to start noticing they were helping? Also did you have any sides worth noting?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
Hey thanks Ragin, i'm a little pissed about it but i realize its early and this might be a good sign. A couple questions though: What treatments are you on? The big three? Also, how long would you say it took for you to start noticing they were helping? Also did you have any sides worth noting?

I am on big 3, I have been on it for 7 months now.

Things got pretty nasty after 3 months, but it gradually picked up after the that, I definitely have regrow on the top and on the temples and the existing hair has thicken up a lot. I had pretty bad sides when I first started treatments, I had watery semens, low libido, and brain fogs from finasteride, but they gradually went away. You really have to stick with it for a while to give it a fair evaluation. I hope it does wonders for you man!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thanks man, im glad to hear its working well for you. Hopefully i get similar results i'll update in a couple months. I think i caught my hairloss in the knick of time, it isnt revealing yet but im kinda afraid that the possible minoxidil shed will reveal it more, but hey, if its worth it in the long run its worth the shot. Good luck to you too.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

thanks bro

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey i noticed on another post that you did scalp exercises and it might have helped add to the success of the foam? Did you find these online, how do you do them are they simple?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

alright well, rogaine foam did not go as planned. As some of you might have seen on the minoxidil forum, i posted that i had what i believe to be an allergic reaction. It was odd though because it didnt come on until about 10 hours after applying it. I applied it around 730pm, and at around 5am i woke up with stinging and tearing eyes, i had to wash them out immediately. It was discouraging but i thought that it may have been a case of applying too much and then rolling over into the residue in my pillow. The next day though i tried it again and i was extremely flushed all day, but luckily no stinging eyes.

So what i think i'm going to try doing is applying some on my arm or something just to let it get into the bloodstream and see if i get a similar reaction, maybe i'll just have to get used to the stuff.

I cant really complain though because if i had to choose which medicine that i got sides from, finasteride or minoxidil, i'm glad its not the finasteride that gives me sides, so thats definitely a plus.

I think for now though i'm going to use spectral rs with aminexil which i get no sides from (but is odd because i read that aminexil is very similar to minoxidil) anyway it seemed to help thicken my hair up the two months i used it over the summer. So im on propecia, nizoral, spectral RS, saw palmetto currently.

Btw, anyone who got sides from foam and who didnt get sides from the 5% solution let me know as i might try the solution, prolly a long shot though but what the hell.

I'll update 5 or 6 months in on finasteride with pics once i stop getting lazy about trying to figure the whole thing out.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

good plan, best of luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

if finasteride and minoxidil don't work to my liking, i will give it a try.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

im gonna use it until i get dr lees minoxidil in the mail. I feel like the foam might have been giving me problems plus for some reason i just could not stand the smell, i know some people like it but i don't. Dr lees is supposed to be less greasy and faster drying, i'll update when i get it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

GL man

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Want to mark this date. Started up with Dr. Lees minoxidil yesterday. Ive had no evidence of allergic reaction yet and its looking like i probably will not. However, It still leaves that sticky feeling on my hair after applying it but much less so than the foam. I guess ill have to learn to deal with it unless i find something better. I'll probably just end up putting on less in the morning and only on my hairline and temples and do the whole head at night. Hopefully this stuff works.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

is Lee's minoxidil much more expensive than the foam?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

http://www.minoxidil.com

Not at all, its less, foam costs $24 i think and lees standard minoxidil costs $16. Pretty good stuff, no sensitive reactions or anything i think that experience i mentioned earlier with the foam was just because it got into my eyes somehow. Anyway, lees is cheap and dries quickly, literally like under a minute. The only thing is you have to fill out a consultation form and send it into him, but it only takes 2 mins and throw it in the mailbox. Plus Lee responded to all my questions within a day although i dont know if im sold on his other formulas like the xandrox stuff but the minoxidil is good. Why, are you thinking of giving his stuff a shot or what?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

thats a good price, hope it helps you.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ragin, do you use the foam only once a day? How is it working for you?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i ask because i am caught between using either the foam or dr lees. I have both, and decided to give foam a go today for the hell of it, i just squirted it directly onto my scalp instead of screwing with the measuring. I actually liked it it took no time to apply. But im afraid of all these horror stories people are having with the sheds.