Dogs3's Story - (Age 22, recently started treatments)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
Ragin, do you use the foam only once a day? How is it working for you?

I honestly didnt experience that much regrow from minoxidil alone....my temples and crown filled it a little after I start finasteride + minoxidil

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quick update, Ive been on Propecia exactly 4 months and minoxidil 2 weeks.

There is no doubt in my mind that i'm seeing regrowth along my temples, especially the right one, a lot of little hair, some vellous, mostly terminal now, are popping up which i am happy about. I have this marker terminal hair which popped up about 2 months ago while on propecia that i use now to judge my hairline. It came very low considering my right temple was pretty bear and i though it was odd. Ever since starting minoxidil other have come up along it and its starting to grow denser.

However, It seems like although i see these new hairs popping up my hair is thinning out. Ive read enough forum posts and success stories to realize that this MAY be a good thing and it may bode very well for my hair in the future. Still though, it is a b**ch to go through because i simply can't make a good judgement on my overall hair. When wet, it looks like sh*t and looks like im balding like a bastard, but when dry it looks perfectly fine. I guess i'll see where im at when i get my haircut this week.

Ill try posting pics but they wont do much good because my baseline ones were taken on my cellphone cam which sucks. Anyway, anyone who has experienced similar growth while shedding thing im having your input it welcome. ill update at the 5 mo mark on propecia which will be about a month and two weeks into minoxidil.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it seeems like you are on the right track...I know what you mean when you said your hair looked like sh*t when it was wet. I think we all have that problem, I hope it gets better.