Dont feel confident amongst people anymore

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
You look like your exactly an NW2 ie mature hairline. Isn't that perfectly normal for a 20 year old, as long as your hairs not thinning elsewhere?

Attachments

• hamilton-scale.jpg
    hamilton-scale.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 998
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 283

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It used to be much thicker in the back and the sides.The right temple was always slightly receded[even when I was a 10 yr old] and now it has receded further.I started to get really concerned when my left temple started receding at a nasty rate.Like I said,I definitely think the overall thickness has come down dramatically in the last four years. :(

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
This is absurd. Your hair looks normal - a little bit of recession but nothing too serious, especially if you start acting now. Instead of freaking out or feeling depressed, do something about it (try minoxidil and/or finasteride).

On your feet soldier!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern dude.I have started taking Saw Palmetto + Pumpkin Seed extract along with supplements like Zinc,Biotin,Omega-3,Vitamin B and I am currently using a neutral PH shampoo which my Doctor prescribed.He did ask me to try Minoxidil which I did for a couple of weeks but I grew sick of applying it as I couldn't even style my hair.Will certainly try finasteride if my current regimen is ineffective.

s.a.f

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Thanks for your concern dude.I have started taking Saw Palmetto + Pumpkin Seed extract along with supplements like Zinc,Biotin,Omega-3,Vitamin B and I am currently using a neutral PH shampoo.

None of that sh*t will do anything for m.p.b get on REAL treatments.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You mean to say its not even worth trying all this friendo ?I wouldn't mind using Propecia and Nizoral but I shall never use Minoxidil.This is certainly a predicament for any young man to be in but everybody else around me seem to have a great head of hair.I feel good only when I workout really hard but I would feel a lot motivated if my current regimen proves effective.I keep reminding myself this is not a disease,it is just a miserable condition to be in for anybody no matter how old you are... The real test is how well you adapt to this condition as this can determine how successful you are going to be in life...I am afraid despite all this knowledge,I feel helpless like many other men who are going through the same as me.Lets face it if majority of 20 year olds did show signs of balding,I wouldn't be here pissin and moaning here now would I ? Hair is an asset which makes you look healthy and especially youthful.Nobody would want to go bald even someone like Patrick Stewart would have been a lot happier man had he not been a victim of this son of a b**ch.

Its not that I am not doin a damn thing about it....I am trying to fight this as best as I can....I feel inspired when I read about how people like me have accepted this and moved on with their lives...

cuebald

Reaction score
he's saying that you can take all of the supplements and herbs you want, you'll still go bald at the same rate as you would if you only ate burgers every day. Avoid real treatments and stick to supplements if you think the shaved look suits you.

finasteride and the other anti-androgens, minoxidil, and Nizoral are the only things that give results above negligible.
If you want "every little helps" stick with Saw Palmetto and Copper Peptites, as these two things do help but only with slight results.

It's very hard to regrow the temples unfortunately.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
mpbsux20 said:
Thanks for your concern dude.I have started taking Saw Palmetto + Pumpkin Seed extract along with supplements like Zinc,Biotin,Omega-3,Vitamin B and I am currently using a neutral PH shampoo.

None of that sh*t will do anything for m.p.b get on REAL treatments.

S.a.f. is absolutely right. I also tried A LOT of vitamins and 'natural' products and none of that crap worked. Save your money and go for the real treatments: finasteride, minoxidil and/or Nizoral. Good luck and keep us posted!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@cuebald:Even the Doctor said it is highly unlikely that I would be able to grow hair on my temples again.I do have a chance of retaining what I have got for atleast another 8-10 years if meds work.What irritates me the most is that my grandad from my mum's side showed signs of balding only at the age of 40 and had a bald spot only when he was about 55.He is a NW5.5 now but still has plenty of hair at the back and sides of his head.

@metropolis:Sure thing dude....I am definitely going to try my best to fight this devil.I have also added Nizoral 2% to my regimen...Lets see whether it makes any difference...

Bocgam

Reaction score
Looks like a mature hairline to me. I wouldn't worry.

If you're really convinced you're losing, get on finasteride.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
same as your mentioned lost hope to speak everyone and only my mother and sisters understood my problem in 5 years of fighting i faced too much anoying things i faced .its horrrible when at age 17~28 ......god could've killed us before dht consuming our faith and hope.....

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
raj47 said:
same as your mentioned lost hope to speak everyone and only my mother and sisters understood my problem in 5 years of fighting i faced too much anoying things i faced .its horrrible when at age 17~28 ......god could've killed us before dht consuming our faith and hope.....

I feel the same way.