Dr Jekyll's Story - (*New* 14 Month Update Pics)

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Ive been using this site now everyday for the last few weeks and have been inspired to track my own progress on my new regimen.

A bit of background - currently 30 years young. My hairline started receeding when I was about 24/25 and by the age of 27 it had progressed all the way to at least a NW2 - which was fine, didnt bother me at all. Over the last couple of years, though, the crown and middle have started to thin very fast. Sh*t ill be a NW5 by the time Im 32. Any ways, having done some research, Ive started straight away on the big 3 (see my regimen).

Here are a few base line pics. It really has thinned out quick over the last couple of years - my hairline is probably about an inch higher than it used to be. I really hope to grow some back at the front.

Pics with as long as I dare grow my hair
baseline1am9.th.jpg

Pics with shaved grade 1 (1/8inch)
baseline2ji7.th.jpg

I find it a lot easier to apply the minoxidil with the hair this short - can really rub it into the scalp

Thanks guys, ill hopefully report back with some good progress in a couple of months

powersam

Reaction score
the only suggestion i would have is that what makes hairloss stand out is differences in thickness between parts of the head. ie/ if you went to a salon and got your hair textured, whereby the thinning bits were left slightly longer and the thicker bits were thinned out, your hair loss would be basically invisible.

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
the only suggestion i would have is that what makes hairloss stand out is differences in thickness between parts of the head. ie/ if you went to a salon and got your hair textured, whereby the thinning bits were left slightly longer and the thicker bits were thinned out, your hair loss would be basically invisible.

Yeah, I did exactly that for a couple of years. It really is too thin now - believe me. Here's a biger pic

baseline1am9.jpg

powersam

Reaction score
ahh i see, the different angles tell a new story. then minoxidil which you are already doing, Propecia and maybe spironolactone. with hair that short you could apply spironolactone 3x a day. in my mind spironolactone 3x a day is hard to beat.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take pics every 30 to 60 days, and keep track of stuff. You'll have more perspective when you see how much better your hair is.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
definitely improvement there!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
RaginDemon said:
definitely improvement there!

improvement of what?....he has JUST stared meds this month....those pics are all taken at roughly the same time frame.

My bad lol

I was comparing the first set of pics to the second set. The shorter hair makes it look like it's covering more areas.

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Jekyll's Story (1 month update pic) any better??

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd post a pic of my 1 month mark

What's your opinions (I know its early days)

Week 1
02072007photo3alu5.jpg

Week 5
03082007photo5zb4.jpg

Any thoughts appreciated :shock:

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
seems to be slightly more coverage at the front although the poorer lighting makes direct comparison difficult. For 1 month in tho, thats pretty good!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Progress is slow, brother, but there IS a reason to be optimistic!

Keep taking the Propecia religiously, never missing a day, if you can.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Aplunk said:
Progress is slow, brother, but there IS a reason to be optimistic!

Keep taking the Propecia religiously, never missing a day, if you can.

Aplunk, I thought you were planning to get back on dutasteride?

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
2 MONTH UPDATE
============

Wow, so its been about 10weeks now on the big 3 and things are looking good I think.

Please take a look at my comparison pics:
(Ive tried to get the lighting and angles as close as possible and my hair length is also the same)

____Week 0_________________Week 10____

(Excuse the hairy shoulders)

Heres are run down of changes/side effects I noticed so far: -
Weeks 1 and 2: Lowered libido, very watery semen
Weeks 3 and 4: As above plus started to notice tiny tiny pigmented hairs along my hair line
Weeks 5 and 6: Libido has returned to normal, semen is normal (maybe slightly thicker/less of), Lowered appetite
Weeks 7 and 8: Slight weight loss (probably due to lowered appetite)
Weeks 9 and 10: Completely back to normal. Hair-wise - Condition of hair all over is much thicker, still gaining hair along the hairline and now also have many tiny pigmented hairs coming in the temples too! (they're almost impossible to photograph)

Another good thing Ive noticed is the condition of my scalp - before it was really sore and inflamed but now it is silky smooth. Take a look at the pic below: (see all the redness and pimples compared to the 4th pic from above)

30052007photo3kv3.jpg

Thanks everybody

Ill post my next update at month 4 wish me luck

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
wow, great improvement! pleased?

You bet buddy!

- If its improved as much again by month 4 Im gonna grow it out - see if I can achieve a hairstyle :D

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
they are some great results, and only 2 months in! good luck mate!
ps. I noticed you mentioned scalp excercises in your regimen, can you explain a bit more about these?
cheers

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
easynow_UK said:
ps. I noticed you mentioned scalp excercises in your regimen, can you explain a bit more about these?
cheers

Yes - From this website
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_approach.htm

Somedays my scalp does feel 'tight' and I even start to get a headache (tension headache I believe) - anyway, after a couple of minutes of scalp exercising it completely clears up and my scalp feels 'invigorated'.

Try it out

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair improved, keep at it!

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Switch to Fincar

Just finished my last Proscar pill this morning

Ive got a 150 day supply of Fincar now. These should last until february so I hope they are legit.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dr_jekyll said:
[quote="easynow_UK":97d03]ps. I noticed you mentioned scalp excercises in your regimen, can you explain a bit more about these?
cheers

Yes - From this website
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_approach.htm

Somedays my scalp does feel 'tight' and I even start to get a headache (tension headache I believe) - anyway, after a couple of minutes of scalp exercising it completely clears up and my scalp feels 'invigorated'.

Try it out[/quote:97d03]

I do SE myself, I have been going at it for 3-4 months now, no improvements so far.