Dr john Crisler Discusses his fears on finasteride

Mens Rea

Reaction score
He-Bat said:
Dr. Crisler, can you tell me, do you know if men with higher DHT levels are less likely to experience sides from finasteride. I know 4 man that take finasteride, 3 are very hairy and have alot of facial hair and are slim, and they have no sides. The other guy has almost no body hair, shaves every 4 days and is slightly overwight, and he got terrible sexual sides from finasteride. Is there a pattern, in your professional experience?

Well im hairy etc and i got sides

I reckon a more overweight person might be more prone to sides as they probably has high estrogen already so an additional 15% incurred by finasteride could definately cause problems.

barcafan

Reaction score
Dr crisler;

Do you think the adrenal axis plays into this? With regards to lowered cortisol output?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
He-Bat said:
Colin297 said:
Tell me, did you feel any difference when you started taking finasteride 0,25 with zinc every day? Are you still doing that?

I didn't feel try that. I went from 1mg ED to nothing and i just slowly declined despite cessation.

Zinc doesnt seem to do much, even at 100mg 5 days a week which is probably too much.

Ende

Reaction score
Dr. John Crisler said:
Certainly there is an issue of imbalance at work. But it goes far beyond elevated estrogen (although men who did, or did not, take finasteride can present with elevated estrogen--THAT is an easy one to fix). The imbalances are probably numerous.
Indeed. Besides DHT, I've observed changes to testosterone (includes LH and FSH), estradiol, androstendione, prolactin (includes dopamine), SHBG and thyriod hormones. However, the main problem seems to be DHT deficiency and excessive estradiol. The others are just a part of the chain reaction. In my experience, DHT is what maintaines the T/E ratio.

Dr. John Crisler said:
Proviron works to bind Sex Hormone Binding Hormone (SHBG), thus freeing up more testosterone. This causes an effect as if SHBG level is lowered. So the guy feels the benefit of increased Free Testosterone. But within a day or so, the body senses the elevated FT, and responds by lowering gonadotropin output, so he ends up right back where he started.
Yes, it's said to bind stronger to SHBG than any other endogenous androgens, including DHT - thus freeing up androgens which clearly contribute to its effects, but more importantly, it works as a replacement for DHT. Symptoms of excessive estradiol subsides, and your sexual function recover. Your penis gets more responsive and sensitive, your erections gets much harder, and your prostate fluid turns white - which clearly is an effect from mesterolone. The point was, if we were dealing with androgen resistance, we wouldn't respond to a low dose treatment of Proviron.

Talking about depression. Did you know that it has been used to treat depression in men, vulnerable to andropause?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. John Crisler said:
Nene said:
I would like to know where Dr. Crisler gets the gall to say his product "stops hair loss" as if it's some sort of miracle cure. Any studies to back up that very lofty claim doctor?
Dude, what are you, the resident pit yorkie? LOL

You act as if you expect everyone in the world to be absolutely perfect, or they fall under your critique. SHEESH. Talk about "gall". lol

The background is I stumbled into Dr. Mark Gordon's Pre-Conference Track at A4M, thinking I had hours before I had to step on stage. Instead, he pushed me right out there, first thing. The tiny snippet you all have seen was about 5 minutes into my talk; and I was, admittedly, not warmed up. Sorry, I wish I had done better. My intent was to help others, not provide fodder for pathetic individuals to vent their morbid spleens.

Everyone here knows there are no magic fixes, or miracle cures, for the hairloss problem.

It's always much easier to criticize others than actually go out and carry the load yourself, isn't it? The world is full of armchair quarterbacks who couldn't get into a little league game. lol

Why don't you actually TRY reading the thread before you launch? I guess I need to repeat this AGAIN (get your sippy cup out). Real simple--and slow--for you: it's not "my product". I cannot sell it to any of you. It's a mixture that has worked, for many years, for many people, and everyone here can get it from whatever compounding pharmacy they want. I took the time from my too-busy day to post here because I hope that information helps some of you.

Too bad a few emotionally troubled individuals just have to whiz on everyone else's parade. Look how many have accumulated just in this thread. What's up with this? There are a couple fellas here who need to seriously Man Up!

I wonder how many people saw this coming, time to make the popcorn this could be a classic Meso Rx thread soon, lol

Why is it EVERYONE who disagrees with you has some mental issue ?

Why does a DR of all people feel the need to insult people who disagree with him time and time again ?

The fact is you said the product in that video "stops hair loss" spin it as you like but that statement was 100% wrong and you could have just said that without all the insults

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Leave it out HT55, why are you intent on being "that guy" that hounds a valuable poster? You're just being a common heckler. He honestly addressed your question, end of. Every forum Dr Crisler goes on to there's always someone poking at something trivial like its personal to them. It's completely inappropriate and i can't blame Dr Crisler for getting pissed off if there's a heckler at every corner.

Dr, you say in the video many individuals "have high testosterone levels but all the symptons of hypogonadism". Would you include someone like me in that bracket (i have much elevated E2 [setting the accuracy of my E2 test aside]) or do you refer to more to people who appear in range in terms of T/E but yet are showing these hypongonal signs?

Im just wondering because you mentioned in this thread, someone with high estrogen can be easy to fix. Emphasis on can. But i dont appear to have any other real imbalances.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Leave it out HT55, why are you intent on being "that guy" that hounds a valuable poster? You're just being a common heckler. He honestly addressed your question, end of.

If you only had a clue

BTW I never askeed him a question and never would I only defended to person he insulted

Now i will sit back and laugh as he diagnosis me with some some of illness and tells me to "man up" LOL

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Crisler,

I just read through this entire thread and I believe I am a textbook case.

I feel like I could write a book on my experience with finasteride.

You should take a look at my thread and let me know what you think. I am not very educated on the topic, so you can see the feedback from somebody with somewhat of a blind eye.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=55450&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Okay, the original question was from Nene but lets not go down this farcical route.

A top doctor comes on to help and the first question is how he can have the "gall" to do something. Childish.

I don't think anyone was insulted or needs defended either.

Lets drop this.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
If you disagree with him about the hair loss cream that's fine. But don't run off the only physician on this forum! This man is offering his advice and time for free! This is a vary valuable resource for those of us that have not been as fortunate as yourself, to not experience any side effects from Finasteride. Starting an arguement isn't going to accomplish anything!

Why would he run off ? I only asked him why he feels the need to insult people all the time.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Because he's been here before HT55. Every forum a professional goes to it seems like a common trend for some guys to pick at immaterial things and spoil things for everyone. Let's not be like other forums.

Nene

Reaction score
Dr. John Crisler said:
Nene said:
I would like to know where Dr. Crisler gets the gall to say his product "stops hair loss" as if it's some sort of miracle cure. Any studies to back up that very lofty claim doctor?
Dude, what are you, the resident pit yorkie? LOL

You act as if you expect everyone in the world to be absolutely perfect, or they fall under your critique. SHEESH. Talk about "gall". lol

The background is I stumbled into Dr. Mark Gordon's Pre-Conference Track at A4M, thinking I had hours before I had to step on stage. Instead, he pushed me right out there, first thing. The tiny snippet you all have seen was about 5 minutes into my talk; and I was, admittedly, not warmed up. Sorry, I wish I had done better. My intent was to help others, not provide fodder for pathetic individuals to vent their morbid spleens.

Everyone here knows there are no magic fixes, or miracle cures, for the hairloss problem.

It's always much easier to criticize others than actually go out and carry the load yourself, isn't it? The world is full of armchair quarterbacks who couldn't get into a little league game. lol

Why don't you actually TRY reading the thread before you launch? I guess I need to repeat this AGAIN (get your sippy cup out). Real simple--and slow--for you: it's not "my product". I cannot sell it to any of you. It's a mixture that has worked, for many years, for many people, and everyone here can get it from whatever compounding pharmacy they want. I took the time from my too-busy day to post here because I hope that information helps some of you.

Too bad a few emotionally troubled individuals just have to whiz on everyone else's parade. Look how many have accumulated just in this thread. What's up with this? There are a couple fellas here who need to seriously Man Up!

So was that rant another way of saying you misspoke when you said it "stops hair loss?" Also, since when do doctors give credibility to Yahoo forums? This time try answering without getting your panties in a bunch please. Thanks.

Nene

Reaction score
@ finfighter - I never once suggested that people who get side effects from finasteride are imagining them. I take claims of finasteride side effects very seriously and I suspect the 1% that Merck claims is complete BS. Also, propeciahelp.com is a great resource for guys who have problems with propecia and want to discuss solving it or just commiserate with others.I have no idea where you got the idea that I think finasteride does not cause side effects.

Anyway, I'm just asking the doctor some questions. Maybe I was a bit harsh with the word "gall," but I would expect a professional to respond professionally and not resort to childish name calling. You see, my quality of life has been seriously impaired by my hair loss. So to me, it's a slap in the face when someone says that their concoction "stops hair loss every time," if I remember the quote correctly. We all know that NOTHING stops hair loss every time, so for a highly trained and educated doctor to say that all I needed to do all these years was pay him 500 dollars so I could buy some shampoo and my hair problems would be solved, is quite frankly offensive. I see it as someone trying to take advantage of desperate people. If he has a medication or shampoo he thinks is helpful, by all means tell us about it. If he thinks finasteride is dangerous, by all means warn us, but to say that something "stops hair loss every time" and to cite yahoo forums as is irresponsible and misleading and he knows it.

Nene

Reaction score
Anyway, I'm done with this thread so you guys can go back to asking him all your questions w/o me spoiling it. I had a legitimate question, if he had studies to show that his medication worked so well, I would love to see them. But apparently that question only deserves a smart *** answer. All you guys can go back to asking your questions but I suggest that if you have side effects from finasteride that you actually go see a doctor!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
So was that rant another way of saying you misspoke when you said it "stops hair loss?" Also, since when do doctors give credibility to Yahoo forums? This time try answering without getting your panties in a bunch please. Thanks.