dr_jekyll's story - (New 6 month pics, recession)

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive not posted in a while, so I thought Id update my progress story with some 6 month pics:

Front: Baseline to 6 months

Side: Baseline to 6 months

Top: Baseline to 6 months

Really pleasing results - I now have enough thick hair to grow a hairstyle for the first time in about 3 years!

I was shocked when I first saw the side comparison pictures - I has no idea my hairline had crept so far back! :freaked2:

Anyway I'll post back in a few more months

Good luck all :jump:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: New 6 month pics

ummmm... the lighting is completely different in every comparison. It is sort of difficult to tell the amount of progress vs. lighting.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

good.

from what I can see it looks like your temples have grown out quite a bit. and your crown is def filling in. Also the front seems to have thicked up.

what is your regimn?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

yep, I would say. YOUR hair improved. :woot:

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score

KielMcK said:
good.

from what I can see it looks like your temples have grown out quite a bit. and your crown is def filling in. Also the front seems to have thicked up.

what is your regimn?

Oh yeah I forgot the regimen button stopped working.

Regimen;
1/7th Proscar daily (5mg per week)
Generic Minoxidil Lotion 2xdaily
Nizoral shampoo 3xweek

Supplements;
All daily: 1500mg msm, 1000mg Vit C, 315mg Green Tea Extract, 50mg Grape Seed Extract, 500mg Omega Oils

All since July '07

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

That is similar to mine except I use Rogaine Foam and had to stop using MSM because it started making me break out in hives.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I definitely see an improvement, keep it up bro!

aussie

Reaction score

Awesome results man! Gotta be happy with that :punk:

Do you have any sides from the proscar??

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I am amazed that you temples (not the hairline temples) actually grew back quite a lot too.

Great result man!

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes! I am very pleased with the temple area (Ive marked with blue arrows)

Ive markes in red where new thick hair is growing, and in green where new fine hairs are growing

Thanks for the comments guys

In response to aussies' question; yes I did get all the usual sides but they all cleared up after about 8 weeks - I feel great now; no sore, itchy, tingly scalp!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

do you apply minoxidil on your temple regions bro?

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score

yes, I apply it all around the areas marked above (and the crown aswell)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

dr_jekyll said:
yes, I apply it all around the areas marked above (and the crown aswell)

good stuff, I see good regrowth in a short period of time, hope good things keep coming!

:bravo:

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score

In response to TimAllen45 (pm) and anybody else who is interested;

I have drawn a diagram of where I apply the liquid minoxidil

I part my hair along the blue lines and spray 1ml along each line
Then I rub the minoxidil in around the green areas
(I do this twice per day 8am and 8pm)

I find the 60ml bottle of minoxidil lasts somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Excellent mate! And theres me been watching your other thread.

Your hair isn't far off mine now. My sides are probably better, but I haven't really seen any proper regrowth. I got a big shed and then slightly better than where I started. My hair looks very patchy at the minute, but I am sticking it out.

I can't wait to see how you respond after a year!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I compared your new pics to the ones that you posted in page 1, a great improvement!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the diagram! That was grewat of ou to take the time to do that!
You have definitely improved. Do you think you'll grow it out a little? Maybe spike it up in the front and down everywhere else? I think you may be able to pull that look off now!
Do you see where your slightly thinning in the front middle (you do not apply the minoxidil there however)? That is where my thinning originates. Mine is worse in the front middle, but my temples are in descent shape. My back half of head looks almost the same as yours. Do you think you'll attempt the foam? Later man, thanks and keep up the great work.-Tim

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you can just get minoxidil on your finger tips and rub it onto your scalp.

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Hey, thanks for the diagram! That was grewat of ou to take the time to do that!
No problem, Tim

timallen45 said:
You have definitely improved. Do you think you'll grow it out a little? Maybe spike it up in the front and down everywhere else? I think you may be able to pull that look off now!
Funny you should say-I've started to style my hair exactly like that-Its how I used to have it years ago

timallen45 said:
Do you see where your slightly thinning in the front middle (you do not apply the minoxidil there however)? That is where my thinning originates. Mine is worse in the front middle, but my temples are in descent shape. My back half of head looks almost the same as yours. Do you think you'll attempt the foam? Later man, thanks and keep up the great work.-Tim

Yes, I do see the middle but compared to how it was before, its definitely thickened up so the minoxidil (or finasteride) must be doing its job. As for the foam-Im not sure-It sounds harder to apply than the liquid!

Good luck to you