dr_jekyll's story - (New 6 month pics, recession)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I found foam a lot easier to use personally.

aussie

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
agreed, about a thousand times easier!! not to mention it dries in a minute or two

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
aussie said:
RaginDemon said:
agreed, about a thousand times easier!! not to mention it dries in a minute or two

How can a cap full of foam be easier to apply than squirting this straight at the scalp?

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
because the foam goes where you want it. The liquid runs off all over the place as well as all the other draw backs.

aussie

Reaction score
you squirt the foam straight onto the scalp aswell, theres no need to put it in a cap to measure and then apply

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
mmm... I may try it someday. G-UK where do you get yours from and how long does it last? Ta matey

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
because the foam goes where you want it. The liquid runs off all over the place as well as all the other draw backs.

yah the liquid runs down to my face sometime.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
bumpin this in the hope Dr Jekyll has some more progress for us....

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Chancer, thanks for your interest. Currently going through a bit of a shed at the moment-hence no updates.

Heres a month by month timeline of my progress so far. Starting from top-left to bottom-right

hairtimelinezg5.jpg

Best improvement so far was around february this year (pic 11) but now my hair is probably back to about the december pic (pic 9). Still pretty good though :punk:

Good luck to you matey

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG, you now have loads more hair than me. I am still slowly loosing mine. You are going to end up with a full head. Nothings bloody working for me! Congratts though!

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi , what do you think gave you the most regrowth? Is it the finasteride? or are you getting results from the daily supplement?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
When you compare the first pic to the final pic (even though your hair is longer) you can see a massive improvement. I think you should go for a hair transplant now to give you a full head of hair again now that its clear the meds are working for you!

You will look like a 21 year old again! :hairy:

antonio666

Reaction score
very impressive results,if you had got a transplant i don't think it would look as good as it does now,your hairline was norwood 3or 4 now it is about norwood 2.5 congrats

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great responses guys - excuse the rather large post I thought I'd share a few more images

In response to nicholaslim, I think its definitely the finasteride that is helping the most-I used to get a really oily forehead. Look at the picture below you can see all the redness and inflammation. This completely cleared up within a few weeks on finasteride.
30052007photo3kv3.jpg

I took this picture in 2003 - At the time I didnt realize it was so bad and didnt know that finasteride/min worked (it was never in the news, right!) - It wasn't until 2007 after seeing the success stories on this forum that I started on the meds.
dscf0021adw1.jpg

You'll like these pictures!! - I used my wifes mascara to thicken up all the new hairs along my hairline, lol :woot:
You can clearly see where my hairline used to be :freaked2: Hopefully all those new hairs will thicken up
photo4011292007iz2.jpg

Plenty of mascara is better than dermatch or toppik (and cheaper too) :mrgreen:
20122007photo16tv8.jpg

I have actually been out with the mascara to thicken up my hair!! no one suspected a thing :whistle:

In response to antonio/metalheaddude - I agree, I think a have moved from a Norwood 4 upto a Norwood 2.5.
As for the hair transplant - I did seriously think about having one with Dr Feller and I think I would have done if I was still single but my wife thinks it looks OK. I am 31 now so a mature hairline is not so bad

Ginger_UK have you posted any new pics recently? Maybe you should wait a year an then consider trying dutasteride?

I'll probably post some new pics in june - that'll be my 1 year mark

adios

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
almost back to NW2.... well done mate...

i must get some retina A if it helps the minoxidil absorb.... where do you get yours from?

Cheers

Chancer

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mate.

I'm definately loosing the battle. The front piece of my hair is slowly detaching itself. I'm not sure I want to try dutasteride to be honest. I might add Green Tea and Pumkin/Grape seed to my daily regieme. I've recently added hairmuck to my MIN, I am slowly running out of ideas though.

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't give up hope yet, G. I went through a really big shed earlier this year (march, i think) - my hair actually went back to as bad as baseline so I shaved it all off. Now its grown again its looking better than ever. I wouldn't say I've re-grown any new hair but the hair I did have is really starting to thicken up - I'll post some new pics soon.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent news mate. My hair is getting very fine behind the front section and at the top of my head. Until now I have had little problems with the vertex, it appears thats the next area to get me.