duterstride on frontal hariloss

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
has there been any studies on effective dutersteride is on frontal hairloss?
i am thinking about switching and i just want to ask if there would be any proof that it would be of any benifit

Rawtashk

Reaction score
People have reported that it helped their hairline...however...be prepared to ride out an INSANE frontal shed. I tried the dutasteride route about 4 months ago, and I shed like a MoFo. I could literally see my hairline thinning out every day. I finally decided that I couldn't take it after about a month and went back to finasteride. My hairline has yet to recover fully, but it's slowly getting more density.

I've read that I would have eventually gotten better frontal regrowth with dutasteride...but I just couldn't stick with it anymore.

No, I didn't have any sides either.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on dutasteride for 1 month and shed all over my entire scalp including some in the hairline, I have to be honest it scared me but I was patient and now it's growing back thicker and my hairline is coming back slowly. If you decide to go with dutasteride ride out the shed, shedding is a good sign that it's working, it's when you don't shed that you should be worried (what do you have to lose...besides hair?) plus I'm sure you have all the time in the world to wait for regrowth, just be patient it wont happen over night. Just remember shedding is scary but it's a good sign!

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
U dont go through the shedding phase and start to regrow in 1 month. Thats impossible. For That to be true, new hairs must have started growing the day u started taking it, and it doesnt work that way.

1st the drug must reach therapeutic plasma levels, then the hair has to go through shedding cycle, then the new hairs have to grow from the root to scalp, then outwards until it is noticable. This all takes at least 2- 3 months.

It is however possible that the regrowth is from another treatment started earlier. Or most probably, miniturized hairs being mistaken for new growth.
many ppl make this mistake, incuding myself. because miniturized hairs regrow and look like new growth.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
People have reported that it helped their hairline...however...be prepared to ride out an INSANE frontal shed. I tried the dutasteride route about 4 months ago, and I shed like a MoFo. I could literally see my hairline thinning out every day. I finally decided that I couldn't take it after about a month and went back to finasteride. My hairline has yet to recover fully, but it's slowly getting more density.

I've read that I would have eventually gotten better frontal regrowth with dutasteride...but I just couldn't stick with it anymore.

No, I didn't have any sides either.

Damn man you're scaring me, I switched to dutasteride about 1.5 months ago and I shed pretty bad during the first month but it seems like it's slowing down now. Another user said after 2 months he saw re-growth so I hope he's right.

ahmeda

Established Member
Reaction score
all this shedding sounds promising! haha

Iv been on Propecia for 5.5 years and I think it dramatically slowed down my hair loss.

however the past 6-7 months or so, I am starting to notice Propecia is losing its efficiency.

Im thinking of getting onto dutasteride

where is the best place to get it?

HOW do you all feel about the effect dutasteride is having? I guess the worse the shedding, the better the results eh ?

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
U dont go through the shedding phase and start to regrow in 1 month. Thats impossible. For That to be true, new hairs must have started growing the day u started taking it, and it doesnt work that way.

1st the drug must reach therapeutic plasma levels, then the hair has to go through shedding cycle, then the new hairs have to grow from the root to scalp, then outwards until it is noticable. This all takes at least 2- 3 months.

It is however possible that the regrowth is from another treatment started earlier. Or most probably, miniturized hairs being mistaken for new growth.
many ppl make this mistake, incuding myself. because miniturized hairs regrow and look like new growth.

Hair fell out a week after I started it, those hairs are growing back now, I'm not making it up I have no reason for that. I shave my hair very short, probably why I see things earlier then people with longer hair. everyone is different, why are you out to get me? I'm 21 years old my hair is healthy and in the beginning stage only reason I'm on dutasteride is for thicker hair and possibly regrowth in the temples. (I've been receding for 4-5 years)

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
im not out to get u. im out to get the truth out of everyone. not to say ur lying, but u might just be mistaken. I do actually hope for ur sake it is regrowth. i honestly do.

but i think u should take note of wat i say. im much older and have been thru wat ur going thru, i hav tried things, seen regrowth, watched it come and go, then grow back smaller . Ive been scammed many times, ive tried many things.

ur in the perfect position to benefit from wat myself and others have learnt about these problems. Instead of making the same mistakes we did.
Thats how we evolve, otherwise humans would never progress, we would just always replay the same journey over and over.

I say wat i know, based on my judgement, my opinion, my personal experience, And wat ive found to be true and false.

And the reality is, in my experience/ opinion, in the past, anyone who has claimed regrowth in 1 month, almost always turns out to be 1. lying. 2.mistaken. 3. just some spammer selling some crap.

or if it is regrowth for real, then they usually reveal , 'oh by the way ive been using minoxidil, or finasteride for 1 yr b4 i started said treatment, and that is the real reason.

ahmeda

Established Member
Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
I've been on dutasteride for 1 month and shed all over my entire scalp including some in the hairline, I have to be honest it scared me but I was patient and now it's growing back thicker and my hairline is coming back slowly. If you decide to go with dutasteride ride out the shed, shedding is a good sign that it's working, it's when you don't shed that you should be worried (what do you have to lose...besides hair?) plus I'm sure you have all the time in the world to wait for regrowth, just be patient it wont happen over night. Just remember shedding is scary but it's a good sign!

Mr_Reeses,

I really want your opinion please.

here's my story

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=68094&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I just put on my first applicaiton of Revivogen.

So my current new regime is 1mg Propecia, 5% minoxidil foam, nizoral, laser comb, Revivogen.

I'm thinking of ditching the laser comb, getting Sprio and also adding 0.5 dutasteride

please reply :)