Everclear/Grain Alcohol In the UK.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definitely DO NOT try and use Xandrox. Its already saturated. By that I mean there isnt any room to dissolve anything else. 15% minoxidil is hard enough to dissolve on its own.

I suggest what enden said. Crush your 1g of RU up as fine as you can get it. Use the back of a metal spoon or a knife and carefully squash it with the spoon or chop it with the knife. Do it until its fine powder. Then try and dissolve it in the Isopropyl Alcohol. Try shaking the bottle too.

From all reports on Faith Eagle RU it does not dissolve clear but rather like a milky color.

el_duterino

Reaction score
this is why I stopped using RU from FE and switched to the other supplier K: hard to dissolve powder and not as pure as it should be.

pure RU dissolves very fast into ethanol and becomes 100% transparent after a few seonds and some shaking.

FE always had some impurities floating.

Shaking it very a few times will help

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I've sorted it, it's completely dissolved now and the liquid is cloudy. It smells very strongly of the alcohol so I think I may have made the mixture a bit uneven.

What is the other supplier? And how do you go about ordering from them? I was very turned off Faith Eagle due to the need for a wire transfer, if it was possible to order differently from somewhere else I'd definitely consider it.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Duterino,

I posted the same question in another thread. Will the Everclear 151 proof (25% water) suffice as a vehicle if RU is insoluable in water? I would like to avoid any mistakes at $410 per 10 grams.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you need to use stronger ethanol than 75%.

If you cant find what your looking for where you live try using Isopropyl Alcohol. They sell 99% strength at chemists.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
I think you need to use stronger ethanol than 75%.

If you cant find what your looking for where you live try using Isopropyl Alcohol. They sell 99% strength at chemists.

Isopropyl alcohol is a larger molecule, it may not bind as well to RU and absrob as well as ethanol. I dont know. I am considering the 2% minoxidil as Enden has stated it has approx 50% ethanol. Where do I read the clinical trials for safety and efficacy? I am not a total guinea pig ya know.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
clinical trials for what?

isopropyl alcohol has been used in studies too.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, getting pissed off with this now.

Made a successful 10 day batch the other week, it was all fine. Shedding didnt stop completely, seemed like it may have slowed tho.

Attempted to make another, added IA with RU, left it over night as I had to go to bed for work. 4 days on and it STILL hasnt fully dissolved. The IA has became cloudy, which seems promising, but there are still sand like grains of RU floating around. I crushed some of them down, but it hasnt seemed to help.

What is going on here, or am I mixing this wrong? I havent added PG yet, as I thought it would dissolve effectively first.

Since being off it for maybe a week, shedding seems to have kicked up a notch.

Ende

Reaction score
A 6.25% RU58841 solution consisting of 62.5% PG, 37.5% IA? Why don't you use the original formula?

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres also IM and distilled water in there.

If by original formula you mean your 14 day example, I dont yet have scales which can accurately measure the needed amount of RU. Unfortunately I can only weigh in grams and seem to be having trouble finding scales which will measure what I need.

Ende

Reaction score
I paid more. I'm afraid it's the least you have to pay. Precision scales aren't exactly cheap. Do not buy a used scale. They're very sensitive. Rough handling will cause damage, and make it useless.

Ende

Reaction score
Yep, that's the one, but I have the new version. That's the old one.

I guess it's fine, but I recommend that you try the original formula.

Rogaine 5% works as a vehicle too. That's what I'm using.

Ende

Reaction score
image.php

This is the new version of Jennings JS-VG 20.

http://www.jscale.com/product/_vg_series.html