Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

SavingMyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least we stopped progression. I will wait further and see if the quality of the hair changes over the years.
The irony is that I'm already a Norwood 0, my hairline is perfect but the hair quality is so crappy I'm not happy about it.
Well, U might have but I def didnt stop anything. Keep shedding lot of miniaturized hairs.

SavingMyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with miniaturization. Vitamins, iodine do not work. I believe there is no cure for follicle regeneration. I thought it was estradiol, but I was wrong: its effect is too weak, like the effect of minoxidil
Unfortunately, I do not have a medical education to talk about what the follicles may lack in order to fully recover. But I know that what we need has not yet been invented.
Yeah I agree. U can stop further lost in the beat scenario and regrow, but what about texture? That will never be solved with AA, estradiol or even AR destruction.... Idk what could regenerate the texture tho.

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with miniaturization. Vitamins, iodine do not work. I believe there is no cure for follicle regeneration. I thought it was estradiol, but I was wrong: its effect is too weak, like the effect of minoxidil
Unfortunately, I do not have a medical education to talk about what the follicles may lack in order to fully recover. But I know that what we need has not yet been invented.
HGH and E2?

I have the same problem... Hair quantity is good but quality is worst

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
HGH and E2?
Everything is useless
I have the same problem... Hair quantity is good but quality is worst
This is a typical problem. I first read about this from an old Ikarus user. He also said that his growth line is not restored, referring to the quality of the hair.
How long have you been on HRT and what stage of Norwood did you have? I was Norwood 1 and in 2 years the quality of my hair hasn't changed. The quantity has increased, but the quality is absolutely the same, and this makes me despair.

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
On top of mixing it 5% I researched some minoxidil studies about vehicle penetration and found that 90% ethanol with only 10% PG is best for penetration of skin (when excluding water from equation which you dont have in RU opposed to minoxidil). Other studies (with water) suggested ethanol to not be below 75% and said best results are above 75%.
So my mixing today is 5% solution with ETH/PG in 90/10 ratio. Also I see much less flaking(dandruff) with less PG.
Perhaps you should create a topic with the knowledge you have in RU. RU should be the first line therapy for young people with baldness. Young people should not waste precious time on Finasteride monotherapy. Someday I will try RU and I am saving your messages to prepare the right solution.

SavingMyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide daily + Een Injections 5.5 mg weekly + dutasteride 0.5 mg EOD + Oral Minoxidil 3 mg.

As you can see this is only going backwards and the miniaturization is strong. Even with no androgens I'm still miniaturizing.....

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_213740.jpg
    IMG_20230423_213740.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20230423_214000.jpg
    IMG_20230423_214000.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20230423_213802.jpg
    IMG_20230423_213802.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 218

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people dont even visit this forum as there is tressless. My post with RU progress there is one of top posts so, many people tried it because of me. Most people that try and it works just leave and enjoy results like noah. Others are hardcore and tell me that nothing works for them while not providing any hair pics.
I was sceptical of RU efficacy thats why I tried it as last resort, but i must say RU is probably useless if not combined with finasteride or dutasteride in aggressive loss cases.
A lot of people don't get RU in your concentration? I would like to understand the difference in effectiveness between HRT and RU
I can't post on Reddit because I get a shadowban immediately after registering. I hate this sh*t.

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide daily + Een Injections 5.5 mg weekly + dutasteride 0.5 mg EOD + Oral Minoxidil 3 mg.

As you can see this is only going backwards and the miniaturization is strong. Even with no androgens I'm still miniaturizing.....
1682316294320.png

Has HRT stopped helping you?

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, I would not refuse oral RU. Maybe it would be more efficient and definitely more convenient

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that it stopped work. At first it stopped my shedding and I was seeing results, but after a month my hair started to fall again ....
You don't have to inject every week. I would recommend 10mg every 2 weeks. Hair loss is not as important as miniaturization. Are you sure that your growth line continues to recede?

SavingMyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to inject every week. I would recommend 10mg every 2 weeks. Hair loss is not as important as miniaturization. Are you sure that your growth line continues to recede?
Some pics taken today. As you can see at trichoscopy level, there is miniaturization going on

Attachments

• IMG-20230424-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0032.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_2023-04-24-14-01-36-482_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-24-14-01-36-482_com.whatsapp.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG-20230424-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0033.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20230424-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20230424-WA0037.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 132

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on HRT for 2 years, and I can confirm this: the texture of the hair does not change in any way. Only their length and coverage area change. But hair of this quality is of little use
What norwood do you have? I started when I was Norwood 1. I thought early treatment would help achieve the ideal, but no
almas, with all due respect, i think instead of relentlessly bashing estrogen hormone replacement it would be more helpful to everyone if users of the drug could help to maybe just lower everyone's expectations but in a more positive way

even you acknowledge it in the bolded sentence. coverage area is majorly f*****g important, and essentially impossible to improve with "the big 3" alone. i also highly doubt you would be holding onto that NW0 for much longer if you weren't injecting EEN

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is my hairline perfect because i starting injecting? no.... but my hair looks way more full and awesome and small hairs are popping up all over the scalp... i agree completely that i still long for a better texture and a true thick hairline but that doesn't take away from the benefits i've endured from the drug

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm still considering adding ru to my regimen alongside estradiol cypionate... surprises me that no one has done it yet (or reported on it if they did)

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
almas, with all due respect, i think instead of relentlessly bashing estrogen hormone replacement it would be more helpful to everyone if users of the drug could help to maybe just lower everyone's expectations but in a more positive way

even you acknowledge it in the bolded sentence. coverage area is majorly f*****g important, and essentially impossible to improve with "the big 3" alone. i also highly doubt you would be holding onto that NW0 for much longer if you weren't injecting EEN
HRT works wonders when compared to BIG3, which does absolutely nothing for most young people. It's definitely worth it. But we become spoiled, this is not enough for us. We want the ideal, we want the hair to be the same as before we started going bald.

Almas_NW0

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm still considering adding ru to my regimen alongside estradiol cypionate... surprises me that no one has done it yet (or reported on it if they did)
It won't do anything. HRT does the maximum: removes androgens and increases estrogen. RU will block the androgen receptors that you don't have.

SavingMyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I got my blood test results...

DHEA-S: 220.1 μg/dl

17b Estradiol: 278.5 pg/ml

FSH: <0.30 mUI/mL

LH: 0.15 mUI/mL

Prolactin: 33.6 ng/ml

Macroprolactin: 33.6 ng/ml

SHBG: 61 nmol/L

Total T: 0.25 ng/ml

Free T: 1.7 pg/ml

DHT: 64.2 pg/ml

3A diol G: 0.42 ng/ml

PSA: 0.08 ng/ml

The blood test was taken the last day of injection cycle(day 7).

Everything looks perfect except prolactin but somehow I'm still miniaturizing....

Last edited: