EXTREMELY DEPRESSED AND HURT

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Belmondo said:
Depression doesn't work like that. Everyone is different and you can't just switch your emotions on and off.

I'm currently feeling very depressed, as well. I can't really say why - much of it is related to my work, I guess, but there are no 'rational' reasons why I should feel like that.
You probably don't want to hear this, but it might be finasteride... Androgens have a lot to do with your mental state, especially DHT. I got depressed, for no reason, when I didn't get the testosterone injections I was dependent on - because the customs seized a shipment. Depression is now an official side effect of finasteride - in case you didn't know.

I have had my issues with depression. Since they started before I used finesteride, I never thought is was a side effect. My depression worsened over the last five years, so much so that I went on ADs for the first time in my life.

Noq, lots has been going on and I was improving, but tbh, I noticed that starting last month I felt better than in years, and last month was the first month I was completely free of finesteride since the early 1990s.

Topical dutasteride not only works better, but seems to have fewer side effects, one reason being you don't need to apply as much.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
How long have you been using topical Dutasteride? How are you making it? And why do you think it works better than finasteride, I thought that you said you were already bald?

Been using topical Dutasteride (plus 2% keto topically) since the end of June, 2010.

It works better than finesteride because finesteride is not that effective inhibiting type I 5-alpha reductase, which is what is found in the scalp.

As I said, nothing really worked for me, and I tried everything (at one point spending over $200 per month on products) until I started uusing topical dutasteride.

Gotta run but later I will post links to picture.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
JohnNYC said:
finfighter said:
How long have you been using topical Dutasteride? How are you making it? And why do you think it works better than finasteride, I thought that you said you were already bald?

Been using topical Dutasteride (plus 2% keto topically) since the end of June, 2010.

It works better than finesteride because finesteride is not that effective inhibiting type I 5-alpha reductase.

I know that is suppresses both forms, but I have always heard that topical dutasteride and finasteride don't really yield results, I was asking if you got superior results from topical dutasteride than internal finasteride, in terms of regrowth, and stopping shedding.

I saw no notable results from oral finesteride or topical finasteride. Since 80% of topically applied finasteride is absorbed, 0.1% topical is not that different from 1 mg taken orally. One study using topical finasteride 0.05% should no efficacy, but I believe the dose was too low.

I have not seen any formal studies using topical dutasteride. All I know is what I see. However, I do believe there is synergy between it and ketoconazole, perhaps keto's weak receptor binding is enough to block any circulating DHT not stopped by dutasteride. Also when used frequently, keto seems to have equal or better growth stimulating properties than minoxidil.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
First of all where did you read that, secondly wouldn't the amount of Dutasteride absorbed be High also, and have you experienced any side effect associated with internal dutasteride?.

1) There was a link to a paper on Dr. Lee's site. Too bad its no longer up. On the assumption that dutasteride has properties similar to finasteride:

2) I mix 0.5 mg gel caps into about 40 ml of vehicle, making about 45 ml of solution. I then apply 0.75 ml every other day. No real side effects regarding sex drive, maybe some reduced semen. No depression, "brain fog" or anything else.

finfighter said:
And where do you buy your Keto and dutasteride from?

Genuine prescription stuff. I feel these are too important to worry about bogus products.

finfighter said:
Just one more question, how are you making your topical dutasteride?

See above.

finfighter said:
Thanks so much, sorry to ask so many questions. It's just that your the first person that I have seen claim results from topical dutasteride.

I seem to be the only one who has tried. I wonder why? I made the decision years ago against oral AIs. Too bad I did not try topical dutasteride sooner.