Eye twitching/pulsing on Minoxidil, psychosomatic?

diffusewinning

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applied minoxidil 5% topical foam for 3 days (once a day) at night, and when I woke up after the first application my left eye was twitching. You can't see it, but I can feel it happening deeper in my eye. I can feel an area above my left eyeball throbbing or pulsing erratically. When I've had eye twitches in the past, it's always been the eyelid and didn't last very long. This happens every 30 minutes or so and it's annoyin af.

I stopped using minoxidil about 5 days ago, and my left eye is still twitching. Psychosomatic? Or legit side effect? I've been sleeping really well (have time off work atm) and have not had any caffeine in the past 3 weeks, so I can't think of other causes for it.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a new one I have never of heard of. I have been using it for many years and have never had that but that doesn't mean much since people have radically different side effects.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applied minoxidil 5% topical foam for 3 days (once a day) at night, and when I woke up after the first application my left eye was twitching. You can't see it, but I can feel it happening deeper in my eye. I can feel an area above my left eyeball throbbing or pulsing erratically. When I've had eye twitches in the past, it's always been the eyelid and didn't last very long. This happens every 30 minutes or so and it's annoyin af.

I stopped using minoxidil about 5 days ago, and my left eye is still twitching. Psychosomatic? Or legit side effect? I've been sleeping really well (have time off work atm) and have not had any caffeine in the past 3 weeks, so I can't think of other causes for it.
I always get eyelid twitch on oral min on my left eye only. It stops after I quit it.